Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iTunes will not add some songs (Read 26679 times) previous topic - next topic

iTunes will not add some songs

I dont know if this is the best forum to ask on.. But i figured audiophiles should use iTunes at least a little. So here goes.

PROBLEM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iTunes will not add some songs.

THINGS I'VE TRIED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foobar'ing:
Rebuilding MP3 streams
Fixing VBR headers

Screenshot of the problem:

DIRECT URL: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/clu...swako/issue.png
Can you help me?
Thanks

Reply #1
What type of files are these?  Are they all MP3?  Are they stored on the same device as the other files or in another location?  What happens if you drag the files from Windows Explorer into the iTunes windows?  Need a little bit more info in order to diagnose the problem.

Reply #2
It appears that you are trying to add to the Playlist. Switch to Music Library, drag the track(s) to that window, and see if the track(s) will add to the main list.

Reply #3
What type of files are these?  Are they all MP3?  Are they stored on the same device as the other files or in another location?  What happens if you drag the files from Windows Explorer into the iTunes windows?  Need a little bit more info in order to diagnose the problem.

The playlist you see was blank. I drug all the files from the Techno folder into the playlist. Half of them actually made it to the playlist. I have simmilar problems if i do  File -> add folder to library.

iTunes is installed on windows drive [C]
The music is stored on my storage drive . My storage drive is an internal SATA 800gb
Windows vista ultimate 64x, SP1
Latest version of itunes.

All the files are .mp3

Its also worth noting that i dont have this issue with my rock music.
Maby apple dosnt like techno?
XD

It appears that you are trying to add to the Playlist. Switch to Music Library, drag the track(s) to that window, and see if the track(s) will add to the main list.

I have the same problem when adding to the main library.

Edit: If anyone has MSN i would be happy if someone did remote assitance

Reply #4
Heres an idea: have you tried opening up any of the troublesome mp3s in QuickTime? I wonder if QT will recognize them?

Reply #5
They play, yes.

Reply #6
This might seem silly, but are you dragging the songs from your folders into the playlist itself? If you are, then only the ones that are already in your iTunes library are going to get added.

Try adding the songs into the section that says Music. Then do a search for Techno, find the songs you want to add to the playlist and drag them over. Even better, if you are breaking up the playlists by genre, make a smart playlist that will automatically update when new songs are added into the main Music section.

Reply #7
I dragged the techno to the Music section, and created a smart playlist.
Same issue
Dx i hate itunes.. is there something else i can use to synch my ipod?
Apple blows . .

Reply #8
Foobar2000 has ipod management capability when used with the foo_dop component.  I think Winamp does too.

Reply #10
Jey , i am allowed to post 

i would say the (id3)tags are damaged.
once i got the same Problem. i used mp3tag and deleted all tags.
Then something strange happened. The files had completly new and correct tags. And i tunes accept them without any bitching

Reply #11
Dx. new problem.
Winamp recognizes all 2000+ songs when i put them in winamp.. But some of them dont play.
o.o

Reply #12
Maybe take a look at the files that don't play and try to find some commonality amongst them.  Perhaps they have bad tags or corrupt data?  Were all of the bad files from the same source?