Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mppenc 1.15u (Read 21899 times) previous topic - next topic

mppenc 1.15u

mppenc 1.15u is out.

It now properly handles the samples provided in this thread, even at 'standard' quality. In addition, teh01.flac/teh02.flac can be encoded gaplessly now. There are a few more known cases that fail older versions of the encoder and other codecs too. 1.15u is a fix for them all.

The code has changed in the way the encoded signal is padded to MPC frame boundaries. The beginning and end of track encoding is handled differently now. Thanks a lot to Xiph's Monty for the initial advice.

We're back with MSVC for the Windows compile. The file is now static-linked to avoid issues for all users.

mppenc 1.15u for Windows
mppenc 1.15u for Linux
mppenc 1.15u source

Don't forget that our SVN server is always ready for new submissions. You can usually find anything we work on there.
And if Warhol's a genius, what am I? A speck of lint on the ***** of an alien

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #1
Sweet. The best encoder just got better. The release cycle of mppenc versions got quite shorter than before.

After 1.15 branch becomes beta (or stable), is the team planning to take on SV8? Is there any current development in SV8 branch?
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #2
cool, it resolve the gapless problem i have in 1.15t (blop between some track with continuous sound with 1.15t but not in 1.14)

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #3
After 1.15 branch becomes beta (or stable), is the team planning to take on SV8? Is there any current development in SV8 branch?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277035"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Odd numbered releases are always alpha.  1.16 is, I believe, planned to be the final SV7 encoder.  AFAIK they, and we, are still waiting on Mr. Klemm for SV7.5/8 releases . . . . or has the team decide to try without his help?
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #4
We'll direct all of our efforts toward SV8 soon (hopefully). It's gonna be a mighty task, but I hope we'll find more capable coders to help us. Right now we're spending 100% of our time hunting for more samples that 1.15u might fail with. Eventually, we'll reach 1.16 and then, hopefully, with the help of Frank, we'll try to make SV8 a reality. No promises, though.

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #5
mppenc 1.15u is out.

Great!
It looks like musepack is being most actively developed recently in comparison to other codecs.
Keep up the great work!
stimulating the audio nerve directly

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #6
This is the first real quality-related fix we've made without Frank's help. We'll work around the clock finding and fixing more bugs, but we'll need the help of the community. We want to see more high-bitrate ABX tests and more offers to help us code. Anyone who has experience with psymodels is very welcome. Frank is still an option, but we cannot and will not depend on his help. When he does help we consider it a bonus. We correspond with him often and he offers useful advice and listens to the samples I send him, but I'm sure his work prevents him from spending time coding, so it's basically us and anyone who's willing to help.

Enjoy the new encoder

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #7
I'd be happy to donate to mpc development. It's a good idea to keep a donation link at the Musepack site (PayPal, eGold, etc.) for people like me. Considering the amount of people only in HA that prefer MPC, this could enable the developers get nicer equipment, etc.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #8
We only need your time and dedication. We will not accept any donations at any stage and our site/forum will always be free of ads. We really just want your help. Hunt for the link to our IRC channel on the main Musepack site and come visit us and show your support. We don't ask for anything else

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #9
Great news, thanks seed

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #10
I'm loving the development these days. The lossy scene has been really dead the past year so it's good to see some progress, and with MPC being my favorite lossy codec, this news is the best!

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #11
Freaking awesome! MPC development team rules! :D
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #12
The lossy scene has been really dead the past year . . 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277129"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Vorbis 1.1 (+aoTuV betas)
LAME 3.96.1 (+getting close to LAME4 betas)
Nero AAC (big improvements + PS on the horizon)

I don't see how the lossy scene has been dead at all . . . . In fact I think its been more active then the lossless scene with the exception of WavPack 4.

edit:  Thanks for updating us on the status of the MPC Development team Seed!  I can't help at all with the coding, but maybe I'll take a few more cracks at ABXing MPC.  Last time I tried I couldn't get anywhere with it at all which is the main reason it has been my lossy codec of choice.

edit: changed lossy to lossless
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #13
I don't see how the lossy scene has been dead at all . . . . In fact I think its been more active then the lossy scene with the exception of WavPack 4.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277181"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes. Lossy scene gets more active recently and I'm excited.

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #14
mppenc 1.15u is out.

Great work..

Many thanks to all musepack developers for the constant development, interest and dedication.

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #15
Oh, yeah... This codec is really making progress.. THANKS, dear devs 

By the way, what will the SV8 give us comparing to SV7 ? Sorry if it is mentioned
somewhere, I couldn't find...

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #16
Great work ! 
Just a thing, I think the 1.15u mppenc & mppdec still say v1.15t.

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #17
By the way, what will the SV8 give us comparing to SV7 ? Sorry if it is mentioned
somewhere, I couldn't find...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277351"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Personally, I'd like to use musepack also as audio in video files. AFAIK that won't be possible until SV8 comes (for some reason that I don't know).

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #18
Great work !  
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277794"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Where? The decoder hasn't changed anyway...

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #19
Who is MDI?

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #20
Great work !  
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277794"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

> sed -i 's:15t:15u:' <path>/sv7/version 

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #21
Who is MDI?

MDI might be Management Development Institute

MDT is Musepack Development Team. After the first quality-related change the team made to the encoder, there was a need for a name to be added to the credits. Since none of the programmers wanted to take the credit for themselves, we type Musepack Development Team, or in short, MDT.

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #22
It is amazingly encouraging to see development picking up again. I hope at some point to be able to use mpc on portables and at some point in the future would like to see a -portable setting with focus on balance of size/quality/battery life, since mpc already uses less power then other codecs focusing on this may make it ideal, not to mention its high quality.

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #23
Great work !  
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

> sed -i 's:15t:15u:' <path>/sv7/version 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277850"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Will add this to the gentoo ebuild 

[a href="http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=83528]Gentoo Linux ebuild for musepack-tools 1.15u[/url]

mppenc 1.15u

Reply #24
It is amazingly encouraging to see development picking up again. I hope at some point to be able to use mpc on portables and at some point in the future would like to see a -portable setting with focus on balance of size/quality/battery life, since mpc already uses less power then other codecs focusing on this may make it ideal, not to mention its high quality.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277995"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can already use it on Windows Mobile smartphones using betaplayer. I load up my phone with 4-5 new albums a day to listen to at work,  and don't have to transcode them from mpc to anything...