Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491495 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1350
hey.
does "Properties overriding" work ?
i tried to change upload_date for some tracks like this:
Code: [Select]
File>Youtube source>Add multiple Urls...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oozJH6jSr2U&fb2kx_upload_date=2020-12-20
"processing..." windows appeares, but after complete "Upload Date" field shows date from youtube, not mine

Reply #1351
When playing youtube tracks from a foobar playlist, foobar crashes - only sometimes - at track change, e.g. after 2 hours or 10 minutes etc. Seems to me random and non-reproducible, therefore really hard to test. I first thought it is caused bei either upnp-streaming (foo_out_upnp), skipping parts of the track (foo_skip), cross-fading or playing via Georgia layout, however still randomly crashes when non of these are activated. No change as well when 'prefer youtube-dl over internal analyzer' is switched on or off.
See enclosed one of the crash reports. All crash reports show
Call path:
input_entry::g_open_for_decoding
Crash location:
Module: foo_youtube
Anyone having an idea on how to improve stability?

Reply #1352
MojoBass,update the component to version 3.7
YouTube Music

Reply #1353
and make these settings:
YouTube Music

Reply #1354
@SergPuh.68: Ups, missed upgrade from 3.7b1 to 3.7 - thanks! Will do testing with 3.7
Other settings are already as shown.

Reply #1355
Crashed again with 3.7, no crash report available (sometimes FB seems to crash so fast that even no crash report is written).
Post new crash report when available from one of the future crashes to come up - however no change to previous ones expected ...

Reply #1356
Maybe try reverting back to foo_youtube 3.6.1: I have not had any crashes since reverting back.
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #1357
As a result of experiments, I brought out such settings for myself,and it works optimally.
Youtube Source 3.7
LAV Filters (external):Splitter 0.74.1, Video 0.74.1
youtube-dl (external):2020.12.22   
libcurl (internal):libcurl/7.68.0 Schannel zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 nghttp2/1.40.0

YouTube Music

Reply #1358
Agreed from my side: foo_youtube 3.7 with youtube-dl v2020.12.22 seems to be very stable, no crashes on my side so far.
Seems to be important to keep youtube-dl on latest status (many, often daily updates...)

Reply #1359
Thanks again very much for this great component. Playing yt tracks is really stable with latest components!
 Where I still get regular and random crashes is when applying Replay Gain to yt tracks (Scan per-file track gain), which is great to eliminate varying volume levels of yt tracks. See crash report attached. When I select 100+ yt tracks for applying RG, it is almost certain that FB crashes. When selecting approx 10 tracks, chances are maybe 70% to be successful. Any thoughts?

Reply #1360
Thanks for this very good and useful plugin for my favorite player - Foobar allowed me to use old MB with Atom CPU and fan less design for quiet audio playback and can even handle playing from youtube directly, which browser can hardly manage on week PC like this.
After latest problems I found the update and adding of API key helped solve all the limitations and access denied errors.

However I am still having issues adding and playing from soundcloud. Is it possible in 3.7 ? download via youtube-dl manually works, but no import to foobar is possible.
I have tried fy+URL in foobar add location, and have tried also YouTube source add URL
I have tried both managed and external settings for youtube-dl
Any tips anyone?
a part of console output
foo_youtube: [warning] [audio] opening, decoder foobar2000: Network authentication error (80090302)
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: foo_youtube: Invalid data found when processing input | foobar2000: Network authentication error (80090302)):
"soundcloud.com/xxxxxxx/xxxxx"

Reply #1361
Any tips anyone?
Just tried soundcloud:
- Chose a random soundcloud track (link)
- in Foobar: File -> Youtube Source -> Add multipe URLs... - window opens, pasted above link into window
Then a new playlist is created in foobar which contains just this track, which plays nicely with double-click

Reply #1362
Just tried soundcloud:
- Chose a random soundcloud track (link)
- in Foobar: File -> Youtube Source -> Add multipe URLs... - window opens, pasted above link into window
Then a new playlist is created in foobar which contains just this track, which plays nicely with double-click
Hello MojoBass,

Thank you for the answer.

