Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using LabelTag on audio CD burns? (Read 3052 times) previous topic - next topic

Using LabelTag on audio CD burns?

I'm a few years behind the times, but I'd like to use the LabelTag feature on my LiteOn drive.  Normally my burning software of choice is ImgBurn, but that always closes the disc and it cannot be defeated.  Apparently you need to leave the disc open before running a LabelTag utility, like SmartPack.

Can anyone recommend me software, or procedure, where I can burn an audio CD with all the features like ImgBurn (decompress from FLAC, include CD-TEXT, etc) but still be able to use LabelTag afterwards?

Re: Using LabelTag on audio CD burns?

Reply #1
Have you ever seen it work with an audio CD?     ...I would assume it's not CD-DA/redbook compatible.

Reply #2
What's wrong with Wikipedia?

"LabelTag can create a circular label on the data side of any DVD+R or DVD-R disc containing basic information visible to the eye."

Reply #3
I think Wikipedia is wrong since it's my understanding some special version of Nero Essentials 9 supports LabelTag and this review suggests it works with CDR's
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2563&page=2

If it can't be used the combo of {CDR + Audio CD}, then I can test that for myself once I locate software that has it and I'll know for sure.  So far it appears to only be that special version of Nero 9 Essentials, which I don't have.

Reply #4
You may give the golden oldie Burrrn a try - please run the V1.13 setup, and copy the V1.14beta2 to the installation folder. To leave the CD open don't tick "Close CD"  ;)

.halverhahn

Reply #5
I forgot about Burrrn.  I bet that would do the trick.  Thanks!

Reply #6
z