Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg) (Read 240049 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg)

Reply #427
The first post on this thread links to the component's homepage which has a link to the package. It's the 2010 one.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=c32f406a-f8fc-4164-b6eb-5328b8578f03
I slightly remember I tried the link already, however: This url leads to 404 not found. (Anayway, thanks for your effort & patience).

then you need x86 instead of x64?
hmm, sorry. I didn't realize it needs the 2010 one.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999
This works! Thank you, too!

Reply #428
I'm sorry I can't reproduce this autoscrolling bug. Can you provide more details ? thanks

Thank you for your response.   Sorry for my late reply -- I was on holiday and was not able to reply.

Since your message, I have been unable to reproduce the auto-scrolling (bug?) within your plug-in.  My attempts to induce it have been unsuccessful.  When I have more information I will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

Any development on this?

Reply #429
Hi @NEMO7538 , thanks for your component :) Here's my point :

Playlist Organizer hasn't been updated since 2015. Actually, not a single playlist management component has been been updated since 2015, and that's a lot of time : https://www.foobar2000.org/components/tag/playlist+management
Of course Playlist Organizer works pretty well, so it doesn't really need an update. However, maybe I could suggest a small improvement.

I have lots of autoplaylists, like dozens of them. Folders are really helpful to organize them, but what would be even more helpful would be being able to assign a custom color (text and/or background) to any playlist or folder.

I'm not talking about the existing "custom color" feature, since it doesn't allow to set custom colors on a per-playlist or per-folder basis.

I hope you can consider this. Thanks in advance!

Reply #430
I think the ux expand/collapse chevron glyphs should be the same color as the font. They're virtually unnoticeable with a dark background. See pic below.

Reply #431
.....Since your message, I have been unable to reproduce the auto-scrolling (bug?) within your plug-in.  My attempts to induce it have been unsuccessful.  When I have more information I will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

Any development on this?

No, since we can't reproduce

Reply #432
Hi @NEMO7538 , thanks for your component :) Here's my point :

Playlist Organizer hasn't been updated since 2015. Actually, not a single playlist management component has been been updated since 2015, and that's a lot of time : https://www.foobar2000.org/components/tag/playlist+management
Of course Playlist Organizer works pretty well, so it doesn't really need an update. However, maybe I could suggest a small improvement.

I have lots of autoplaylists, like dozens of them. Folders are really helpful to organize them, but what would be even more helpful would be being able to assign a custom color (text and/or background) to any playlist or folder.

I'm not talking about the existing "custom color" feature, since it doesn't allow to set custom colors on a per-playlist or per-folder basis.

I hope you can consider this. Thanks in advance!
Probably not anytime soon, sorry

Reply #433
I think the ux expand/collapse chevron glyphs should be the same color as the font. They're virtually unnoticeable with a dark background. See pic below.

It is controlled by your Windows color scheme IIRC.
Sorry for that but don't expect any change in the near future.

Reply #434
It is controlled by your Windows color scheme IIRC.
Sorry for that but don't expect any change in the near future.

Ok, because I am just using the default Windows 10 color scheme, with a dark background via DUI colors and fonts. What about considering a change to the type of disclosure widgets to Plus and minus controls so they can be seen with both dark and white DUI background colors.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just looked at Plus/minus controls with a dark background and it looks like crap.

Reply #435
I very much like and use this plugin - to my knowledge the only way to structure a larger amount of playlists within foobar.
However, found some quite strange behaviour of this plugin: two fairly independent versions of the foo_plorg playlist structure seem to live within one foobar instance at the same time. The first one can be accessed by embedding the foo_plorg panel into the layout, the other one is found by opening the plugin in a separate window via the menu (View/Playlist Organizer). This is in my case consistent over different layout presets in CUI.
I started to structure my playlists in a separate window, then tried to switch over to an embedded panel, found the 'messed' structure, re-structured in the embedded panel, and now found a 'messed' structure in the separate window version (which I open in PSS via $imagebutton). Within my skin I would like to use both ways - depending on the respective layout preset.
This could as well be the underlying reason for posts like here.
Is there anything I missed here? Can anybody reproduce this behaviour?
foobar 1.5.3, CUI 1.4.1, foo_plorg 2.6

Reply #436
Hmmm, nobody....
Maybe someone
- who has foo_plorg embedded in his skin (e.g. within a CUI layout by Preferences/Display/Columns UI/Layout: Insert Panel/Panels/Playlist Organizer)
- can spend 2 Minutes of his time
- open a second (separate) Playlist Organizer Panel via View/Playlist Organizer
- compare the two Playlist Organizer Panels (one embedded, one separate)
- check if he finds an identical structure (same folder structure, playlists are found in the same folder)
- gives a short feedback here if 'yes' (=identical) or 'no' (not identical)
This would help me to identify if the problem is on my side or not.
Thanks in advance !!

