Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wavegain in Linux (Read 4547 times) previous topic - next topic

Wavegain in Linux

Attached is a pretty ugly patch to make wavegain 1.0.4 compile cleanly with gcc 3.2. I used a bunch of ifdefs to make sure it will still be fine on the systems it used to compile on. When I get some time I will make it prettier and put together a simple Tk frontend but for the moment it works. When I have cleaned up the patch I will send it formally to John33 for inclusion in the next version, if there will be one.

I hope this is useful to somebody other than myself.

Wavegain in Linux

Reply #1
I'd be very happy to apply a 'nice tidy patch'.

Wavegain in Linux

Reply #3
Attached is a patch to make it compile more cleanly under gcc. This fixes some problems with constant suffixes (gcc expects LL rather than L on 64 bit constants) that might stop the compiled version from working as designed.

It also adds a couple of headers (math.h and string.h) in the appropriate places to stop 'implicit declaration' warnings. These are very much optional and are only really cosmetic. Thirdly this patch removes some unused variables. Depending on your style you may or may not want to get rid of these. Personally I like it when -Wall does not complain at all. Again, this is completely cosmetic. This patch requires the last one to be applied for it to be useful.

If there is a more appropriate forum or list for discussing the development of Wavegain and other 'rarewares-only' programs please let me know.

Wavegain in Linux

Reply #4
That's great, thanks a lot. I'll check these through and apply them. If you'd like to PM me your name, I'll add you to the credits.

Wavegain in Linux

Reply #5
cabbagerat's patch has been applied and the sources at Rarewares have been updated.

Wavegain in Linux

Reply #6
Quick question, I have the sources but how do i compile them in linux?  I'm not sure what to do in the absence of a makefile.  I tried gcc main.c but that just gave me whole bunch of errors.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Wavegain in Linux

Reply #7
gcc *.c -o wavegain -lm -lsndfile in the Wavegain source directory does it on my Debian system. It should work on any Linux machine with libsndfile installed and gcc 2.95 or newer.

Wavegain in Linux

Reply #8
Thanks alot, worked like a charm.