Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_mpv - Video Player component based on mpv (Read 36587 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_mpv - Video Player component based on mpv

Reply #50
Thanks, yes I don't think it will work unfortunately. Foobar just reports the time since playback started, so there's no way this component could sync the video and audio as mpv might not start playback at the same time.

Reply #51
Is it possible to make smoothmotion i.e.
Code: [Select]
interpolation
tscale=oversample
work with this component?

Reply #52
Is it possible to make smoothmotion i.e.
Code: [Select]
interpolation
tscale=oversample
work with this component?

No, because mpv has to be in 'audio' video-sync mode. If you look at the descriptions for every other video-sync mode, they basically work by resampling the audio continuously to allow it to speed up and slow down slightly. In the case of this component foobar is handling the audio playback so we have no control of audio playback speed, we just have to sync the video to the audio clock. So the video frame timing will never be as smooth as a real video player.

edit: I guess you could try enabling it and see if it works at all, though. I'm not sure exacly what would happen. I'm guessing mpv would try to lock to the display and start adjusting its audio clock to stay in sync. The component will see it's drifting away from foobar's clock and tell it to speed up/slow down. Once the speed is far enough away from normal, it will decide it's too far off to sync with the display and you'll get frame repeats/drops, defeating the purpose.

Reply #53
Hi, after the installation, i noticed that foobar2000 seems to lock the audio files, so sometimes i can't delete or make modifications.
i solved uninstalling this component.
Is it a bug indeed in the component?
thanks

Reply #54
Hi, after the installation, i noticed that foobar2000 seems to lock the audio files, so sometimes i can't delete or make modifications.
i solved uninstalling this component.
Is it a bug indeed in the component?
thanks

Thank you for reporting, yes it is a bug. Could you try the fix I just uploaded please.

Reply #55
New release. This version lets you use the video panel/window as an album art view when there is no active video, so that it can replace the album art viewer in a layout and not take up space with a blank panel when you're just playing music.

Also various bug fixes in the thumbnailer and player.

Download

Reply #56
I see foobar2000 UI completely freeze when closing video window

Reply #57
I see foobar2000 UI completely freeze when closing video window

Ugh I'm sorry I missed that. Please try the updated fixed version

Reply #58
yes, that fixed it. thanks :)

Reply #59
New release

The player now has an on-screen control like mpv. It's basically the same as mpv's but simplified a bit to make it work with the component. You can enable/disable it globally or per-UI element.

This pretty much completes the features I wanted to implement in this component!

Reply #60
I see the timer on OSC start from 08;00:00. could you check it?

Reply #61
it seems because of os.date function in lua script

Reply #62
Hmm I can't reproduce it. You mean the time on the left that shows the current play time? I can see that the time when you hover over the seekbar is incorrect on files with chapters but can't reproduce the playback time being wrong. It is the same for every video file, starting at 8 hours?

Reply #63
I think you also could reproduce by changing your time zone then restart foobar2000. I tried temporarily change my time zone and yes, it changed accordingly to my system time zone setting

Reply #64
I think you also could reproduce by changing your time zone then restart foobar2000.

Oh you're right! I need to learn lua a bit better...

Reply #65
Please try the update. Thanks for reporting and finding the problem

Reply #66
Any timeline for CUI panel?

Reply #68
It looks good now. thanks.

Reply #69
Hi.  You've really done a great job with this component.  The OSC is great.  I was wondering how much trouble it would be to add a volume control.  It would really be useful when in full screen mode.  Just a thought.

Reply #70
Hi.  You've really done a great job with this component.  The OSC is great.  I was wondering how much trouble it would be to add a volume control.  It would really be useful when in full screen mode.  Just a thought.

Yes I think so, the original OSC has a volume control you can adjust with the mouse wheel. I could add that back.

Reply #71
Thank you for your quick reply.  That would be great if it wasn't too much trouble.  I do have a couple of other suggestions concerning playing multiple files from a playlist based on what MPV does, but they are JUST suggestions.  I am NOT asking you to implement them unless you think they would be worth the effort.  The first one would be to grey out the appropriate skip forward/backward button when reaching the end/beginning instead of closing the player when you go past the end or beginning.  The other one would be to briefly display the playlist, indicating which title is playing, when skipping forward or backward.  This one is probably way too much effort, but I'm just tossing it out there.  Either way, I'm just grateful you are willing to share this great component and am perfectly happy with it the way it is.  I now use it instead of the youtube video player since I only play local files.

As a side note, are you aware of the mpv.net player?  It uses the MPV engine, but has a ton of additional features and options.  I use it now instead of VLC when playing videos outside of FB2K.  Thank you again for all your effort.

Reply #72
The first one would be to grey out the appropriate skip forward/backward button when reaching the end/beginning instead of closing the player when you go past the end or beginning.

I think the current behaviour just mimics foobar - the next/prev button are always enabled in foobar and pressing next at the end of a playlist will end playback. Also consider that even at the end of the playlist it might be possible to go 'next' because in the simple case playback order might be on Random, but also any component could be adding behaviour to change what plays next, such as filling the playlist with more random tracks when it's finished or such. As we can't know what will happen when pressing next I think it makes sense to just mimic foobar and let it handle it.

The other one would be to briefly display the playlist, indicating which title is playing, when skipping forward or backward.

This one probably isn't that hard, we could just show the next and previous few tracks when changing track manually.

I am aware of mpv.net but haven't used it much. Are there any features in particular you think would be worth copying?

Reply #73
I would like to see support for playing not only local files but also Internet videos.
YouTube Music

Reply #74
I hadn't thought of the complexities that FB2K adds to the mix, but that makes sense.  Your MPV is great just the way it is, although the volume adjustment would be handy if it didn't take much effort.  I think others might find it useful too.  As for mpv.net, it's additional features are more applicable to a stand alone player.  It has dozens of options and settings, rivaling that of VLC.  If you ever get bored, check it out sometime.  Thanks again.