Attached are snips of the embedded and separate Playlist Organizer appearences (within one foobar skin, unfortunately not identical). A lot of the playlists (actually: 70!) found in the embedded case in the structure as set up from me are enclosed in the separate case in 'New Folder [70]'.

Reply #437
I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Then the previously successfully used portable foobar installation (from a portable device) showed the error message:

Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_plorg.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.foobar portable 1.3.0, updated to 1.3.10

How can I solve this problem?

Reply #438
^ @kpr812 - probably needs Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 as stated under requirements.

Reply #439
Hmmm, nobody....
Maybe someone
- who has foo_plorg embedded in his skin (e.g. within a CUI layout by Preferences/Display/Columns UI/Layout: Insert Panel/Panels/Playlist Organizer)
- can spend 2 Minutes of his time

Yeah, that happens to me too. Its not a problem on your side.

Reply #440
Yeah, that happens to me too. Its not a problem on your side.
Thank you very much McArty for your reply and clarification!!

As I guess that the different folder structur at embedded vs separate window is a topic originating from the plugin itself - does anybody know if there is someone still developing/bugfixing this component? (Unfortunately I do not have the developer capabilities...)

Reply #441

Thank You anamorphic

Reply #443
I'm sorry I can't reproduce this autoscrolling bug. Can you provide more details ? thanks

Thank you for your response.   Sorry for my late reply -- I was on holiday and was not able to reply.

Since your message, I have been unable to reproduce the auto-scrolling (bug?) within your plug-in.  My attempts to induce it have been unsuccessful.  When I have more information I will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

Any development on this?

I believe this is a bug that's specific to Linux users running Foobar2000 with Wine. (Such as me and many others.)

The best way to solve it would be to simply add an option to turn autoscrolling off.

Reply #444
I believe this is a bug that's specific to Linux users running Foobar2000 with Wine. (Such as me and many others.)
The best way to solve it would be to simply add an option to turn autoscrolling off.

I have this problem on two Windows 10 computers (latest updates applied), one with dual screens, the other single screen. Please take another look, it's really annoying. I'm sure it didn't do this when I installed it back in 2015. Maybe it's a Windows design change but if it also appears on Linux?
It seems to be responding to Windows cursor position messages when the component doesn't have focus and even when the mouse is outwith the foobar2000 screen. IMHO this is definitely undesirable behaviour.
TIA

Reply #445

I have this problem on two Windows 10 computers (latest updates applied), one with dual screens, the other single screen. Please take another look, it's really annoying. I'm sure it didn't do this when I installed it back in 2015. Maybe it's a Windows design change but if it also appears on Linux?
It seems to be responding to Windows cursor position messages when the component doesn't have focus and even when the mouse is outwith the foobar2000 screen. IMHO this is definitely undesirable behaviour.
TIA

Me too, I have this behavior on both a recently installed W10Pro and W10Education. I believe it started after a Foobar update a couple of years ago (1.3?) - the one that fixed the playlist crash error and made the old playlists incompatible with the new ones (I think). I use the same config folder on both systems so the problem might be somewhere within. I'm confident that if someone just used my config folder they can reproduce this issue reliably on W10 and latest FB2k.

Is there a way for me to keep my 100+ playlists but reset them as if it's added from a clean install? I think that could help given that the dev can't reproduce it

Reply #446
Can you release source code please?

Reply #447
I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package as required, even though I already had 2013 and 2015-2019 Redistributables installed. Still didn't work. Then I realized I had installed the x64 version of the 2010 out of habit, but fb2k is x86. It worked on my fb2k v1.6.6 after I installed the x86.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999

It's so nice having folders! I have so many playlists to organize now.

I wish it was a preference option to not have the folder open up when I drop a playlist into it. As my folders get larger, it's harder to scroll down to where I need to organize the next thing when the big folder keeps opening back up.

Reply #448
Thanks for this.

Just one minor bug.

If I select a playlist and use the keyboard shortcut Shift+F10 then the right-click context menu should appear but this is not the case.

Why does the Shift+F10 menu differ from the right-click menu? by Raymond Chen
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20110809-00/?p=9943

Reply #449
minor graphical bug here:

when you start playback in one playlist and then put something in another playlist in queue, the "playing" indicator in the plorg view doesn't switch to the new playlist once the song starts playing