Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DivX 5.11 released (Read 8252 times) previous topic - next topic

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #1
DivX 5.1.1 encoder is up to 112% faster (standard mode) than 5.1 (up to 30% faster than 5.05).

30% sounds like alot but if I'm not mistaken 30% means that if 5.05 was encoding 1 fps 5.11 will produce 1.3 fps  .

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #2
DivX 5.1.1 encoder is up to 112% faster (standard mode) than 5.1 (up to 30% faster than 5.05).

30% sounds like alot but if I'm not mistaken 30% means that if 5.05 was encoding 1 fps 5.11 will produce 1.3 fps  .

yes 
*education mode on* but keep in mind that with 5.05 slow mode you get more something like up from 10 fps, so the speed improvements are more visible; and that 5.1 standard is equal to 5.05 slow(est) *education mode off* 

happy encoding everyone!
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #3
Are these speed improvements due to usage of cpu instructions in newer processors and therefore non-existent on older computers?

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #4
Are these speed improvements due to usage of cpu instructions in newer processors and therefore non-existent on older computers?

IIRC the speed improvements happen on all systems, so with a pII 400mhz you should get similar 'boosts' than with a p4 2.0ghz.
anyway, why don't you try it on your machine and post fps (and mybe time of encoding) together with your settings here?

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #5
I got pen4 3.0c 800 fsb

1gb ram

and im using vidomi to backup dvd @ slowest mode...6 frame/s

normal mode : real time: 40 f/s

so the normal mode is the slowest mode in divx 505?
My Favorite Lame Preset

--alt-preset fast insane

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #6
Which version is which? Meaning I understand that one of the versions has spyware in it if what I am told is true.

TIA.

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #7
DivX 5.1.1 only is completely free.
DivX 5.1.1 PRO has spyware (the downloadable version)

There's also DivX 5.1.1 pro, with no spyware, if you want to pay for it.

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #8
It's hardly spyware as it installs nothing without your consent.

In case anyone doesn't know the totally free non-pro version will decode all pro encoded content.

The standard mode in 5.1.1 is roughly equivalent to the slowest mode in 5.0.5.
Watch out where the huskies go,
Don't you eat that yellow snow

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #9
... to avoid any confusion on the use of divx and spyware ...
                                      read this:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=19583
One lousy registry keys is all there is to it

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #10
Hi Digga,

PCMark04

P4 3.00
1GB DDR400

DivX 5.1.1 Pro Compression
59.3 ~ 60.0 fps

I too believe it is faster although some don't seem to like the latest build and like the 5.05 better.

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #11
Hi Digga,
PCMark04
P4 3.00
1GB DDR400
DivX 5.1.1 Pro
59.3 ~ 60.0 fps

hi 
1. pc-mark - uhm, so what? what is this info for?
2. whoa, 60 fps is not bad at all! never experienced something like that, but I run a XP 1800 on my encoding machine. are you sure about that values, especially with divx 5.1.1?!
though fps are quite useless, if you don't post the settings you used...

edit: ah, sorry, just checked. in contrast to pcmark02, v04 now features divx benchmarking. though I doubt this is a usefull reference without knowing the settings.

DivX 5.11 released

Reply #12
It's good that they're somewhat ironed out the DVD-quality range bug - on my PIII-733, anything I encoded at 640×480 would have the audio and video completely out of sync. I thought this was just because the programming in DivX for playback was just pisspoor, but the sync problem was still present when I played these videos on my Celeron 2.6 GHz.

Material encoded with 5.11 and played back on the Celeron only has minimal sync issues, which are present when there is significant CPU load anyway. Nothing can be done about that.