Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Oddcast Streaming plugin (Read 7353 times) previous topic - next topic

Oddcast Streaming plugin

now available for foobar2000

http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv2_foo/

Support for Shoutcast, Icecast, Icecast2 Servers
Encoder Support : MP3 (Lame), OggVorbis, WMA

oddsock

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #1
Pretty nice.
I noticed that fb2k crashes if the option for showing the Oddcast display is not checked and you try to play a song, though.

Also, is there a way to minimize or close the status window?

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #2
Pretty nice.
I noticed that fb2k crashes if the option for showing the Oddcast display is not checked and you try to play a song, though.

whoops...fixed and new version uploaded http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv2_foo

close ? No...
minimize ? Not currently, that will be an added feature soon.

oddsock

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #3
1) Does this plugin allow to send Ogg Vorbis streams through Shoutcast?

2) Does this plugin support bitrate peeling (reducing bitrate without reencoding) for Ogg Vorbis?

EDIT: 3) Icecast always disconnects client because of wrong password. What should i write to config file (i wrote my password in oddcast and chaged all passwords in order to match oddcasts one - relay, admin, master, mount fo /example1.ogg (this mount matches wroten in Oddcast one)?

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #4
1) Does this plugin allow to send Ogg Vorbis streams through Shoutcast?

SHOUTcast server is only capable of broadcasting MP3 streams.

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #5
2) Does this plugin support bitrate peeling (reducing bitrate without reencoding) for Ogg Vorbis?

Vorbis has no proper support for this yet and the experimental tools that exist give worse quality than one gets by re-encoding. And since this component streams what you listen, it wouldn't even be possible.

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #6
w00t... just what i been looking for

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #7
thanks for putting this together. i have a little problem with it though. when i try to use it with my openbsd icecast2 server (cvs code checked out today) the icecast2 server segfaults. if i try to connect with the winamp plugin (from oct22-02) instead it's working fine. any ideas to what's causing this?

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #8
"Unable to load dll"

fb2k version 0.58b
Icecast2_win32_2.0_02262003_setup.exe
oddcast_dsp_foo_v1.0.3.exe
Win95

Icecast2 runs fine. The Winamp 2.x plugin runs fine.
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']I wouldn't know a subtle hint if it stood on my desk in a purple dress dancing and singing, "Subtle hints are here again!"[/span]

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #9
Updated to fb2k v 0.586. Still no dice. Component won't load on Win95.

It works on WinME and Win2K, which is where I want it anyway... eventually.
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']I wouldn't know a subtle hint if it stood on my desk in a purple dress dancing and singing, "Subtle hints are here again!"[/span]

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #10
hmm, recompiled icecast2 and now it seems to work. thanks! now the only thing left for winamp to do is to run the geissplugins. perhaps one day he will port them to foobar

Oddcast Streaming plugin

Reply #11
Any help?

What's the usage for button "VU"? Why not put a button "Adv Rec"?