Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scheduler - maintenance question (Read 4151 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scheduler - maintenance question

Hi,
I am currently running a 64bit version of Scheduler,
having doubts whether it can be upladed here.
Does anybody know if Andrew is still around?

Re: foo_scheduler - maintenance question

Reply #1
Well there is no license on the github repo and that means you don't have permission to do anything with it. How strictly you want to follow that is up to you but sharing here isn't advisable.

Reply #2
That´s what I thought too. The only chance then is being able to contact and ask for his permission.
I am noticing now the component discussion, the offcial repository links to a 404. I should have been posting there instead.
Will also try a pull request to the repo, hopefully he can review the update,
Thanks

Reply #3
That´s what I thought too. The only chance then is being able to contact and ask for his permission.

Well, here is Github standpoint, and their Disclaimer:
Disclaimer
We are not lawyers. Well, most of us anyway. It is not the goal of this site to provide legal advice. The goal of this site is to provide a starting point to help you make an informed choice by providing information on popular open source licenses in a simplified fashion. If you have any questions regarding the best license for your code or any other legal issues relating to it, it’s your responsibility to do further research or consult with a professional.

And here are some interesting discussions on Stackexchange:
1. use of of 'unlicensed' github code in research paper and
2. What can I assume if a publicly published project has no license?

Reply #4
Well, here is Github standpoint, and their Disclaimer:

Don´t want to give the wrong impression, I am not impressed by a lack of license at Github. This could mean the author is happy about the free update.
But in contrast, I wonder about the copyright notice in About Scheduler.
There might be some calculated ambiguity in there...   :) 

Hopefully @andrew_smolko comes along and sort out this mess.

Reply #5
@andrew_smolko, I have just found this post...

Andrew, if you do not plan to maintain this plug-in further, would you please consider making the source code available?
Sure. See the first page, there is the link to the source code. To compile you need MSVS 2005, WTL and boost libraries.
Hope someone will continue developing
The only thing - please, notify in source code and in a binary distribution that the initial author of this plugin is me - Andrew Smolko.

If you disagree about any terms of the attached distribution, please get in contact, and I will be glad to apply any changes to make it compliable, or remove it altogether in case I misunderstood that old quotation.

... thank you so much for developing this great component,

Best regards

Scheduler Mod v4.19.1

Change log:

- Component renamed 'Scheduler Mod'.
- New 32/64bit installer.
- Event list drag & drop.
- Added date/time event context menu (timer initializer).
- Added dark mode.

Reply #6
Thank you so much (for not caring about totally irrelevant -in some cases- non-existent license limits)

Reply #7
@regor aye, thankfully Andrew Smolko laid out the license requirements.

A new mod release is available:
Scheduler Mod v.4.19.2

Change log:
- Added new option 'Active playlist' to the 'Change playlist' action.

edit: link display text

Reply #8
@da yuyu
You've done excellent job with porting the plugin, well done!
There's an issue in the plugin that has been existing for a very long time. The issue is described by me (Reply #613) in the original foo_scheduler thread: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,49589.msg1018860.html#msg1018860
If you find some time, could you take a look at it if it can be fixed?

Reply #9
Thanks @mikehawk1999, I am glad you liked the x64 port!
This new release includes an attempt to fix it.
I have also included the end-of-files feature request by @eskapandr and @Bero1707 posted in the original component thread.

Wish I could have found more time for testing... bug reports are always welcome!

foo_scheduler_mod v4.19.4

Change log:

- Fix 'Wait until 1 track played' stuck on single track playlists.
- Fix Status Window item updates.
- Fix restoring the Status Window screen position.
- Added 'Run' option to Menu Item context menu.
- Added 'End of Files' to 'Wait until N track played' config dialog.

Reply #10
@da yuyu
- Fix 'Wait until 1 track played' stuck on single track playlists.
I can confirm it has been fixed. Thank you! :-)
- Fix Status Window item updates.
I can also confirm this. The status window updates instantly.
- Added 'End of Files' to 'Wait until N track played' config dialog.
I can also confirm, it works flawlessly.

