Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need help to FIX the MFT on NTFS (Read 3129 times) previous topic - next topic

Need help to FIX the MFT on NTFS

Hi folks. I have MS Win XP SP1 and a Maxtor hardrive divided into 2 parts:
1. a FAT32 partition
2. a NTFS partition

Last time i had regulary shuted down my PC but on the next turn on
i couldnt acces my NTFS partition. CHDSK said: Master File Table corrupted.

IS THERE A CHANCE TO RECOVER MY FILES??? They should be OK.
Any soft for this???

PLEASE HELP. They are very important files for my work on it.
Thanx

Reply #1
Hi!
Is this ntfs partition your boot partition?
If not then run command prompt and type: chkdsk d: /r of course if your corrupted partition has letter d.

If ntfs partition is your boot partition and you can't acces files then you have to start your computer from WinXP CD and in recovery console type the same command.

Goodluck!

Reply #2
I've already tried that and no luck. I've also Partition Magic 8 and I
didnt solve the problem with it either.

Any recomendation?

Reply #3
I've have not used any of these softwares myself. But I think these softwares can be among your options. Check the appropriate website, and if it does meet your need, .

1. Acronis Disk Editor                                  http://www.acronis.com/products/
2. Acronis Recovery Expert                         
3. Runtimes GetDataBack for FAT                http://www.runtime.org
4. Runtimes GetDataBack for NTFS             

Hope this helped. Again, I'm not sure, if these will work for you, and the decision is yours.

Good Luck.