Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Splitting/Converting Flac (Read 2144 times) previous topic - next topic

Splitting/Converting Flac

I've backed up some CDs to single FLAC files along with .CUE files.  I plan to do more but want to know this is possible before I do so.

I was wondering how I could use this as my primary storage format and then quickly convert them to other formats (ogg, mp3, single flac files)

For example, suppose I wanted to take this single .FLAC file and using the .CUE split it into multiple MP3 files using the .CUE for file names/ID3 tag info and split points.

I've searched around here and I can't seem to find anything describing doing just that.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Reply #1
Hi,

Read this topic, It is still being updated.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=23014

Basicaly, You can copy your tracks with EAC (using 1 flac per track, not per album) and create a cue sheet. You dont have to create only 1 flac per album since FLAC is 1. Lossless, 2. gapless.

Next, download and install foobar2000, this software can reencode from <insert input coded name here> to <insert output coded name here> without losing any tags. 

That's what ppl here will tell you.

be020261

Reply #2
You can also just copy to an image (one file) and cue and use Foobar to do the same thing. Just load the cue in foobar and you can transcode individual files.