Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 130075 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #375
I'll add it for the next version.

Reply #376
Hi,

Maybe I am missing something and I know it could sound strange but it would be cool to have an option to NOT activate the destination playlist on selection change.

Another cool feature would be to allow filters based on user input ; something like %genre% HAS %typed_in_searchbox%.

Reply #377
1. Try: options > behaviour tab > Action: single click > set to 'Select'

2. Since search box already supports full query syntax, you can use, e.g.
Code: [Select]
%genre% HAS rock
rock can be changed to a new genre to alter the search parameter. Commonly used searches can be saved as a filters.

Reply #378
1. Try: options > behaviour tab > Action: single click > set to 'Select'

Hum... No, that's not what I'd like.
I wish the selected items being send to the destination playlist without that playlist being activated.

2. Since search box already supports full query syntax, you can use, e.g.
%genre% HAS rock
rock can be changed to a new genre to alter the search parameter. Commonly used searches can be saved as a filters.

Again, that won't make it.
I'd like the possibility to append the user input to filter criteria.

Reply #379
Hi,

Maybe I am missing something and I know it could sound strange but it would be cool to have an option to NOT activate the destination playlist on selection change.

Another cool feature would be to allow filters based on user input ; something like %genre% HAS %typed_in_searchbox%.

That's a dynamic query which you can find implemented here Playlist-Tools-SMP.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you are interested on getting all tracks according to a query evaluated with the selection that should do (output on a playlist), if you want to use it to filter the library view then the script would need its own implementation (or copy mine for filtering).

Reply #380
if you want to use it to filter the library view then the script would need its own implementation (or copy mine for filtering).
That's what I want.
I guess I'll have to dig into WilB scripts to append the user input to the query filter...

Reply #381
if you want to use it to filter the library view then the script would need its own implementation (or copy mine for filtering).
That's what I want.
I guess I'll have to dig into WilB scripts to append the user input to the query filter...

All you need is at helpers/helpers_xxx_tags.js.
Look for 'queryReplaceWithCurrent'.
I would recommend you to check the query validity after creating it and before using it for filtering (avoids crashes), an example is given at main/dynamic_query.js
Look for 'checkQuery' (at same helpers file)

I think those 2 functions are all you need (and they have no further dependencies), you can just copy/paste to your own helper or file.

Reply #382
1. It wasn't clear exactly what you meant. Simplest solution is drag & drop onto the required playlist in a playlist manager (may work best if set single click to 'Select'). I tested with default playlist manager & simplaylist manager. If that's not good enough, then currently library tree only sends to active playlist. If that was changed so it could send to any playlist, then there needs to be a way of choosing that playlist. If you can suggest a way that isn't cumbersome to implement I'd consider it, but my initial feeling is that it may not be very user friendly??

2. Again it wasn't clear exactly what you meant, so I started with the simple method...

In fact I suppose what you want is something like a:
 filter: genre HAS $searchtext

$searchtext would identify the filter as a special filter, and filters created in usual way, e.g.
genre HAS $searchtext
artist HAS $searchtext
title HAS $searchtext

So for, genre HAS $searchtext, then when type, e.g.  rock, in search bar it runs query: genre HAS rock

I've already implemented it for the next version & it works very well. Great idea!

Reply #383
1. It wasn't clear exactly what you meant. Simplest solution is drag & drop onto the required playlist in a playlist manager (may work best if set single click to 'Select'). I tested with default playlist manager & simplaylist manager. If that's not good enough, then currently library tree only sends to active playlist. If that was changed so it could send to any playlist, then there needs to be a way of choosing that playlist. If you can suggest a way that isn't cumbersome to implement I'd consider it, but my initial feeling is that it may not be very user friendly??

Currently, I use this in the first panel (see photo)
It does exactly what I want. The results are send to the "Library Tree Panel Selection" playlist and the second panel can "read" this as its input and send its own results to another playlist.
What I'd like - it's not a big deal, in fact - is the first panel NOT activating the "Library Tree Panel Selection" playlist on selection change and doing its job "silently", "in the background", so to speak.

2. Again it wasn't clear exactly what you meant, so I started with the simple method...

In fact I suppose what you want is something like a:
 filter: genre HAS $searchtext

$searchtext would identify the filter as a special filter, and filters created in usual way, e.g.
genre HAS $searchtext
artist HAS $searchtext
title HAS $searchtext

So for, genre HAS $searchtext, then when type, e.g.  rock, in search bar it runs query: genre HAS rock

I've already implemented it for the next version & it works very well. Great idea!

Yes, it's exactly that !
Thank you very much.
(The idea comes from EsPlaylist)

On a side note, the searchbox could react to double-clic by selecting its content, like it does in a regular edit box.

Reply #386
I have as it is in the guide

Reply #388
@Tropoje

1. The error is caused by DefinePanel. However, DefinePanel is not used at all ‌in library tree v2.2.0-Beta.1; so that's coming from somewhere else.

