Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_shizzle (Read 26859 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_shizzle

Reply #125
Ok, I just wanted to make sure it was the w98, as I remembered something like that.
I don't know about the NT systems yet, but tomorrow I'll tell you if it works (as it propably does) as I get home.

foo_shizzle

Reply #126
Ok, I just wanted to make sure it was the w98, as I remembered something like that.
I don't know about the NT systems yet, but tomorrow I'll tell you if it works (as it propably does) as I get home.

Yep.  I don't have a 98/ME test machine, so it's too much trouble to hunt down the bugs.  If I ever get it to a stable point, I might try to work on that, but otherwise, I just don't feel like fighting it.

foo_shizzle

Reply #127
Found a bug that crashes whole foobar. Put only one space to the search string, press enter and it crashes. Every time.

foo_shizzle

Reply #128
You're right.  I think I know where the bug is.  I'll fix it tomorrow.

foo_shizzle

Reply #130
foo_shizzle 0.6.b11.005 uploaded
Compiled 25.Apr.2003

http://gelaed.com/resources/cplusplus/foo_shizzle.zip

[0.6.b11.005]
Changed:
  Upgraded to 0.6 final SDK
Added:   Font selection for search boxes
Added:   Search history
Added:   Format string history
Added:   Option to clear "Search for" box after each search
Fixed:   Completely invalid files (files with NULL file_info) are no longer
  returned in the search results.  Ever.
Fixed:   Error in thrifty search.  Now properly searches when "search in path
  when searching all" is checked.
Changed:
  Minor speed and size optimizations.

foo_shizzle

Reply #132
ok this is I think a bug. I'll try to explain it clearly with an example:

system: WinXP SP1, foobar2k v6, Logitech mouse on Windows standard drivers
shizzle version latest as of 5mins ago

I'm searching in 'All'.
I type 'beethoven' in Search for.
I get my 61 results.

All fine and dandy. Until I do either of the following:
delete the Search for string
scroll down with the mouse wheel
choose a string from the drop down history that is longer than the current string

What then happens is:
The Results box clears (fine in the first case but unexpected in the second)
Then if I try to select a search term that I've used before from the drop down box it doesn't show the results.

so I type beethoven (get results), delete beethoven, choose beethoven (or anything else from the drop down history) and get no results.

I hope this is clear!

The other time this happens is if I choose a string from the drop down shorter than the current string, except it deals with that one fine but then refuses to show results if I select more strings from the drop down.

foo_shizzle

Reply #133
Can you tell me what kind of config settings you're using?

Pretty much all of the info in the config screen in pertinent.

edit: I think I see what you're referring to.  I'll see if I can get it fixed soon.

foo_shizzle

Reply #134
0.6.b11.007

Should fix it.  I should also note that the search history is effectvely useless when auto-search is turned on.  There's no real way to make it useful whe auto-complete is on, because if you search for "beethoven", it searches for "b", "be", "bee", "beet", etc, for each additional letter typed.  But anyway, it should behave in a predictable manner now.

In addition, this is pretty much an "internal" build.  I added mass-tagger capabilities as a test.  I don't keep multiple backups on my system (I should, though), and I didn't feel like stripping out the masstagger functionality.  It should be working fine, though.  Let me know if you find any bugs with it.

Anyway, I hope you like the masstagger functionality, even though you weren't supposed to see it yet. 

foo_shizzle

Reply #135
sorry I would have posted my shizzle config but as I hadn't changed anything from the out-of-the-box setup I assumed it wouldn't matter .

That certainly fixes the problematic part of the issue. It doesn't auto-show the results of the search when I choose from the history (have to press enter) but that could arguably be desirable behaviour..

Thanks for sorting that out so quickly.

I agree that a large proportion of the history is useless in auto-search mode but luckily the history is big enough that it retains at least some of the 1 previous search (eg. search for classical then beethoven, you can still see classical in the history.

1 more little niggle (may be part of it being an internal build - I don't recall if it did this before). When it opens it would be nice if the cursor was already in the search for box so one can open it and begin to type a search straight away. This would line it up with the basic search in foobar.

I don't know what you mean by masstagger functionality so I can't comment . I have tried to think what you mean but I can't seem to work it out - it could be the amount of beer in my system right now.. but I'd love to know (when I wake up sans hangover) so I can try it out!

cheers again for a great little plugin

foo_shizzle

Reply #136
It used to start with the cursor in the box.  I didn't notice that it had broken (tab order got messed up when I replaced the editbox with the combobox).  I'll get that fixed for the next release.  (Going to be a little while, though.  Working on some fairly big changes, and chasing some really wierd bugs that those changes have introduced.)

The masstagger is the same as the one that foobar provides.  i.e. When you right-click on the foobar playlist, you'll see the Masstagger options.  If you right-click on the results list in Meta Search, you'll see those same options.

foo_shizzle

Reply #137
And unto the masses there came foo_shizzle 0.6.b11.008. 