There's just one thing I'm missing in this plugin and it is related to "Change playlist" option. I cannot find an option that would allow for changing to a playlist where the actively playing track is. Here's an example of what I mean:
0. A random track on playlist "P1" is playing in the background, then a scheduler event gets executed
Action list for the event:
1. Save playback state
2. Set active playlist "P2"
3. Start playback from track #1
4. Wait until End of Files
5. Set active playlist "P1"
6. Start playback from saved data
I would like to modify point 5. where instead of selecting a specific playlist, I would like the scheduler to switch to the playlist where actively playing track is. This way the plugin will be much more flexible and useful for a user. Would it be possible to introduce such an option? I thought that "Active" is what I've been looking for but it doesn't do anything for me.

Reply #11
Such good news... unbelievable! : )
Thank you so much for reporting and testing!

... ...
I would like to modify point 5. where instead of selecting a specific playlist, I would like the scheduler to switch to the playlist where actively playing track is. This way the plugin will be much more flexible and useful for a user. Would it be possible to introduce such an option? I thought that "Active" is what I've been looking for but it doesn't do anything for me.

Sounds good, might be a new option inside 'Save playback state' or a new action 'Save playlist state'?

The 'Active playlist' option found in the 'Change playlist' sets the currently selected playlist (the selected playlist tab) as the playing playlist, so if P1 is playing, 'Change playlist' to 'Active playlist' and playing first track, will play the first track in the currently selected playlist. 'Active playlist' should probably be renamed 'Activate currently selected playlist'...

In any case I'll have a look to the save and restore currently playing playlists,
Regards!

p.d.: Will also consider your post #612 in the original thread about an action to play a specific song, although it is a bit of an elusive thought for me right now.

Reply #12
@da yuyu
Sounds good, might be a new option inside 'Save playback state' or a new action 'Save playlist state'?
I think it should be a new option for "Change playlist" known as "Currently playing" or something like that.
p.d.: Will also consider your post #612 in the original thread about an action to play a specific song, although it is a bit of an elusive thought for me right now.
Thanks!

Reply #13
@da yuyu
Also, one more thing, would it be possible for you to introduce possibility of updating the plugin via Foobar? It would be very useful and much more user-friendly than having to do it manually via github.

Reply #14
@mikehawk1999

Should check that possibility...
Before that, I'd like to rename the component; removing the Mod posfix for cleaner menus.
But I am finding it hard to find an alternative.
Thanks for your feedback!

Reply #15
@mikehawk1999

A new option 'Playlist from saved state' has been added to the 'Change playlist' action.
You may try replacing step 5 in your example above by 'Set playlist from saved state'.

foo_scheduler_mod v4.20

Change log:

- Fixed empty Event list when opening the preference panel from File > Scheduler mod > Preferences
- Added 'Playlist from saved state' option to 'Change playlist' action.

Reply #16
@mikehawk1999

Should check that possibility...
Before that, I'd like to rename the component; removing the Mod posfix for cleaner menus.
But I am finding it hard to find an alternative.
Thanks for your feedback!
Should the menus be named differently than the original one? I mean, the plugin may still be named _mod, and the menus with original name.  There is no reason to have both installed, and the mod should overwrite the old one in any case.

Or just call it foo_macros or something like that, if you plan on maintain it as a separate thing. File > Macros > ... sounds ok for me.

Reply #17
@mikehawk1999

A new option 'Playlist from saved state' has been added to the 'Change playlist' action.
You may try replacing step 5 in your example above by 'Set playlist from saved state'.

foo_scheduler_mod v4.20

Change log:

- Fixed empty Event list when opening the preference panel from File > Scheduler mod > Preferences
- Added 'Playlist from saved state' option to 'Change playlist' action.
It works flawlessly! I've just tested it and it works like a charm! Thank you so much! You've done excellent work! :-)

Reply #18
@regor

Macros... not bad, but idk maybe I was overthinking it.
Just a small detail, a lower case 'mod' in the suffix made the job!

@mikehawk1999

Wonderful...
Thank you, too, for your collaboration!

Reply #19
@da yuyu
Excellent mod version, found that in dark mode, the date/time box and setting volume panel are light color,cannot be dark color

Reply #20
Thanks for reporting @yeyo !

Both the date/time pickers (partial fix, see below) and the 'Set volume' dialog have been revised.

Scheduler mod v4.21 Beta 2

Change log:
- Term 'Action list' replaced by 'Task'.
- Fix 'Set volume' dark mode.
- Partial fix for date/time pickers in dark mode.

Known issues:
- Light colors in time up/down and calendar prev/next buttons.
- Weird layout in calendar Today´s date.