Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can dBpowerAMP write cue-sheets feat. correct pre-gap + HTOA info yet? (Read 4945 times) previous topic - next topic

Can dBpowerAMP write cue-sheets feat. correct pre-gap + HTOA info yet?

I love dBpoweramp for the speed, security and convenience.

I rip to FLAC tracks.

Is there a way to create a cuesheet with correct pre-gap information and HTOA (if it exists) at the same time as ripping with dBpa?
The HA wiki says this is in beta, and then links to a 2010 thread discussing it.

I know about using EAC to create the cuesheet, and hoping/checking that the filenames match - but that takes away the speed and convenience of ripping with dBpoweramp.

Anyone found a simple, almost one-click workaround? Or anyone know if this feature is there or nearly there in some new version of dBpoweramp?

Thanks,
David.

Reply #1
There is more information on this in a fairly recent thread here.
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #2
Is there a way to create a cuesheet with correct pre-gap information and HTOA (if it exists) at the same time as ripping with dBpa?
The HA wiki says this is in beta, and then links to a 2010 thread discussing it.

I know about using EAC to create the cuesheet, and hoping/checking that the filenames match - but that takes away the speed and convenience of ripping with dBpoweramp.

I don't know the latest on dBPA as it was a while since I trialled it

I now mostly use CueRipper (part of CueTools) which purports to support HTOA and every kind of CUEsheet. I rip usually to FLAC or lossyFLAC image+CUE (I see you rip tracks) and often choose burst mode but will use secure when AR & CTDB report no matches when the disc is identified (which, usefully, is before I commence ripping). For me this is speedy, secure and convenient.

I'm still trying to dig out any unusual cases in my CD collection to check they're dealt with properly. I'd like to detect and process HDCD and PRE-emphasised content ideally, and capture HTOA where it exists (all my hidden tracks are either after a long silence at the end of the disc or as data files in a CD extra subfolder). I don't believe I have any PRE or HTOA CDs in my collection and haven't yet dug out my old Dire Straits remasters to check how it deals with HDCD.

It would be cool if there were some way to emulate small virtual test CDs with such features in CloneDrive or similar, but as ISO images can't hold red book CDDA, I guess there's no such thing.

The other thing I'd like for a couple of discs is a player that works like a standard CD player. For at least one live album, I'm pretty sure the INDEX points are beautifully set to include applause and chatter between songs when playing straight through but to jump straight from song to song without nasty pops or disjointedness when shuffling. I don't think even fb2k or Rockbox playing the CUEsheet would handle that one the same as a CD player, but I haven't ripped it as image+CUE so I need to dig out the physical CD to check.
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD

Reply #3
Nearly a year later, I still have the same question.

Anyone know of any new progress? I've looked but can't find!

Cheers,
David.

Reply #4
It cannot write to single flac + cue.