Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Choice of format when purchasing music

Cassette tapes
[ 2 ] (0.3%)
Vinyl
[ 14 ] (1.9%)
CD-A
[ 641 ] (86.9%)
HDCD
[ 3 ] (0.4%)
SACD
[ 15 ] (2%)
DVD-A
[ 15 ] (2%)
[ 48 ] (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 845

Topic: Choice of format when purchasing music (Read 76803 times) previous topic - next topic

Reply #50
The good old audio CD mastered properly is as good as digital sound needs to be.  That is why I own a bunch of them.  And some not as nicely mastered ones  But ripping is a nice hobby and I like having a bunch of good quality music on my iRiver.  I couldn't see myself buying lossy compressed music online.  Maybe lossless but then I'd just rather own the CD.

+1 although I barely use mp3 players

Reply #51
CD although I might look into buying off iTunes now that everything is DRM free now.

Reply #52
Vinyl mainly because I buy mostly 70's and 80's and for the price of one iTunes song I get at least one album and often 2 or 3.

iTunes for the rare new song or stuff that I can't find on vinyl and happens to be on iTunes.

CD for the very rare old artist that is still going, or very very rare new artist that I like more than one song from.

Reply #53
I went with CD-A

Reply #54
CDs is still my preferred format these days.

Reply #55
Still CD-Audio, don't trust anybody else with the encoding to lossless or lossy.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #56
The good old CD! Leaves me the freedom to rip to whatever format I choose or need.

Reply #57
i spend most of my money on vinyls

Reply #58
This poll is 5 YEEAARS old!!! Back when iTunes didn't even exist (did it???) - How about making a new one?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P