Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible Bug In Dbpoweramp: Tagging Flac (Read 4273 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible Bug In Dbpoweramp: Tagging Flac

I'm not the only one that have found the new tagging support in Flac very usable, especially when using dbPowerAMP for converting to different lossy formats with the taggings preserved. Ok, the confusion between date/year tag is a bit annoying. EAC can be set up for automatic tagging of flac files when extracting audio, and it works good - except the fact that I couldn't get international characters to display properly in the tag info of Winamp or dbPowerAMP.

So, this (afaik) has to be fixed manually. dbPowerAMP with Powerpack was my choice, but it keeps on hanging the program, resulting in corrupted/unsusable audio files!

The error occurs as soon as the file is about to be updated with the new tagging info. It doesen't matter if I deal with updating an existing tag or a tag-empty file. After this error, and if the Popup Info is enabled, I cannot even move the mouse pointer over a flac file in Explorer withot getting an error message from GetPopupInfo.exe.

My system is WinXP. Anyone has the same experience? Spoon: I'll gladly provide you with more details.

Possible Bug In Dbpoweramp: Tagging Flac

Reply #1
Sorry for the late reply (I only ever look at the last 10 active messages).

Can you lead me through the crash? I create an non tagged flac file, then add a tag to it (just Artist) and it goes in fine.

I will get around to fixing the ogg date bug, I will do the flac one at the same time.