[0.6.b11.008]
Changed:
  Masstagger capability is no longer hardcoded.  Only works if
  masstagger plugin is present.  This reduces foo_shizzle's filesize,
  and more importantly, allows the masstagger to be updated
  independently of Meta Search (and vice versa).
  Many thanks to Peter for help on this one.
Added:   "Show file info" option.  (Dependent upon the CORE Show file info
  functionality)
Fixed:   Search for box is selected when the plugin is opened.

foo_shizzle

Reply #138
foo_shizzle 0.6.b11.009

[0.6.b11.009]
Fixed:   Now returns "Gelaed" for keyboard shortcuts group name
Added:   Now double-buffered on Windows XP, for that oh-so-smooth resizing
  action
Fixed:   No longer selects the text in the search in/search for fields when
  resizing

foo_shizzle

Reply #139
The masstagger is the same as the one that foobar provides.  i.e. When you right-click on the foobar playlist, you'll see the Masstagger options.  If you right-click on the results list in Meta Search, you'll see those same options.

I see. Good idea.

Funnily I had a load of weird dreams (must have been the alcohol) but one was about the mass tagger thing.. It was that meta_search allowed you to get results on files with:

1. x or less tags
2. a missing x field

Then it would help with tagging a load of poorly tagged files.. Just an idea you might like to consider (if it isn't already possible)

foo_shizzle

Reply #140
I've actually thought about adding that.  There are several things that I would like to add, as far as searching capabilities go.

foo_shizzle

Reply #141
hello Curious George, thanks for foo_playlistfind 

1 small request though, could you make an option so that it will only search from the beginning of the string? I.e. it will kinda be like autocomplete in internet explorer or mozilla.. So if you enter Sa for example, it will scroll to entries starting with Sa.

Thanks again..

foo_shizzle

Reply #142
Sure.  I'll add an option for that in the next version. 

foo_shizzle

Reply #143
Sure.  I'll add an option for that in the next version. 

Thanks

BTW one minor thing about foo_addall - if you have the "play on send" option on, clear the playlist and then run send all from database, it will always play the first track even when shuffle is on. I know send all will clear the playlist it self, but its a habit ive got :/

foobar also does a similar thing (with shuffle on), that is if you leave it playing, clear the playlist, add tracks again, the next track it will play (by just letting it play) will be the first one..

Also, another thing about foo_addall, when running send all (again with "play on send" option on) when playback is paused will just unpause playback.

foo_shizzle

Reply #144
Thanks

Welcome.

BTW one minor thing about foo_addall - if you have the "play on send" option on, clear the playlist and then run send all from database, it will always play the first track even when shuffle is on. I know send all will clear the playlist it self, but its a habit ive got :/

Well, that's really foobar's behavior.  I might look at changing it later, though.  I should be able to force it to play a random track. (I've never tried, but I assume the functionality is there.)

Also, another thing about foo_addall, when running send all (again with "play on send" option on) when playback is paused will just unpause playback.

I might look at changing this as well.

I'm not really sure if I want to change either of those behaviors.  That part of my code is straightforward and logical.  But I'll consider it.

P.S.  I'm glad to hear that someone uses foo_addall.  I thought it might just be me. 

foo_shizzle

Reply #145
P.S.  I'm glad to hear that someone uses foo_addall.  I thought it might just be me. 

Lol. I only use it because its quick and supports custom sort strings. I wish that ZzZ would expand the "Sort incoming files" option.

PS. its only the second one that really annoys me.

foo_shizzle

Reply #146
Very cool...... thanks!

foo_shizzle

Reply #147
Some updates.

foo_addall 0.6.b11.004
http://gelaed.com/resources/cplusplus/foo_addall.zip
[0.6.b11.004]
Changed:
  If a song is paused, and "Send all from database" is selected
  (and "play on send" is selected), Add All will stop the current
  song and start one of the new songs.
Changed:
  When shuffle is on, Add All now "forces" shuffle for "Play on
  send", rather than simply giving foobar the command to play (which
  results in playing the first track every time).

foo_shizzle 0.6.b11.010
[0.6.b11.010]
Changed:
  If a song is paused, and "Send Selected" or "Send All" is clicked
  (and "play on send" is selected), Meta Search will stop the current
  song and start one of the new songs.
Changed:
  When shuffle is on, Meta Search now "forces" shuffle for "Play on
  send", rather than simply giving foobar the command to play (which
  results in playing the first track every time).

foo_playlistfind 0.6.b11.003
http://gelaed.com/resources/cplusplus/foo_...laylistfind.zip
[0.6.b11.003]
Added:   "Search only from front of entry strings" option
Added:   "Close Playlist Find and play currently focused" keyboard shortcut
Added:   Now passes unhandled keyboard messages to the main Foobar window

addicted, you're welcome. 

foo_shizzle

Reply #148
foo_playlistsearch won't work when using "Search only from front of entry strings".. It just doesn't do a thing. When using the "old behaviour" it works fine.

foo_shizzle

Reply #149
Make sure the formatting matches that of your playlist exactly (sans numbers, unless you want to type those in . . . ), or it will appear to be working improperly.

It works fine here.