2. Panel properties are still showing the old properties in v2.1.3 style.

3. So for reasons unknown it looks as though it still has the old version of library tree in there.

I suggest reinstalling as follows, to exclude a bunch of possible reasons.

A. Before proceeding, ENSURE YOU HAVE A BACK-UP COPY OF PANEL PROPERTIES for all library tree instances, if you haven't already, & wish to retain settings. Ideally this should be from the v2.1.3 install, but if you haven't that, try exporting them from what you have as it appears they haven't been updated.

B. Remove  library tree from all panels, e.g. Use windows key + shift + right click > configure panel. On script tab set panel to In-memory.

B. Ensure v1.5.0  of spider monkey panel or v1.5.1 (has a shutdown bug at least on standard installs) is being used as these have fixed a bunch of teething problems with the package manager.

C. Manually delete the current package for library tree (i.e. {E85C9EF0-778B-46DD-AF20-F4BE831360DD} folder) in windows explorer. You might need to shut foobar2000.

D. CLOSE all windows explorer instances.

E. Open foobar2000. Use windows key + shift + right click on the panel > configure panel. On the script tab choose package & import the library tree package. If all goes OK you can then import the old panel properties using the properties tab.

@Smurth
I can add a check box that sets whether the default playlist is activated.

Reply #389
@WilB

Thank you so much for your help my friend. Now everything works as it should  ;D  I love Library Tree, I can't imagine foo without your script.

Thank you for your work and I wish you much health during this time.

Reply #391
@WilB
Could you add the ability to reorder the Filters and Views in panel? Until now I had to move everything manually, now there is a panel so maybe it would be possible to implement such a possibility. Something like a drag and drop option.

Reply #392
There are up & down buttons at the bottom which are active when click on a view or filter.

Reply #393
There are up & down buttons at the bottom which are active when click on a view or filter.
Oh my gosh, I overlooked that. Great, such an option was missing me in the previous version Library Tree
Thank you

Reply #394
New Version: Library Tree v2.2.0

Changelog

Changed
- playlist handling now supports new spider monkey panel GetPlaylistLockedActions
- improved search text handling:
    - added search history (click search icon). Search item is added to history after a short delay (3 seconds) to minimise incomplete entries and typos
    - added support for font kerning
    - added support for double click (select all)
- library-tree-cache of album art: now uses new spider monkey panel package_data location

Added
- album art: new options
    - compact style with blend & dark labels
    - root collage of displayed images (allmusic)

- playlist: activate when changed option

- More flexible filters that operate in conjunction with search where $searchtext can be used to return search text, e.g.

1)
Name: genre HAS
Filter: genre HAS $searchtext
Search text: rock
Yields: genre HAS rock

2)
Name: rating GREATER
Filter: %rating% GREATER $searchtext
Search text: 4
Yields: %rating% GREATER 4

Fixed
- rare image error
- Ctrl+A (select all) now sends to playlist if that keystroke action is enabled (options > beahviour tab)
- follow selection issue in album art mode if panel initially hidden
- tree lines sometimes not drawing
- some issues when active playlist is the source

Removed
- panel properties & configure from internal menu
    - use right click of library tree while pressing the windows key + shift instead
    - works better as also gives access to all package features

Reply #395
@WilB: this is great work!!
Sorting with $nodisplay seems to have an issue with items starting with numbers.
So on my side when using
$nodisplay{$sub(99999,%date%)}%album%
albums with leading number in the album name (e.g. '18 Singles' by U2) are not in the order given by date, but at the end of the list.

Reply #396
Thanks for the feedback.

If you're inclined, in library.js you can try replacing line 883 with:

if (panel.noDisplay) name = name.replace(/#@#/g, '');

The fix should be in the next version.

Reply #397
@WilB: Thank you very much for the quick fix!

Reply #398
Thank you very much for the great programmer work.I currently only use the album cover view. Is it possible to change the labels under the covers?  and if so where?  Thanks in advance

Reply #399
You didn't say how you wanted to change the album art cover labels. So here are the various ways.

Label position & style
Options\album art tab
Choose from bottom, right etc.

Text colour
Uses user interface settings by default. Individual lines can be coloured differently by applying the $colour syntax to the view pattern (for full $colour syntax see extended syntax help on options\views tab), e.g. add the following view on the options\views tab

$colour{0-255-0}%album artist%|$colour{255-128-64}%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%
gives album artist line in orange & album line in green, as an example

Display names
These are determined by the view pattern (settings drop down menu > views). New views can be added on the options\views tab.

The number of lines displayed is automatically determined by default. That can be overridden on settings drop down menu > album art > change "group auto" to that required.

Font style
Options\custom tab

Font name & size
Uses that of main text which is the user interface setting by default.
Can be changed in options\custom tab. Font size can also be changed by pressing ctrl + alt and rotating the mouse wheel.