Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: winamp_spam and textinfo updates (Read 19988 times) previous topic - next topic

winamp_spam and textinfo updates

Finally got a bit of spare time to update my plugins

foo_winamp_spam 0.5 fixes a few more bugs, now includes sample config as you should always use config method. Comes in unicode and ansi flavors, be sure to pick the right one! (Unicode=NT/2K/XP only!)
http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1dll/foo_winamp...mp_spam-0.5.zip (Unicode)
http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1dll/foo_winamp...am_ansi-0.5.zip (ANSI)

(If you have no idea what winamp_spam does try http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1dll/)

And foo_textinfo 0.2 which reads in foo_textinfo.cfg and outputs foo_textinfo.txt as formatted by the config, now (hopefully) doesn't break as soon as you hit stop or add files to your playlist. http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1dll/foo_textinfo-0.2.zip

Enjoy!

(Edit: Silly brackets breaking my URLs!)

Reply #1
I was waiting for this anxiously, I made a little script for this plugin, and the unicode thing in filenames made things a bit more difficult  (if someone is interested I can publish it)

Reply #2
I love your foo_textinfo plugin, but an option to specify where to put the foo_textinfo.txt would be great: I want to put it onto a network drive of my gateway, so it can display what i'm currently listening to on its lc screen
I hope this isn't too hard to implement, still got some spare time?

Reply #3
Looks like the problem was in r1dll.dll when it retrieves the filename,  it gives me things like:
Mago De Oz - [Jesús De Chamberí (Opera Rock)] - Hasta Que Tu Muerte Nos Separe.mp3
when in reality is:
Mago De Oz - [Jesús De Chamberí (Opera Rock)] - Hasta Que Tu Muerte Nos Separe.mp3
Could you please make a fix for that? 

Reply #4
Make sure you're using the right version of the winamp_spam dll, eg unicode or ANSI.

Reply #5
Ahhh, i remember the day you said you'll spare us the pain and not release it , like it was yesterday. Thank you so much for bringing more spam into our lives .

Reply #6
so, tell me what i am doing wrong:
i have the following script set up in mirc --

/t {
set %title $dll(r1dll.dll, GetCurrentWinampSong, 0)
/describe $active is playing %title
unset %title
}

..and %title seems to do nothing! all i get on irc this:

* mmcc is playing

...no title, no nuthin. it seems like it should work 100%. help?

Reply #7
awesome script/plugin

many thanks

Reply #8

/t {
unset %title
}

* mmcc is playing

You're using incorrect version of plugin.
I was using already the unicode version (the other made what  mmcc describes).
  set %FOO.cadenatemp $dll($scriptdirdlls\r1dll.dll, GetCurrentWinampSong, 0)
works well if I use the unicode (in XP) but this:
  set %FOO.file $dll($scriptdirdlls\r1dll.dll, GetCurrentWinampSongFileName, 0)
is what gives me problems. 

Reply #9
Finally got a bit of spare time to update my plugins

And foo_textinfo 0.2 which reads in foo_textinfo.cfg and outputs foo_textinfo.txt as formatted by the config, now (hopefully) doesn't break as soon as you hit stop or add files to your playlist. http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1dll/foo_textinfo-0.2.zip

thankyou thankyou thankyou!  That was the only problem I've had with it. Great plugin!

Reply #10
Ok using multiple lines won't work on 0.57, propably because the "major changes in title formatting (some weird [] sections containing functions will be broken, beware), see title formatting help for info on new features", as foobar now allows the user to split the code into multiple lines... NOT nice at all

EDIT: Of course I mean the textinfo plugin (or winamp spam also?)

Reply #11
Ok using multiple lines won't work on 0.57, propably because the "major changes in title formatting (some weird [] sections containing functions will be broken, beware), see title formatting help for info on new features", as foobar now allows the user to split the code into multiple lines... NOT nice at all

Not nice at all? Very nice actually. The changes are good. Instead of staying with the previous ones, the choise to imporve formatting and not let "compatibility" with some current stuff get in the way for better things in the future, is good in my opinion.

Reply #12
Yeah I don't think this is a bad thing, but I think it's not nice that there is no way to "force line change" or something.

Reply #13
Ok, I workedaround the thing using the single quotation marks! here's my foo_textinfo.cfg:

Code: [Select]
$if(%artist2%,%artist2%,%artist%) - $if(%title2%,%title2%,%title%)'
'
$padcut($shortest($if(%artist2%,%artist2%,%artist%),$cut($if(%artist2%,%artist2%,%artist%),16)..),18)'
'
$padcut($shortest($if(%title2%,%title2%,%title%),$cut($if(%title2%,%title2%,%title%),16)..),18)'
'
$padcut($if(%album%,$shortest($if(%album2%,%album2%,%album%),$cut($if(%album2%,%album2%,%album%),16)..),<N/A>),18)'
'
$padcut($if(%tracknumber%,%tracknumber%,<N/A>),9)'
'
$padcut($if(%date%,%date%,<N/A>),8)'
'
$padcut(%_length%,9)'
'
$padcut(%__bitrate%kbps,8)'
'
$padcut($div(%__samplerate%,1000).$substr(%__samplerate%,3,3)kHz,8)'
'
$padcut($ifgreater(%__channels%,1,stereo,mono),9)'
'
$padcut($cut(%__replaygain_track_gain%,6)dB,9)'
'
$padcut($upper($ext(%_filename_ext%)),8)'
'

This outputs a file like this:
Code: [Select]
Nirvana - You Know You're Right
Nirvana          
You Know You're ..
Nirvana          
3:38    
192kbps
44.1kHz
stereo  
-8.700dB
MP3    

The first line's for Samurize, others for my LCD. I've got an %artist2%, %title2% and/or %album2% tag in every song that has ä, ö, å in it's name, it's artist's name or in the album's name. So if the artist's name was ÄÖÅ, it'd be in the normal %artist% tag and in the %artist2% would be "AOA". This is because my LCD can't show international letters or other special characters. I've also padded those fields so it all fits perfectly on the LCD

Oh, and I HAD $if2's there, but it seems that they don't work in version 0.57 any more... 

Reply #14

/t {
unset %title
}

* mmcc is playing

I get a similar problem.

Using the script that was in the original zip file, I get:
* Gemini is playing (MPC@209kbps, 0:04/3:09)

I don't get an artist or song name.
I tried both plugins and they both have the same result.
I'm running XP. Any hints on getting this to work?

Reply #15
ahh, great!!!
Works very well, thanks

Reply #16
Hey, any way of making new versions of these two GREAT plugins, so they'd work with 0.6 betas?

Reply #17
Hey, any way of making new versions of these two GREAT plugins, so they'd work with 0.6 betas?

Yes please. I too am eagerly awaiting a version of textinfo to work with 0.6

Reply #19
...And another vote for a new text_info 

Reply #20
me too 

Reply #21
And antoher vote.

Reply #22
1 more vote for text_info. (But please fix it to update the right tracking file and not create others in different places.) Thanks.

Reply #23
It seems that R1CH has left us alone on this one. Maybe someone else could try doing plugin that works same way as foo_textinfo? I know we have many skilled programmers here (kode54 and Curi0us_George to name the first ones that came in my mind), and I believe this can't be a hard task to do for you. Please, help us!

Reply #24
Anyone interested in remaking these??