Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: v1.6.7 beta 16 => Not showing picture of the playing track (Read 2997 times) previous topic - next topic

v1.6.7 beta 16 => Not showing picture of the playing track

Hello Peter,
I am testing the new v1.6.7 beta 16 and I found that no picture is shown of the playing track (even changing track, no show-up).
To have a picture popping-up I have to manually click on any other track of the playing album. But then, if I click again on the playing track, the picture disappear.

I cannot say anything about previous beta because not tested.
V 1.6.6 is not affected by this problem.

Regards, Andrea

Re: v1.6.7 beta 16 => Not showing picture of the playing track

Reply #1
Update about:

Sorry, I made a small mistake.
I said "not showing picture" and I have to correct in "not updating displayed picture"

Regards, Andrea

Reply #3
Hello @APMichael , yes, you are right, it is exactly the same problem.
Digging a bit more into this bug replication I can confirm it looks to be the same.
However, I didn't notice in v1.6.6... probably because I didn't come across it during the limited time of its usage.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #4
Thank you for confirming the problem.

Reply #5
Hi there!
Perhaps this has already been mentioned above.
How to reproduce:
1. Add these three files to the playlist
2. Start playing the first file
3. Wait for the second file to play
4. Wait for the third file to play
5. Panel "Album Art Viewer" will not change the display of the cover. The cover of the first file will still be displayed.
Is this the expected behavior?
Besides, on the "Artwork" tab in the file properties and on the "Album Art Viewer" panel, the images do not match for the same file during playback (see attached picture).

fb2k v1.6.7 beta 16
(Preferences: Display>Prefer current selection)

Reply #6
Hi @Sergey77 , yes, it is exactly the same problem I and APMichael described.
Thanks for confirming we are not alone having this issue.
Regards, Andrea

Reply #7
You could replace the stock album artwork panel with JScript Panel and the included artwork sample. Note that it does not currently support display art from library viewer selections - it only tracks the playlist. It can prefer now playing or always track selection. All options are on the right click menu.

If anyone is wondering why I'm suggesting this instead of Spider Monkey Panel - it's because JSP supports WebP and displaying artwork from radio streams. SMP does not.

Bonus features:
it displays tooltips with the size/path of the image
it can crop non square images to fill the panel without stretching
you can spawn a google image search using the album artist/album tags as search params from the right click menu if you decide your image isn't very good quality and you want to find something better
customisable double click action (open containing folder, spawn external viewer, display image using new fb2k artwork popup)

edit: this script be loaded from the configuration window>Samples menu>complete>album art

Reply #8
Unfortunately, the issue was not fixed in the new final version 1.6.7. :(

Reply #9
@AndreaT, @APMichael,
Have you also noticed some changes when viewing covers for version 1.6.8 b4? There is no mention of this in the changelog though.
Although for the above mp3 files, the cover is not changed during playback.

Reply #10
@Sergey77 : Hi, ... I am sorry I do not remember anymore with whom albums I had that problem, so I don't know how to replicate the problem actually. As I will come across the problem again, I will notify you.
Regards, Andrea