Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: moving tags from two versions of the same song (lossy <-> lossel (Read 1205 times) previous topic - next topic

moving tags from two versions of the same song (lossy <-> lossel

Imagine the following situation.
I have a lossy and a losseless version of a song.
The lossy version has been analyzed by MusicIP and I want to have those tags on the lossless version. The losseless version doesn't have the exact same filename, but the otherwise, the songs are identical, and they reside in the exact same folder structure.
E.g.
d:/music/lossy/artistA/abumA/01 ~ song.ogg
d:/music/lossless/artistA/abumA/01 ~ song.flac

All non-music-IP tags are identical, and files are properly tagged.
I'd like to copy the MusicIP tags from one to the other. Is this possible? (of course, in an automatic way!).

Some of the lossless files are APE and some are FLAC. A few of them have cue sheets, most of them are muli-track entries.

Is foobar2000 capable of copying tags automatically?
If not, is there any other software capable of doing this automatically? (matching by tag, not file name).

Thanks