Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Endless refreshing, had to block scripts... (Read 3643 times) previous topic - next topic

Endless refreshing, had to block scripts...

Today i came in after some months away, when browsing http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=idx to pick a section I found it would refresh again, and again, and again, non stop. Thankfully i have noscript, which was not needed for this site as it used to work fine in the past, but today i had to activate it to stop this madness.

But perhaps other users are not as knowledgeable and are unable to use the forums. Someone should please check this.
She is waiting in the air

Reply #1
It's a long shot, but as it's easily simply asked: have you updated your user-agent? There were user-agent changes in version 17 that broke some sites. I'm using Firefox 17 also and don't notice these problems, but I've also updated my user-agent.

Reply #2
No problems here with Firefox 17.01 with scripts enabled for this site and using the default user agent.

Reply #3
Just updated, no issues here either, scripts enabled and AdBlock disabled here.

Reply #4
17.0.1 reverts the user-agent change.

Reply #5
This is my current user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0

If i re-enable scripts, it keeps refreshing like crazy (It's also possible to stop it with ESC). Maybe you have some code expecting something to occur, and when it doesn't it forces a reload?
She is waiting in the air

Reply #6
I run Firefox nightly and have had this issue for months.  I asked about it on the HA IRC but everyone else said it wasn't happening for them. I just hit esc reflexively after loading the main page.

Reply #7
Seems to have stopped!