Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where to disable the "remember expanded nodes" option (Read 986 times) previous topic - next topic

Where to disable the "remember expanded nodes" option

Hello everybody,
With the 1.4 release, the "remember expanded nodes" in the album list was added and I clearly remember finding the option to disable it on my main computer months ago. I just installed foobar on my laptop but I just can't seem to find it again. I've looked everywhere in the preferences, on the forum, wiki etc but can't find it back. Could someone point me where to find it?

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Re: Where to disable the "remember expanded nodes" option

Reply #1
Hi there,

I cannot find any such option in 1.4 or 1.4.1 either. Are you sure you're not remembering a plug-in? (Or perhaps it was part of the 1.4 betas only)

Cheers

Reply #2
Hey,
Thanks for answering. Well if the option isn't there anymore then I guess it was removed during the 1.4 release and was only available in the beta builds. I didn't notice the change because I switched to facets instead of the traditional Media Library on my main PC, only noticed that it wasn't there because I installed foobar 1.4.1 on my laptop.

Reply #3
I know it's a bit late to make a reply now, but, "Made Album List remember expanded nodes." was introduced in foobar2000 1.4.0.
There are no option to turn it off, yet. I hope the devs can make it optional in a future version of foobar2000.

EDIT: Peter said the following: For now, old album list DLL should work just fine in new fb2k.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,117071.msg966618.html#msg966618

Reply #4
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately foobar decided to stop working on my ubuntu laptop where I was facing the issue (still using faucet on my main PC so collapsing the album list is not an issue). I'm using audacious now, pretty cool winamp clone.
Still, thank you very much for the answer and the link, I'll keep that in mind if I have to use it.