Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with ripping Enhanced Audio CDs (Read 1690 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with ripping Enhanced Audio CDs

I'm not able to rip enhanced audio cds with foobar, eac, cueripper, etc..

The drive I use is an ASUS ZenDrive U9M (SDRW-08U9M-U).

I think it's not a problem of the drive, or foobar, but some windows 10 related issue, because cueripper for example says "timeout logical unit", so it seems another app is trying to access the drive.

I disabled the autoplay function of windows 10, but still the same problem.

And I cannot find anything on the web about this, maybe you guys can help me fix this issue. Thanks!

Re: Problems with ripping Enhanced Audio CDs

Reply #1
I was able to rip these enhanced cds with db poweramp, but the results are terrible. you can barely recognize the track, it's very distorted, and therefore the rips are inaccurate for sure. any ideas?

Reply #2
In dBpoweramp, have you tried using the 'Defective by design' option?

Reply #3
In dBpoweramp, have you tried using the 'Defective by design' option?

I just tried it right now, but I got the same result - very distorted sound. My other ASUS BD drive works just fine, but it would be great if I could use this drive.

Reply #4
Ok, I just searched the web a bit, updated the firmware - same result. The I've found out that Warner CDs might be somehow copyright protected, and that seems to be the reason. But I'm pretty sure I did rip the CD successfully with my other drive a few months ago. That's annoying...

Reply #5
If you haven't done so already, I suggest you try the dBpoweramp CD Ripper forum.