Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 remove write protection/set write protection command? (Read 1374 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 remove write protection/set write protection command?

hi there,
i have my library write protected. changing files in foobar wont work. i am looking for a command to remove, and after applied changes reinstate write protection of marked files.
florians old foo run component  could be doing this. but i did not manage to get it to work with attrib.exe -r/+r.
any ideas?

Re: foobar2000 remove write protection/set write protection command?

Reply #1
cmd /c attrib -r "%_path%" /s
seems to work fine for me
also
cmd /c attrib -r "$directory_path(%path%)\*.*" /d /s
for the whole directory
Not sure about what to do to reapply write protection and what one might need it for, though.

Reply #2
thanx, so i need the "obsolete" foo_run 0.3.7 or how do i use your lines?

Reply #3
the answer to myself is yes: foo_run_0.3.7.dll still works. the lines either remove protection for one or first selected file or all files in folder.
write protectection set would be: +r instead of -r
but how is the command line for marked files in different folders?  please?

Reply #4
what i mean is in a playlist there are files from different folders, all write protected. lets say i want to apply replaygain. it wouldnt work. so i ask for the line to put in foo_run to remove rm status from marked files in the playlist in foobar.

Reply #5
I wouldn't know how to approach this, as the commands rely on extracting file path, and I don't believe it's possible to get multiple paths at once, at least with default components.
Also, you're saying that you can't set your own commands in newer versions of foo_run?

Reply #6
there is two different versions of different authors. foo_run 0.3.7 is "obsolete", meant for foobar 0.9. it still works and i can use your command lines. but it is not really helpfull to do it one by one, i rather open all files in mp3tag, there it is easier to set rm for "all marked files".
the newer foo run is very different and i dont see how to use it for this "indication".
thanx for looking into it.