Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Track Time problem.... (Read 4512 times) previous topic - next topic

Track Time problem....

For some reason, FB2k isn't reporting the track time of file when it plays, but it does report the remaining time (I set it to report it of course).  All I get is "0:00".  Is anyone else having this problem?  What am I doing wrong?

Track Time problem....

Reply #1
Select some files....if there´s no difference explain yourself again.

Track Time problem....

Reply #2
Okay.... I see what psyqil is saying.

If you select/highlight multiple tracks... then a total time for the selected tracks is displayed.

If you select/hightlight one track... then the total track time for the selected track is displayed.

However, if no tracks are selected, then "0:00" is displayed.

If I remember clearly, pervious versions (currently using v0.57) reported the total time of the currently played track even if nothing was selected/highlighted.

So what I'm asking is... shouldn't it:
1 --display the track time of the currently played track if nothing is selected/highlighted?

2 --display the total time if multiple tracks are selected/hightlighted?

3 --display the track time of the currently played track if that track is selected/highlighted? (compliment to instance 1)

Track Time problem....

Reply #3
Is there an other display just to the left of it? Showing the remaining time (as you told it to)? Well, that´s where you can choose...

Track Time problem....

Reply #4
Yeah, I have the remaining time displayed, but.......

bottom line.....

how am I gonna know how far into the track I am in if I have nothing to compare the remaining time to?

That said, if I wanted to know this, I would have to go into FB, find and select the currently played track to have a track time reported next to the remaining time inorder to know how far into the song I am.....

I don't know... maybe I'm being an idiot....... which I have been accused of before...... but still........

It seems to me that the total time displayed at the bottom should be reported for tracks with the "selected item frame" around them (usually the currently played track)... even when nothing is selected....

Track Time problem....

Reply #5
It seems to me that the total time displayed at the bottom should be reported for tracks with the "selected item frame" around them (usually the currently played track)... even when nothing is selected....

No.  Only the total time of selected tracks is displayed.  Usually, the current playing track will be selected, but I found that if you have checked the 'Resume playback after restart' and 'Start playing on startup' boxes then this is not the case.

Track Time problem....

Reply #6
See..... my currenlty played track isn't selected when it is being played..... hence... 0:00.... and that's why i'm asking what the heck is going on 

Neither 'Resume playback after restart' and 'Start playing on startup' boxes are checked.

It's a mystery.....

Track Time problem....

Reply #7
It's a mystery.....

No mystery at all.    You need to select the 'Change selection when "playback/follow cursor" is enabled checkbox.  This should solve your problems.

Track Time problem....

Reply #8
No, it won´t. "Follow cursor" has to be selected also, and that is not always desirable...well, beeing able to see both, playing and remaining time, and perhaps have a graphical representation of it is something I´ve been longing for since I discovered this player. Is it really two months already? Well, I have seen quite a lot of changes in this time and I´m sure after a good night´s sleep everything will be alright.

Track Time problem....

Reply #9
Oops.  Forgot about that (I never change my configs when I update, so I guess it's been selected all of this time).  That's in the playback menu, BUBBAgums, in case you can't find it.  Never had anything bad come of it though.

Edit:  New features in .58 make all of the above irrelevant.  Nice progress bar, Peter.