Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_WinampDB - HowTo? (Read 4549 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_WinampDB - HowTo?

Could someone explain me how to use this - there is some place to write password and username...
Thx a lot

foo_WinampDB - HowTo?

Reply #1
Yes. No ducumentation included? Either documentation or the webpage from which you downloaded it should describe the rather cheap way to configure the current version. It involves writing a configuration file with Notepad. The only problem is, it expects the configuration file in whatever directory your files are in. Funny, isn't it?

foo_WinampDB - HowTo?

Reply #2
There is no documentation so could you explain me how to use this?

foo_WinampDB - HowTo?

Reply #3
Yes. No ducumentation included? Either documentation or the webpage from which you downloaded it should describe the rather cheap way to configure the current version. It involves writing a configuration file with Notepad. The only problem is, it expects the configuration file in whatever directory your files are in. Funny, isn't it?

A) There is a readme.txt file. It explains everything you need.
B) The current version doesn't require any special files; username/password/etc are all stored in foobar.cfg. Older versions were dumb like that, but since it  was beta, some hackishness could be expected (and, hopefully, tolerated).

oh, and

C) Letting me know what version you're using would be helpful. The current version is v5, and you can download it at www.tcnj.edu/~mann2/foo_winampdb/

foo_WinampDB - HowTo?

Reply #4
But now we have final version of foo_winampdb and I have some problems - I get an error massage every time (missing MSVCP70.dll)... I have f2k 0.51a on WinXP with all plugins... could someone help me?

foo_WinampDB - HowTo?

Reply #5
I get an error massage every time (missing MSVCP70.dll)... I have f2k 0.51a on WinXP with all plugins... could someone help me?

Here

foo_WinampDB - HowTo?

Reply #7
WinampDB shut down March 31st, and the domain no longer points to anything. Here is the body of the message:

Due to some personal things beyond my control at this point I am forced to shut down WinampDB.  This evening the server will go back into the hands of our hosting company and therefore the images, forums and pages will no longer be accessible.  I would like to thank all the members of the team, plugin developers as well as those who took the time to answer questions on the forum, your time and knowledge was greatly appreciated.  I am sorry for the short notice but this is news to me too.  Anyway you can reach me at tstanley@myrealbox.com (expect a delay in the response).  Also when I get my hands on another server I'll try to revive the project.

Tom