Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 223281 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Search

Reply #325
I do not intend to add such an option. You can use Ctrl-Return to invoke the standard "Send to playlist..." command on all results; this also works in the pattern field (see Database Search Help).

Database Search

Reply #326
Just change to the "All items" filter mode.

I take it this was aimed at myself regarding leaving a blank space to gain the full database being shown, I guess you mean in the preferences for Database Search, under the Format Presets changing the "using the . . . mode" to an option, unfortunately I have tried all these options with the results being a blank playlist if the search criteria is blank. 

I'm using 1.4 beta 4, oh and this is regarding using the database toolbar demo, just noticed you meant the non-toolbar option, apologies for not making myself clear initially.

Database Search

Reply #327

Just change to the "All items" filter mode.

I take it this was aimed at myself regarding leaving a blank space to gain the full database being shown, I guess you mean in the preferences for Database Search, under the Format Presets changing the "using the . . . mode" to an option, unfortunately I have tried all these options with the results being a blank playlist if the search criteria is blank. 

I'm using 1.4 beta 4, oh and this is regarding using the database toolbar demo, just noticed you meant the non-toolbar option, apologies for not making myself clear initially.

With the normal database search (not the toolbar demo) you can choose 'All items' without having to go to the preferences page.

Database Search

Reply #328
The toolbar demo has no option to select the filter mode or the data source. It alwas searches the media library using the "Find all words" filter. The only part of the Database Search preferences that has any effect on it, is the format presets tab (without the Search for Same options).

Database Search

Reply #329
Apologies again, I should have read more thoroughly the release notes, ignore all I've said, though it would be nice to have a blank search on the toolbar to show the entire database.

And thanks for the quick replies.

Database Search

Reply #330
I do not intend to add such an option.

You can use Ctrl-Return to invoke the standard "Send to playlist..." command on all results; this also works in the pattern field (see Database Search Help).

Thanks for the tip, that's a quick way to get a new playlist from the results.

Database Search

Reply #331
Foosion, thanks for continued development on this component.  I was wondering if you'd consider adding a "Find n Words" option, where n is a user-specified number of words.

Database Search

Reply #332
database search toolbar is a really great plug-in.. i used it the first time and were impressed by the speed-up of the workflow.. thx to foosion.. ok enough of the good words, i'll come to the point of my posting 

Searches the media library using the "Find all words" filter and displays results in a playlist.

there is one problem.. when this playlist is active and i double click on a file in windows to play that it would not be added to foobar.. i think it's caused of the write protection of the search-result-playlist..
i also can not close this playlist..

why is this playlist read-only? that makes no sense to me because you can quickly get the search results one more time, when you use this toolbar

just my 2c (sorry for my bad english)

Database Search

Reply #333
The primary purpose of the demo toolbar is to demonstrate the use of the Database Search programming interface. In order to not obscure that too much, I have omitted some polishing you would expect from a regular plugin, and I also added some rather experimental features like not being able to remove the result playlist without removing the toolbar. The write protection on the other hand is deliberate. You would have the same problem, if the current playlist was an autoplaylist. The general solution would be to have incoming files always sent to a playlist of your choice (see the General page in preferences).

Database Search

Reply #334
The general solution would be to have incoming files always sent to a playlist of your choice (see the General page in preferences).

oh thx i always overlooked this option.. but this fits my needs very well
keep on your good work foosion^^

Database Search

Reply #335
Is it possible to display list results on a VFD or write it in file (with use of text writer component) ?

My need is to search audio files through my VFD and not to switch on my Plasma for that.

Regards
Fabien

Database Search

Reply #336
You can move the search window to any monitor that belongs to your Windows desktop, but I do not plan to support exotic display devices.

Database Search

Reply #337
This is only cometic, but shouldn't 'database search (foo_dbsearch)' be renamed to 'media library search (e.g. foo_mlsearch)' with introducing the 1.4 final component.
I know that the search-window itsself still displays media library, so this is minor, even though the component is well known under its current name.
Just a thought, as I still saw the confusion about 'database' and 'media library' in this thread , and changing the name would generally be consequent     

edit: typo

Database Search

Reply #338
I know that the search-window itsself still displays media library, so this is minor, even though the component is well known under its current name.
That was the final reason why I did not change the name as of yet. I've thought about it during the 0.9 beta cycle already. I considered various names back then; foo_mlsearch or "Media Library Search" being one of them, though I didn't quite like that it describes only a part of the functionaliy. (Yes, "foo_dbsearch" has the same issue.)

