Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_effect (Read 248928 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_dsp_effect

Reply #250
Hey mudlord,

at first I want to thank you for the good work - I couldn't live without SoundTouch anymore. As a DJ it is so practicaly to be able to adjust the rate (pitching) during sorting new tracks!!!

When doing this I wish that I could choose a mastertempo in Soundtouch. For example  the BPM-Analyser-Plugin writes the tempo in the <bpm>tag. If SoundTouch would read it from every new track it would be a very simple calculation to get the right percent of rate adjust to reach the mastertempo.

Dear mudlord, I think there would be many very thankful people out there if you could realise this "mastertempo-function" in SoundTouch  8)  O:)  Lovers of electronic music would be able to listen through their playlists totally relaxed with the preferred tempo...

What do you think about it? I hope that the needed interaction between SoundTouch and Foobar to give the new <bpm>tag to Soundtouch will not be complicated...

Cheers and the best greetings from Berlin,
gitteverfuehrt

Reply #251
I take it you mean tempo adjust for what you intend.
It might not be practical though in some cases because SoundTouch has some latency if you want to do this entirely in realtime. IIRC when changing tempo/pitch, there is a slight glitch when samples are fed to FB2K, which might make it sound janky when changing in the pitch/tempo shift GUIs.. which would sound horrible if DJing. Could be a buffering problem though with my end.

Reply #252
I use rate adjust like a turntable.

If I play in publicity I use Native Instruments Traktor. Foobar2000 I use to listen new music and tracks to sort and enjoy etc
I know the problem with the glitches. In the moment I switch the rate manually which sounds much more terrible than one single glitch and I have to calculate the rate for each track...

Reply #253
Was bored.

Finally started to work on this, Just need to make sure the rest of them are DPI aware.

Reply #254
Hi mudlord,

the downloadlink on the components page for the latest release v0.17.2 does not work, instead it refers to the foobar2000 download page. Can you please check and fix? Thank you.

Reply #255
That's supposed to be v0.17.1, and foo_dsp_effect.fb2k-component. I handled the upload, so I must have screwed up. It should be fixed now.

Reply #256
Main changes are done so I don't get done as crashware and make it stable again. The previous thingy of using threads to simulate non modal DSP GUIs is a horrible hack and caused around 3,000 reported crashes. Making them modal by not using threads is a proper fix. Until they are rewritten as UI elements that is.

Reply #257
This is truly an awesome plugin, many many thanks!

Is there any way to access the parameter with a keyboard shortcut? Specifically the tempo parameter: it would be very useful to increase the speed with "+" and decrease with "-".

I can see that there are 32 parameter named "DSP #1 config" etc, but it doesn't say what they mean.

Reply #258
I have been working on and off on this.
One of them is to help fit what you are after: easy keyboard controls of opening windows to access components.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTjWT0ZhS00

The keyboard functionality comes as a rewrite of how things are done now, to be in a future WIP.

My roadmap for future versions is to migrate all DSPs to this approach, rewrite the buffering in the pitch/tempo shift DSPs. Maybe I can look at feature requests too, though I now have a parttime job.

Reply #259
This is my favorite plugin.
I liked the dual window mode prior to version 0.17, where it was possible to keep the plugin's window open and still be able to control foobar.
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Reply #260
That previous method was a hack. The one I am working on isn't. It doesn't resort to stupid thread hacks or anything. It uses perfectly valid FB2K services and APIs.

Reply #261
That previous method was a hack. The one I am working on isn't. It doesn't resort to stupid thread hacks or anything. It uses perfectly valid FB2K services and APIs.
Hey @mudlord, I sent you a PM - take a look when you get a chance if you can. :)

Reply #262
*nvm, request seems doable, just need to be motivated enough to add the request people added for ages to read BPM tags which is something personally I don't ever use.*

Reply #263
*nvm, request seems doable, just need to be motivated enough to add the request people added for ages to read BPM tags which is something personally I don't ever use.*
As I said in my PM, I'd be happy to compensate you for your time...

Reply #264
And he said he cannot accept money from anyone. If you want to know why, you should ask him personally. I'd rather not overshare.

Reply #267
finally finished the work, needs to be uploaded.

Reply #268
Farmed off the deemphasis code to a seperate component, see first topic page. Waiting on someone to upload 0.20 of the effect array.

Reply #269
0.20.1, released on 2017-03-20
This version can not be used in XP! Can not move from the right side of the DSP manager to the left!

Reply #270
It also managed to crash on Windows 10. 
A fix should be uploaded ASAP.

Reply #271
The new de-emphasis component works great (on XP): can be inserted and removed almost seamlessly, without going through resonant highpass. Thank you.

Reply #272
fixed a dynamic compressor gui bug when porting to the new free form keybindable windows.

Reply #273
 :-[
am i the only dinosaur here?

Reply #274
A couple of questions:

* How does this relate to foo_deemph?  Have the two of you agreed that you take over that job?

And possibly more significant:

fixed a dynamic compressor gui bug when porting to the new free form keybindable windows.

* You posted this the 31st, while the component is updated the 21st. Is everything included in the 2017-03-21 release, or might I just wait a few more days?