Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: winamp_spam and textinfo updates (Read 19983 times) previous topic - next topic

winamp_spam and textinfo updates

Reply #25
I might at some point in the future, but I haven't even had time to work on foo_shizzle for a while.  :\

Reply #26
Hey thanks man! It's really great if you really plan to work with these (even if it's "at some point in the future"). I believe we don't need the winamp_spam plugin, but the textinfo would be so sweet! And I believe if you make it we even get better functionality as we can hopefully configure it in foobar preferences B) A great thing would also be having the possibility to select the directory where the textfile is created (and possibly the name of the file also). Hopefully you'll do this!

Reply #27
i previously made a simple one just to mess about with making a component.

im not really a very good coder, but find it at

http://members.lycos.co.uk/musicf/

it does have bugs, i know it doesn't write unicode file names properly or make unicode text files properly. still it works, if it meets your needs feel free to use it, but i won't be updating it.

its compiled with 0.6b11 sdk.

Reply #28
Cool!  Just tried it a bit and it SEEMS to be enough for me. Of course I'd like to get it to support unicode fully, but this really better than nothing and for now I still use my %artist2% / %title2% / %album2% etc tags to go round the problem  Thank you for this, but I'm still waiting if Curi0us_George is going to start this project also. I'll begin testing this plugin more when I get home on sunday, so I'll bitch about them then (even though you wont update the plugin).

Reply #29
anza, I said, "might".  That's if I get the time.  (I'm going to have to do some hacking on foo_shizzle to get it to work with the new SDK.)  So don't get your hopes up too high. 

musicmusic, that looks good to me. 

Reply #30
George, I said "It's really great if you really plan to work..."  Well if you're not taking the job, musicmusic's plugin does it finely also.

BTW, musicmusic could you put the source avaliable also? So people can update it if you wont

EDIT: OK, I've fallen in love again  This plugin seems to kick ass! I can't wait to get home on sunday to do some serious testing!

Reply #31
I think that for somebody foo_winampspam could be still usefull /somebody like me for example  / I've been using it to display song title/artist on miranda popup. Now I'm using baloon tooltips but i can't say they're beautiful and if anyone could recompile winampspam milions of miranda users would be grateful

Reply #32
musicmusic,

Thanks for foo_text.  It appears to work well.  Please continue development and support on it if it is at all possible.  A lot of us would appreciate it.
Master of Fate. By Fate Mastered

Reply #33
Ok i just put an updated version on the same site, i changed some stuff so something may be broken. I would love to continue to update it but i really can't code. I only have MSVC6, no books or nothing, not even the msdn library (the help for MSVC6) and I really aint sure about a lot of stuff.

anza: i will put up the source once ive cleaned it up a bit, its kinda messy. Anyway, its fairly simple so I don't know if it would actually be useful to anyone.

Reply #34
Would it be possible to put a "update file every X seconds"? Don't ask why, but it'd be really great

Reply #35
Would it be possible to put a "update file every X seconds"? Don't ask why, but it'd be really great

sorry, out of my league. still the source is now up and a minor update.

Reply #36
Hey, it works great. Thanks, musicmusic.  B)
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #37
what are some programs you can use the textinfo for?

Just curious

Reply #38
Ok i just put an updated version on the same site, i changed some stuff so something may be broken. I would love to continue to update it but i really can't code. I only have MSVC6, no books or nothing, not even the msdn library (the help for MSVC6) and I really aint sure about a lot of stuff.

anza: i will put up the source once ive cleaned it up a bit, its kinda messy. Anyway, its fairly simple so I don't know if it would actually be useful to anyone.

it's great. even bet than textinfo was. the preference page is very useful for one. and changing to a different string when not playing is great!

thanks for making it available

Reply #39
what are some programs you can use the textinfo for?

Just curious

Well I use this for example with LCDinfo and Samurize.

Reply #40
it's great. even bet than textinfo was. the preference page is very useful for one. and changing to a different string when not playing is great!

thanks for making it available

no problem.

i just made a minor update again, probably the last one from me, I hope someone will take over the plugin.

Reply #41
I was wondering if it is possible to make foo_text to add a new line to text file not to overwrite it?

Reply #42
I was wondering if it is possible to make foo_text to add a new line to text file not to overwrite it?

Sure, i made an option to append text to the end of file.

Though, you'd need to put a separator or $char(10) at the end of your playing string, I could make a option of this if you want.

You may also want to disable the stop string because that gets called inbetween every file.

Reply #43
I could make a option of this if you want.

I'd be grateful

Reply #44
I'd be grateful

I wasn't sure if you wanted an option to auto insert a new line or choose your own separator, so I done it like the latter.

You press enter in the separator editbox and you'll have a new line on every append, you can put multiple returns or use a comma, whatever you feel like.

Reply #45
Thanks, the last thing I've been missing in foo_textu

Reply #46
Anza: I made a version of foo_text.dll with timers as you requested

Find the test version at

http://members.lycos.co.uk/musicf/test/

foo_text.dll = ansi version, foo_textu.dll = unicode version.

The timer works irrespective of the write track on song change version/stop.

It seems ok here, if all goes well i'll submit it to the 3rd party components page.

This version also has some timer related additions.

Reply #47
COOL!  Thanks, now foobar really whips the llamas' ass!

Reply #48
COOL!  Thanks, now foobar really whips the llamas' ass!

lol! i updated the test version a while ago i guess you got the new version.

BTW foosion I borrowed your code for the tabs in prefs since i ran out of space in mine  I hope its ok, i gave you credit in the about text.

I'm gonna test it a bit more, then i'll release version 1.0, tomorrow probably.

BTW anza, i just actually tested Samurize properly, it quite nice to leave pinned to the desktop. But I immediately noticed the limit on the update interval to 1000msec, do you know why? At anyrate, i edited the samurize config ini to say Interval=100, it works a lot better, especially with pause etc. strings.

Reply #49
New version, 1.2. (You may have missed 1.1 since I didnt announce it here, it had a fair bit of new things.)

Fixes newlines with non-title formatting strings (issue shows up with samurize).
Other minor changes & fixes.

Note: you should now use $char(13)$char(10) for new lines in title formatting (is actually the correct method, $char(10) will not work in most programs anymore).

Website is same: http://members.lycos.co.uk/musicf/

edit: 1.21 posted