Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of "Default UI Gallery" (Read 377216 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of "Default UI Gallery"

Reply #175
heres the code i use

$pad($repeat(★,%rating%), 5,☆)

im using segeo UI as my font.

Reply #177
im pretty sure

Reply #178

Edit:
Download theme file here.

Hi love the interface, just installed but if I have the "All" selected in the "Track" then I just get [multiple items] showing in the cover art, I have to actually click on a track to get the album art up? can this be sorted?

Album art hass only 1 jpg image per directory in the structure on the HD.

but all in all v good

CHARLES

Reply #179
Hi love the interface, just installed but if I have the "All" selected in the "Track" then I just get [multiple items] showing in the cover art, I have to actually click on a track to get the album art up? can this be sorted?

Album art hass only 1 jpg image per directory in the structure on the HD.

but all in all v good

CHARLES

You might check to see if in addition to the single art file in the directory that you have not also embedded the art in the individual tracks

terry

Reply #180
how can i add a rating column ?

edit: never mind.

Reply #181
the previous one was too big, so i made small one, if there only was an option to get rid of status bar & menu, i don't need them and they are waste of space

thats a nice config... im a big l fan too

Reply #184
I've found the default gallery options to be more than enough and a big step up from the 0.8.3 options.  Seeing the file info in a separate box and some visualizations are nice touches that make foobar that much more polished.  I don't see why anyone would need more than the basics unless you like staring at your audio software instead of listening to stuff with it.
foobar 0.9.6.8
FLAC -5
LAME 3.98 -V3

Reply #185
Hi all!

How can i setup/make the rating in the Default UI?

Reply #186
Hi all!

How can i setup/make the rating in the Default UI?

Install a component "Playback Statistics", then go to Preferences/Display/Default User interface/Playlist view and add a line Name: Rating and Pattern: $pad($repeat(?,%rating%), 5,?). Change playlist fonts to Arial Unicode MS.
Then go to the playlist and choose columns.

Reply #187
THX hariskar  Now ti works  Thank you!

Reply #188

how can i get facets 2 b on top of each other like that?

Reply #189
View > Enable Layout Editing mode > Right-click Facets border > Arrange Vertically

foobar > *

Reply #192
Thanks Grimes! I haven't been keeping up with the latest components 

Reply #193
@flakpt

I like your layout here - it is very interesting. Maybe i am going to create an additional layout in the same style. I would like to know how your facets are interacting with the playlist on the right side: Is it a facet playlist and if not how are the settings for middle/doubleclick?

Reply #194
@flakpt

I like your layout here - it is very interesting. Maybe i am going to create an additional layout in the same style. I would like to know how your facets are interacting with the playlist on the right side: Is it a facet playlist and if not how are the settings for middle/doubleclick?

Hi m8,

I use facets for Artist/Album/Tracks. I have the Album facet sorted by a Year column. The Tracks facet is sorted by a Track Number column, and includes a rating column too.

On the right side is a Playlist View element. When i double click an Artist, all of that Artist's music is added to the playlist, replacing the current one. When i double click an album, that album replaces the current playlist.

Middle click is the same as double click but enqueues the tracks on the playlist, instead of replacing.

I dont use multiple playlists, so i didnt add a playlist manager. I guess its something ill add later, but for now this layout gives me quick access to all that i want to hear.
foobar > *

Reply #195
ive noticed some people have rating buttons on there toolbars how do  you get them there? iam presuming you can use them to rate songs?

Reply #196
Hey davio,

take a look at my post here, there it's explained...

Basically, you need the component "foo_quicktag", configure it to set the tag "rating" to any value (I use 0 to 5) and bind these macros to some buttons...

NinjaN
IDE? This is S-ATA!

Reply #197
Hey davio,

take a look at my post here, there it's explained...

Basically, you need the component "foo_quicktag", configure it to set the tag "rating" to any value (I use 0 to 5) and bind these macros to some buttons...

NinjaN

Awesome thanks man

Reply #198
Actually, quicktag isn't necessary if you're using the Official Playback Statistics component to handle your ratings and playcount info.

Reply #199
oh well i had that component anyway so i got it up and running but i have another question. 

ive tried rating some of my music in foobar but when i go to itunes it doesnt keep the rating! same happens other way round is there a way around this?  its no biggie just wondered if you could.

also can you create custom  playlists in foobar like itunes where you can create a playlist containing all your top rated music? or say a playlist containing only a certain genre?  hope you know what i mean