Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can I play DTS or DTS audio CDs with foobar2000? (Read 39461 times) previous topic - next topic

Can I play DTS or DTS audio CDs with foobar2000?

Reply #25
Only 0.8.3 has a DTS plugin, none for 0.9 beta yet. Try the latest fixed foo_dts downloadable here. Then make sure:
  • Put foo_dts.dll in "Components" directory and restart fb2k.
  • The DTS file's extension MUST be renamed from *.wav to *.dts (fb2k don't understand DTS files called WAV, or DTS CD's AFAIK).
  • If using stereo setup, make sure to enable "Convert 5.1 to stereo" in foobars DSP chain.
That should be it, really. If it still doesn't work, then foo_dts probably can't play that particular file and you will have to try some other software.....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #26
Only 0.8.3 has a DTS plugin, none for 0.9 beta yet. Try the latest fixed foo_dts downloadable here. Then make sure:
  • Put foo_dts.dll in "Components" directory and restart fb2k.

• The DTS file's extension MUST be renamed from *.wav to *.dts (fb2k don't understand DTS files called WAV, or DTS CD's AFAIK).

• If using stereo setup, make sure to enable "Convert 5.1 to stereo" in foobars DSP chain.
That should be it, really. If it still doesn't work, then foo_dts probably can't play that particular file and you will have to try some other software.....
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336969"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have the dts plugin in , can see it under the dsp pref.
tried renaming

how to convert 5.1 to stereo ?

anyhow - I use a realtek chip as soundbard , and I use optical digital out direct feeding the dac of my Digitheatre dts 5.1 system

Reply #27
I use foobar2000 (0.8.3) with dts-plugin to play DTS-Audio. I have a Creative SB Audigy and the Theater DT2200.

It seems to work, but not perfectly. Sound is ok but depending on the output-method ....

If output is Kernel Streaming: DTS-Audio sounds good, but the center-box mostly has a break ... No sound of it, except in very few songs!? The other 4.1 boxes play good.
If output is Wave Out: DTS-Audio from all boxes, even center. But: The Sound for the Rear-Boxes has disappeared ... Sounds like normal Stereo (2 ch) converted to 5.1.

Interesting: If I convert DTS-Audio to Vorbis 6 ch, everythings works perfectly with Kernel Streaming. Real 6 Channel-Audio from all boxes. But there should be a way, to make the original DTS playing like this!?

Would be happy if someone has an advice for me ... Thx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wenn jemand Mitgefühl braucht - ich kann's vorheucheln

Reply #28
Since this is starting to be an old thread, I hope I'm not out of line by posting my related questions  to it?  If so, mods, please delete and my most humble apologies.

I too can't figure out the DTS thing. I'm using an AudioTrax Prodigy 7.1 LT.

I can finally get DTS files to play by renaming them but they are converted to 2 channel.  These are multichannel dts music wavs. 

I don't have the DSP for multichannel to stereo enabled.  It's just how they come out.  I don't care about how it sounds on the puter but I'm trying to get the digital signal from the coax out to my home system.  Everything else but this works.  MP3's, CD's ect ect.

The card info indicates that it has a pass through....

Any ideas?

Reply #29
How did you get this to work?  I also have a revo7.1, but haven't been able to find any application that can send any form of DTS stream to SPDIF and have it work on my external decoder.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=265497"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Switch your output in your M-Audio Revolution control panel to Digital. In Foobar disable any DSP plugins, change output date format in playback tab to 16bit fixed-point and change output method to Kernel Streaming. That's all.

Tomas
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=265741"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How did I miss this!!!!!

Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaa hoooooooooo

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reply #30
Chaintech 7v kernd streamd

Well why do we always scratch our heads about DTS i have recreated 200 Gigs of dts on 1 (2 back) Maxtor's with the ambosonic method and the Montreal boys software. It plays back fine of DVD players and power DVD (SPDIF) at 48 Hz.  I do not see why this type on music should not be free to the world for enjoyment.  And therefore we shall wait for foobar's announcement.

Peace

edit

typo and smiles for the season