Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Coding with vorbis under Visual Studio (Read 5359 times) previous topic - next topic

Coding with vorbis under Visual Studio

Hello,

I'm a student trying to write an app to produce a spectrogram from vorbis files. In effect, I'm trying to intercept the MDCT coefficients from the stream before they are transformed into PCM and output the result as an image much like how spectrograms are produced with the short-time FT. My end goal is then to feed the image (which might go undergo editing) back into the encoder/decoder and return with a vorbis/PCM file.

I'm having trouble starting off. I have created a new project (vorbisfile) and added vorbisfile_example.c. I compiled the dynamic libraries for libvorbis.dll and libvorbisfile.dll. I set the paths for additional libraries and include paths to where the these libraries and include headers are located.

However, when I try to compile I receive (VB2005)

Error   1   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ov_clear referenced in function _main   vorbisfile.obj   
Error   2   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ov_read referenced in function _main   vorbisfile.obj   
Error   3   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ov_pcm_total referenced in function _main   vorbisfile.obj   
Error   4   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ov_info referenced in function _main   vorbisfile.obj   
Error   5   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ov_comment referenced in function _main   vorbisfile.obj   
Error   6   error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ov_open_callbacks referenced in function _main   vorbisfile.obj   
Error   7   fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals   C:\Projects\vorbis\libvorbis-1.3.1\win32\VS2005\vorbisfile\Release\Debug\vorbisfile.exe   

I was wondering if someone could suggest me a solution. I am able to compile the projects included with the source code fine, but not when I create my own project.

Coding with vorbis under Visual Studio

Reply #1
did you add vorbisfile.c to the project?