Not for me - even with your link I get nothing in playlist and error in console:
foo_youtube: [error] tp.l > could not process 'https://soundcloud.com/lil_peep/the-way-i-see-things-prod-kryptik?in_system_playlist=personalized-tracks%3A%3Auser-906471805%3A220722918': Network authentication error (80090302)

I have tried several links - both to tracks and playlists and all fail :( even the links I have added before to the "live" playlist with links to YT and SC fail, while YT plays OK 100%

Reply #1363
Make sure that you have installed the latest versions of foobar (1.6.2), foo_youtube (3.7) and youtube-dl (v2020.12.26).
And I would tick 'Prefer youtube-dl over internal analyzer' as shown in the screenshots of SergPuh.68.
I guess the correct youtube-dl installation within foo_youtube is the key to solve the issue.

Reply #1364
Hello!
I have noticed that "Load channel or playlist" doesn't work for me. I have my Youtube API v3 key included. It used to work in July/September. I have just noticed it doesn't work anymore. I have already tried regenerating my Youtube API key, but it doesn't change anything. I could switch to "Prefer youtube-dl over internal analyzer" (it works) and remove YT API key but the key provides no search limit.

foobar2000 1.6.2
foo_youtube 3.7
youtube-dl 2020.12.31

Reply #1365
@mikehawk1999: in a similar problem, I was helped by deleting and creating a new project and getting a new credential key.The old key will not work,you need to create a new project.

edit: changed referenced username
YouTube Music

Reply #1366
Hello guys, just one question maybe related to network access or OS...

Same error I get for loading SC, I get when trying update from foobar help menu. Maybe some overall network issue?

Reply #1367
hi. does foo_youtube can play only 128kbps files from soundcloud.com?
for example, https://soundcloud.com/khromata/khromata-apson-psydub with best playback quality in settings.
console output:

foo_youtube: [audio] opening mp3 192mb 314kbps, mp3 314kbps
foo_youtube: [warning] [audio] opening, decoder foobar2000: Unsupported file format
foo_youtube: [error] Invalid data found when processing input
foo_youtube: [warning] [audio] opening, decoder foo_youtube: Invalid data found when processing input
foo_youtube: [error] Invalid data found when processing input
foo_youtube: [warning] [audio] opening, decoder ffmpeg: Invalid data found when processing input
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: foobar2000: Unsupported file format | foo_youtube: Invalid data found when processing input | ffmpeg: Invalid data found when processing input):
"soundcloud.com/khromata/khromata-apson-psydub"
with 128kbps playback quality in settings it begin playing.

i downloaded this file to pc first with youtube-dl and then open in foobar, it playing with no error in console.
status bar shows: mp3 | 320 kbps | 44100 Hz | stereo

Reply #1369
https://soundcloud.com/khromata/khromata-apson-psydub
is played with 320kbps in my foobar. Got the latest updates of foo_youtube and youtube-dl?
yes, both latest. maybe you have other custom components installed, cause i tried new install on virtual machine: fresh windows 10 and foobar - same result. can you make screenshot of your components tab in settings? thx

Reply #1370
well. i figured for some reason soundcloud often gives me "Forbidden" message, when i try to download 320kbps quality file in browser or open it in foobar2000 using link extracted by youtube-dl. 128kbps don't have this problem. dont know what cause it.

Reply #1371
I just installed youtube-dl 2021.01.08, the latest as of this post, and downloaded the SoundCloud URL posted above.

$ file Khromata\ -\ Apson\ Psydub\ \(Psydub\ Mix\ DJ\ Set\)-94742888.mp3
Khromata - Apson Psydub (Psydub Mix DJ Set)-94742888.mp3: Audio file with ID3 version 2.2.0, contains:MPEG ADTS, layer III, v1, 320 kbps, 44.1 kHz, Stereo

Reply #1372
I just installed youtube-dl 2021.01.08, the latest as of this post, and downloaded the SoundCloud URL posted above.

$ file Khromata\ -\ Apson\ Psydub\ \(Psydub\ Mix\ DJ\ Set\)-94742888.mp3
Khromata - Apson Psydub (Psydub Mix DJ Set)-94742888.mp3: Audio file with ID3 version 2.2.0, contains:MPEG ADTS, layer III, v1, 320 kbps, 44.1 kHz, Stereo
yeah, youtube-dl download it without problem, but if open link in foobar using FIle->Youtube Source ->Add multiple URLs... error message posted above appears. it plays only if change Youtube source playback quality from best to 128kbps. atleast this is what i get.

Reply #1373
Maybe foo_youtube and/or youtube-dl don't want you streaming the download version.

Reply #1374
You might need to modify the rules for "Best" or at least create one that would work for soundcould download version.