Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [request]Tag Mass-renamer (Read 2370 times) previous topic - next topic

[request]Tag Mass-renamer

Does anyone remember ID3 TagIT?

Well it had an awesome feature, that is basically the reverse of the mass-tagger's "Guess info from filename" feature.

Basically, what would be awesome in foobar is if you could rename a group of files based on the info in the tags, so say your current layout was %artist% - %album%\%artist% - %title%, but you wanted it to sort correctly (and had fully correct MP3 tags) you could select a "mass rename" preset of (what I'd use) is %artist%-'['%year%']'%album%\%tracknumber%-%title%, similar to ID3 tagit. Also, after the rename is complete, it could remove the current entries, and then re-add the new files to the playlist.
hi

Reply #1
I don't understand your request,

as far as I understood, the masstagger move/rename files is already able to do this..

Reply #2
it's there and it's here:

context-menu:

foobar 0.8: Masstagger > 'move, rename or copy files'
foobar 0.9: File operations > 'move, rename or copy files'

Reply #3
I don't understand your request,

as far as I understood, the masstagger move/rename files is already able to do this..
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301145"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh yeah, sorry 
Lock please
hi