Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Phish Moves To FLAC (Read 4376 times) previous topic - next topic

Phish Moves To FLAC

http://slashdot.org/articles/03/06/24/0462...tid=141&tid=188

"Due to customer feedback, Phish, who have served as pioneers in the pay-per-download online music arena with their livephish.com site, have recently converted to FLAC compression for their high-quality download offerings. "

Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Phish Moves To FLAC

Reply #1
So now it's PHLAC?   

Phish Moves To FLAC

Reply #2
This is actually great news.
While it is true that Phish is not mainstream enough for this initiative to make a huge impact, the nature of the Phish fan (not the pothead, I mean the computer savvy one) maybe will make the effect of this grow.
Maybe some other fan-listening bands like Radiohead will follow. And Radiohead IS mainstream!
Anyway you look at this is a great thing.
More power to Phish.

Altough, now that I think of it...FLAC is probably not a natural choice for a band called "Phish" (maybe they should chose the Ogg version of FLAC) 
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Phish Moves To FLAC

Reply #3
I am one of the people you describe above, and I am thrilled to see the community move towards FLAC, and away from SHN (although ssamadhi's SHN plugin compensates for many of the format's shortcomings). I also think that Phish's business model beats the hell out of the Clear Channel plan...

now all I want is an ipod-like device to play FLAC (a car stereo, too - that can read FLAC and SHN CD-RS, but I digress)...

Everybody in the community uses a version Speek's frontend, too

Phish Moves To FLAC

Reply #4
now all I want is an ipod-like device to play FLAC (a car stereo, too - that can read FLAC and SHN CD-RS, but I digress)...

Yeah, a FLAC-playing CDR deck would be cool.  I stand ready to help out on the Neuros.  That too would be sweet.

Josh

Phish Moves To FLAC

Reply #5
you can play flac stuff on a kenwood music keg, i believe.

i know you can rip to flac w/ the included software.

i only know this because we installed it in my roommates tahoe, and i had never seen the flac format before that.