Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: the modified mpglib that used to be in the SDK (Read 2274 times) previous topic - next topic

the modified mpglib that used to be in the SDK

Hi.

I know there was a modified/improved version of mpglib that used to be a part of the SDK.  I am not sure if it is still a part of foobar2k or not.  But if it still exists, is there any chance I could get a copy of it?  (Or, does anyone know if the bug fixes/improvements were ever ported back into the mpg123 project?)

I'm working on a project that currently uses an older version of mpglib modified to output 32-bit floats.  It would be much better if I could use the foobar2k version not only because of the bugs that were fixed but also because I think it had some NASM routines for improved speed on some processors.  Even if this is no longer part of foobar, if I could get a copy of whatever the last version was (and permission to use it), that would be great.

Any help?

PS--Peter, if you read this and would like to know more about my project or how your version of mpglib would be used, please feel free to PM me.  Thanks.

Reply #1
Here's an early 2006 version pulled from my source archives, from just before I stopped using it.

No guarantees about bugs or performance. From what I remember, intensity stereo didn't work 100% right, but you can't generate such files with LAME so they're quite rare.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
Here's an early 2006 version pulled from my source archives, from just before I stopped using it.

No guarantees about bugs or performance. From what I remember, intensity stereo didn't work 100% right, but you can't generate such files with LAME so they're quite rare.

Thank you very much! !