Database Search

Reply #339
Could someone tell me if it's possible to put two database search boxes in the foobar dialog box, each controlling their own playlist?

Database Search

Reply #341
Thanks for the great plugin.

foosion, would you please release Database Search SDK for foo_dbsearch v1.4?

Database Search

Reply #342
It impossible to play a song directly from the Database Search window (and set Play as default action).  Would it be possible to add this feature?

Database Search

Reply #343
It impossible to play a song directly from the Database Search window (and set Play as default action).  Would it be possible to add this feature?

you CAN change the default action. Go to preferences -> Database search -> Other -> Shortcut Commands. Under "Default Action", select Play.

Database Search

Reply #344
you CAN change the default action. Go to preferences -> Database search -> Other -> Shortcut Commands. Under "Default Action", select Play.
Thanks for the reply, but "Play" just isn't listed for me ... I don't know why

Database Search

Reply #345
Thanks for the reply, but "Play" just isn't listed for me ... I don't know why

AFAIK, you need to have foo_utils installed as well. That's the only thing stopping me from using this component, is that I need to install another component I wouldn't even use just to get 'Play' functionality.
</signature>

Database Search

Reply #346
AFAIK, you need to have foo_utils installed as well. That's the only thing stopping me from using this component, is that I need to install another component I wouldn't even use just to get 'Play' functionality.

That is correct, the Play context menu command is implemented in foo_utils. I have zero intentions to duplicate this code in any form.

Edit:

This question is answered in the FAQ section of the Database Search help which is accessible from the Help menu. Please check the documentation first next time.

Database Search

Reply #347
Hello Foosion!

I would like to ask for an improvement concerning the "search for same" functionality. In the preferences of database search you have opportunity to set wich search mode is choosen by default when the search is invoked from context menu. In many cases it is ok to have the "find exact" mode but often enough i need another one: "find prefix" when i like to look for same title (in other versions) or "find all" when i am searching for same mood (i use "$meta_sep(%mood%, )" to fill the pattern field). And since we can use Query as search mode it is no wonder that i already have some of them as search mode.

Now my question: it is annoying always to remember wich search mode i defined for a special format and then to switch manually to it. Would you consider to change that in that sense that we can define the search mode for each format independently? Addionally to that it would be nice to have an option that formats wich are using the Query mode for searching are not shown in the format drop down box - i can't imagine that somebody would use them.

By the way: i discovered two smaller issues.
1. If the text in the pattern field is to long i can't scroll with cursor to the end - i must make the windowsize greater to see the rest
2. The entries in contextmenu aren't sorted correctly by alphabet

Database Search

Reply #348
Now my question: it is annoying always to remember wich search mode i defined for a special format and then to switch manually to it. Would you consider to change that in that sense that we can define the search mode for each format independently? Addionally to that it would be nice to have an option that formats wich are using the Query mode for searching are not shown in the format drop down box - i can't imagine that somebody would use them.
To be honest, I do not particularly like how the "Search for same" function works and how it is configured, especially since the Query mode was added. There are some fundamental differences between this mode and the older ones which leads to some conflicts. For example, consider the absurdity of defining format presets for use with the query mode all the while this mode does not even use format presets - it's only for use with "Search for same"! So my preferred solution would be to separate the configuration for the "Search for same" items from the format presets.

Added to the todo list; priority: definitely after 0.9.5.

1. If the text in the pattern field is to long i can't scroll with cursor to the end - i must make the windowsize greater to see the rest
It seems the edit field of a combobox has some restrictions. As far as I can see, the only solution would be to turn this into a regular edit field, so there would be no history of previously used patterns.
Forget that. I'm to tired to see the obvious.

2. The entries in contextmenu aren't sorted correctly by alphabet
Thanks for pointing this out. Added to the todo list. Little work but low priority.

Database Search

Reply #349
So my preferred solution would be to separate the configuration for the "Search for same" items from the format presets.

That would mean that the "search for same" then will only use queries?