Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 424112 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #600
* Version 3.6.1
  + Added playlist cascaded menu.
  + Added floating toolbar mode. Requires deskband restart.

darkonyx - I did not find any problems with floating window (no leftover box, etc.). Are you using a very old version?

fuffi - added floating mode. it has some issues though, but hey, it works good enough :)

Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls, 3.6.1

Reply #602
Just loaded 3.6.1, restarted my machine, and now deskband controls are not working.  Will not start or stop or scroll.  Foobar otherwise working fine.  Windows 7 home premium (32-bit), Foobar 1.4 beta 6.

Really don't have a clue as to the problem.  Nothing else has changed.

EDIT: I'm sure I have the same problem as Comcraizer, 04 December 2017.  It's too bad, because I need to run Foobar as administrator in order that ASIO behaves properly.  That did change.  Any chance this will change, and that Deskband Controls will run as Administrator?

Thanks much.

N.

Reply #603
Any chance this will change, and that Deskband Controls will run as Administrator?
Deskbond Controls is explorer shell extension. So it could be possible if you find a way to run explorer.exe as administrator.

Reply #605
* Version 3.6.1
  + Added floating toolbar mode. Requires deskband restart.

fuffi - added floating mode. it has some issues though, but hey, it works good enough :)
Hello Eldarien,
is this regarding to my question:
can anybody tell me, how can I move the DBC to the top of my taskbar?
?
I made the DBC window floating, but  I can't get it stay on top of the taskbar. If I click any icon on the taskbar, the DBC window disapears under the taskbar and is not visible anymore.

Am I right, that it is not possible to position the DBC window on top of a vertical taskbar, when Display Mode is set to "Deskband"?
Is this a windows OS limitation?

EDIT: cascading playlist is very useful! thanks to you and bero1707.

Reply #606
fuffi - Look in General Settings. "Deskband Mode" and "Display Mode" are different settings. Set "Deskband Mode" to "Floating", "Display Mode" to "Deskband".
I know this is not very clear, I will merge them into one with next build.

Remove deskband from taskbar and add it back. Unlock taskbar. You should see drag grip and you should be able to move deskband to any position on taskbar. Also try to move other toolbars with grip, especially the one that holds app buttons, drag it near the clock, it should swap with deskband.

Reply #607
Thank you for this great plugin ... working fine here (W10 64bits).
Some comments/requests below :
  • Not a big deal but I would second the simplification of "Deskband Mode / Display mode" options
  • While I use the (Settings/foobar2000 plugin/Divers) "Hide if not playing" option, it would be nice to have an additional option to keep the controls visible when playback is paused (which is different from "Not playing")
  • It would be nice to limit the tooltip triggering to the album art region, so that it is not triggered for instance when adjusting the volume or just clicking on a button.

Thank you for your consideration.

Reply #608
Hi, I'm using a legacy system (windows 8 ), I accidentally updated DeskBand Controls and found out .net 4.7.1 could not be installed on my system therefore it would even start.
Could anyone upload an archive of an old version which works with .net 4.5? (If I remembered correctly, 3.6.0 or 3.5.0 works with .net 4.5)

Reply #609
v3,5,0 here, v3.6.0 here

Reply #610
@eldarien
"Remove deskband from taskbar and add it back" <- That was the trick!
Thank you very much! Now it works.
Otherwise there are not draggrips to move DBC.

Some comments/requests below :
It would be nice to limit the tooltip triggering to the album art region, so that it is not triggered for instance when adjusting the volume or just clicking on a button.
This is something, I really love to have, to not always pop up the tooltip, when skipping to the next song.

Reply #611

.net 4.7.1 could not be installed on my system
Hi @swstar, sorry about that. I did not expect that 4.7.1 could work on Win7 but does not work on Win8. Microsoft has weird support policy sometimes. I will try to go back to 4.6.

@NEMO7538 - Thank you for the ideas.

Reply #612
Hello,
unfortunately and after setting the filepath to a valig jpg image, I don't see the "no cover" cover art, if no cover is embedded in the playing mp3 file.
the tooltip is showin the correct image. thats odd :-)

(here you see a screenshot of my DBC with mouse over the missing image on the taskbar and a uppopping tooltip with showing the no-cover-image)

Reply #613
No, you will not loose your settings. Plugin preserves existing configuration, but just in case you can backup deskband controls configuration file - it is located at
C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\configuration\foo_deskband_controls.dll.cfg
Can I change the location of the configuration file to Portalbel Foobar directory?

Reply #614
@widerock - Hi. No, it's not possible. Shell extensions can not be portable. And comments from 2012 is not relevant any more.

Reply #615
unfortunately and after setting the filepath to a valig jpg image, I don't see the "no cover" cover art, if no cover is embedded in the playing mp3 file.

Forgive me, for wasting your time....

I didn't realized, that the path to the stub image started with ".\", so it would search relatively to the root folder, set up in the "foobar2000 plugin" configuration page at "Path to folder with foobar200.exe" (that was my guess)
I also didn't realized that the stub image for the tooltip had its own path-configuration, with the correct path "C:\f2k\..." set up, so it had to work.

Well, thanks to widerock, posting a comment from 2012, I had a clue :-))

@eldarien:
can we have our own buttons, additionally to the stop/play/pause/next/prev buttons?

Say, I have a component "foo_preview" installed, and like to have a button in DBC to switch on/off the preview mode in foobar2000.

would that be possible? (also to have different buttons for each state of the component, like the play/pause button, which shows different images, when playing or pausing)

Reply #616
Well,
another mystery 8-)

I'm wondering, why there are white lines left and right from the top of the cover art, while there is none in the image.

You can see it in the opened tooltip window, right to the cover art image inside the top of the taskbar.

Here you can find the cover art for the playing song.

playing another song, you can see, that there are no white lines in my setting.

So, where do the white lines come from?

I'm refering to those "white lines" at the left and right:

Reply #618

.net 4.7.1 could not be installed on my system
Hi @swstar, sorry about that. I did not expect that 4.7.1 could work on Win7 but does not work on Win8. Microsoft has weird support policy sometimes. I will try to go back to 4.6.

4.7.1 works on Windows 8.1. It just doesn't work on straight Windows 8.

Windows 8 is also out of support and doesn't get updates so people should be on 8.1 by now.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/get-started/system-requirements

Reply #619
edit: nevermind, solved

Reply #620
The deskband constantly takes up 3% of my cpu with redrawing. Example stacktrace: http://chronial.de/misc/screenshots/0295-ocpzts6y.png
This happens independent of whether there is something to redraw or not.

If you are willing to open source the code or send me a copy, I might find the time to have a look whether I see any optimization potential.

Reply #621
Hi Chronial.

Please share your deskband configuration profile.

Reply #623
darkonyx - I did not find any problems with floating window (no leftover box, etc.). Are you using a very old version?

Had version 3.3.3 and updated to 3.6.1, now there's no leftover box when not playing (and not present when foobar is closed down). Thank you!

Reply #624
fuffi:
White lines are on the image. If "Preserve aspect ratio" option is disabled the whole image is stretched to fit specified size, in your case it is stretched to be squared. You can verify it in any image editor if you like :)
Regarding buttons for other components - I have no idea how that could be done right now...

Chronial:
Can not reproduce your issue on my i5, CPU usage is always 0% for me, with minor spikes to 1% when label scrolling is used. No plans for open source for now. I can extract label drawing code into sample project if you really want to look at it, but I highly doubt that it can be much optimized, to be honest...