Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 takes too much PC resources (Read 2720 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 takes too much PC resources

When i start foobar it consumes lots of PC sources (paměť=RAM)

After some time it takes about 70 MB

So what is the problem i have lots of component (mostly decoders) and DarkOne skin, but i never had this problem before.

Sorry for my english and thanks for replies.

Reply #1
remove each 3rd party component one by one until you find the culprit.

Reply #2
The problem lasted even if i reinstalled foobar i guess there's problem on my side...

Reply #3
well unless you un-installed and chose to remove your profile/old components, re-installing isn't going to help.

maybe running the "online troubleshooter" from the "help" menu will point towards some dodgy components? other than that, it's just trial and error.

Reply #4
I did... no effect

And I found out that after minimizing in tray it stays at 70-80 MB...

Reply #5
So what is the problem i have lots of component (mostly decoders) and DarkOne skin, but i never had this problem before.

Here's a great idea, don't use very graphical, flamboyant "skins" and then complain about system resources.
Your inability to see the logical inconsistency isn't our support problem.

elevatorladylevitateme