Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Local Video Player (foo_video) (Read 50613 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Local Video Player (foo_video)

Reply #75
Just reinstalled the component and started playing (around) with it.

If - while playing video - I choose another video to play, then it does not show it.
If I play an audio-only file in the meantime, it does.

Reply #76
Just reinstalled the component and started playing (around) with it.

If - while playing video - I choose another video to play, then it does not show it.
If I play an audio-only file in the meantime, it does.

I got it working but I don't know how.
Using http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_exe
and https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,98998.0.html
and maybe this helped https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_avs 

Reply #77
This Component has many bugs.
I rewrite totally codes after buy new PC.
Because, my PC is broken that this cannot compile.
My PC’s clock is time to return.
I think that motherboard is broken.

Reply #78
Ok when everything is fixed on your end I have a little wish list.

1. Allow it to use external filters and decoders
2. Subtitle compatibility
3.panel integration

Reply #81
Like for the standard subtitle formats such as .srt, ,ass, and .ssa that are either embedded within a file like .mkv or in the same directory.

Did you install VSFilter(32bit)?
https://www.videohelp.com/software/VSFilter-DirectVobSub

Reply #82
Does it need to be the 32bit?

Reply #83
Does it need to be the 32bit?
Yes, because foobar2000 is 32bit software.
So, Chimera(foo_video) is running on 32bit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #84
Oh cool thanks also how do I get it to play .divx?

Reply #85
Another thing I would like to see better chapter support.

Reply #86
foo_video is Video plugin that able to play [.mp4] and [.mkv] video file on foobar2000.

At the moment foo_video is still in the experiment stage.
Use at your own risk.

Please read to end for my question.

Thank you so much for creating this, so far it seems to be the best way to bypass windows directsound and keep the audio from movies exact via WASAPI, KS or ASIO.

I've got 2 files,

1 at 48 kHz, 6 ch, 5757 kbps, ATSC A/52
2 at 48 kHz, 6 ch, 11072 kbps, ATSC A/52

They both read the same in MKVtoolnix for audio and video codec. If one plays and one crashes foobar instantly, what do you think may the problem be? Could it be RAM related, if I've only got 8GB trying to open an 8GB file, may that be an issue? Is there software I may find out more about the file details and find the major difference between the 2 files, aside from one having almost twice the audio bitrate... Thanks for any help.

Reply #87
Thanks for  this plugin form Mexico @CrowRabbit

Reply #88
¡Gracias por el trabajo! Muy contento.
Love a Leufrates. Please, Don't hurt me.

Reply #89
It would also be fantastic if I could integrate the video window into the Foobar2000 panels.
>>I will implement it in future.
But, with present condition, I think that my skill isn't reached to implement it.
Maybe that take a long time.
So, two years later, what are the chances of getting a Columns UI panel version of your plugin? I didn't think it could be that hard to make it. After all you've made the player already.

Reply #90
Can someone upload this plugin somewhere? Chimera seems to be gone from the creator's website (which also seems to be gone).

Reply #92
I feel like I'm missing something. It shouldn't be as simple as dragging and dropping / opening a video file right? I have the plugin loaded but upon playing it, it just plays the audio.. As if I've never even installed the plugin in the first place.

Reply #95
How is DUI/CUI support coming?

Reply #97
Well, first of all I think you have created something incredible: your plugin essentially turns foobar from an audio player into a multimedia player - for both audio and video. But in order to be complete, I need it to be an integral part of the player. Not a separate floating window.

To answer your question directly:
I imagine having a separate Columns UI panel that would display videos. I could use Panel Stack Splitter and script this panel to only show up below/beside the playlist for video files.

I mean, this is huge - I could turn my music library into music + music videos / live concerts library. A complete overhaul.

Reply #98
I have an issue where certain files play off sync and most others don't. When I play them in a dedicated video player there's no issue, so I don't really know what the problem is. I was thinking instead of trying to problem solve the issue, would it be possible to have a setting that I could put an timing adjustment in ms (like 200 for sliding the video 200ms later, and -200 for sliding it 200ms earlier)? Even for files that don't have issues in the player but are just off-sync in general, this could be a great help!

This kinda thing (I quickly hacked this together in photoshop LOL):

Thank you as always for your great plugin!