Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC - mystery 'LAME dll' tab (Read 3107 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC - mystery 'LAME dll' tab

(EAC .95b4, LAME 3.97)
somehow i picked-up a LAME tab in 'compression options'.  i have no idea were it came from and can't replicate the tab;  i have 3 EACs, home & work w/o tab, and thumb w/ tab.
anyone know where it fit in the grand scheme of things, i.e., will is overwrite the settings in the 'external compression' or vice-versa?

Reply #1
EAC has found lame_enc.dll in a folder in your PATH, or in the EAC directory.

It will not override your external compression settings.  It's used in conjunction with the dropdown on the Waveform tab.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
In simple terms; it's basically an extra method for creating LAME encoded mp3's using EAC without having to open LAME's external command line encoder.
JXL

Reply #4
If the dll and the command line encoder are the same version of LAME? No.

Reply #5
If the dll and the command line encoder are the same version of LAME? No.
I don't think it's that simple.

The question you should be asking is whether EAC allows you to use the same options with the library that you would use with the executable.