Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hydrogenaudio Folding@Home team (Read 2322 times) previous topic - next topic

Hydrogenaudio Folding@Home team

I figured I should announce our Folding@Home team project also at news.

Folding@Home is a distributed computing project which studies protein folding, misfolding, aggregation, and related diseases. The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, remains a mystery. Moreover, perhaps not surprisingly, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious effects, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, and Parkinson's disease.

If you want to join to the Hydrogenaudio Folding@Home team, our team number is 32639. Here's our team stats page.

HA discussion about Folding@Home is going on in this thread, so you may want to read it, if you are interested.
Juha Laaksonheimo