Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar converter under Wine - problem with wavpack (Read 2449 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar converter under Wine - problem with wavpack

I tried so far: lame, vorbis, musepack, flac, nero and now wavpack
All this encoders work perfectly on Linux, also in foobar under Wine, except wavpack

I was converting flac track located on Windows partition which is in foobar's library. Here is output:

Code: [Select]
1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "C:\Music\Link to Library\David Shea\Free Chocolate Love\01 - xx7's Theme.flac"
  An error occurred while writing to file (I/O error (win32 #233)) : "Z:\opt\pest\01. xx7's Theme.wv"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "Z:\opt\foobar2000\wavpack.exe" -m -i -q - "01. xx7's Theme.wv"
  Working folder: Z:\opt\pest\

Conversion failed: I/O error (win32 #233)

If I go to foobar's folder and launch Wine cmd:

$ wine cmd

and then:

> flac.exe -dcs "C:\Music\Link to Library\David Shea\Free Chocolate Love\01 - xx7's Theme.flac" | wavpack.exe -m -i -q - "01. xx7's Theme.wv"

file is converted as expected.

All exe encoders are in foobar's folder obviously

Reply #1
I don't see how this has to do anything with above problem, but if on Linux version of wavpack "-o" isn't passed before the output file, then file is dumped on stdout regardless if filename is provided
Just that I notice foobar doesn't include "-o", not that wavpack.exe in Wine console had any problems without it

Reply #2
//
// MessageId: ERROR_PIPE_NOT_CONNECTED
//
// MessageText:
//
// No process is on the other end of the pipe.
//
#define ERROR_PIPE_NOT_CONNECTED         233L

Report to the Wine developers?

Reply #3
OK, thanks for clearance about the meaning of error

I could report, but not yet, as I don't know what's the difference between all other encoders and wavpack encoder, regarding foobar operation
IMHO, report that wavpack encoder doesn't work in foobar under Wine, will not attract attention to justify my bug report.
What is base problem here, if it's not too much to ask?
Is this clearly Wine bug?

Also can someone running Wine > 1.3.24, check if this problem is present there?