Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Changing Values in Properties (Read 1225 times) previous topic - next topic

Changing Values in Properties

First: I´m a beginner with foobar2000, please be indulgent.
I tried to change some values (Artist Name, Album Titel) in the window "Properties". After click on OK, some seconds of working "updating tags", then I see the remark in the lowest line: "One file could not be updated: Access denied".
I tried it also with empty values (Composer, Album Artist), the same result.
What is wrong?

Re: Changing Values in Properties

Reply #1
Is the file in use outside foobar? Is the file read only? Those would be the first most obvious things I would check.

Reply #2
I think, I found the reason. My .mp3-Datas are not saved on a drive of my Computer, but on a drive in my home-network.
When I work with a file from my drive C:, it works correct.
What is to do?

Reply #3
Does this drive have write permission on your network? This question has nothing to do with foobar as it seems.

Reply #4
The Drive on my Network is not protected. I can save any file on it.
When I operate with foobar on an external drive, that is connected to USB on my Computer, it works without problems.

Reply #5
To prevent confusion, Windows distinguishes between creating and modifying files on a network resource. One may be allowed to create a file but not modifying it after creation.

You could easily test if that is the case in your situation by creating a simple text file and then trying to modify it.

If modifying will not work you will need to change the security settings if you are allowed to do so by right click on the folder, going to the security tab, clicking the Edit button and selecting your username or group and check the box to Allow  'Modify'. Or alternatively the one to Allow 'Full Control'