Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: freedb-project is dead (Read 81656 times) previous topic - next topic

freedb-project is dead

Reply #75

Maybe the big chance for MusicBrainz?

I doubt it. I've had several heated discussions between the stuck-up snobs that write the naming wiki for MB. They claim that MB isn't going to adapt to be used as a tagging service.

Yes, the styleguides are quite strict regarding naming, but, this is for a reason, namely consistancy in the way data is stored.

Which is all fine and dandy, but last I checked, MB is being used by Last.fm so tracks with botched ID3 tags are sent properly.

With the freedb project out of service for the time being, the people that run MusicBrainz need to sit down and decide if it's going be used as a public tagging service, or not.

freedb-project is dead

Reply #76
I doubt it. I've had several heated discussions between the stuck-up snobs that write the naming wiki for MB. They claim that MB isn't going to adapt to be used as a tagging service.

Huh? So what's MusicBrainz then?

freedb-project is dead

Reply #78
Did anyone end up making a MusicBrainz tagging pluging for fb2k?  I remember talk of it, but not sure anything materialized...