Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What do you guys think of this song formatting in Foobar 2000? (Read 3600 times) previous topic - next topic

What do you guys think of this song formatting in Foobar 2000?

So I have more or less finished configuring Flac and EAC for ripping. I have done a test rip and one of my songs appear like this in the playlist of Foobar 2000:

Code: [Select]
Christina Aguilera - [Stripped #18] The Voice Within

Does the above look a bit weird to you? Or the format looks okay and I should go along with it?

Reply #1
I guess "Stripped" is the album name? Looks a bit like the track number belongs to the album name. I'd put the track number outside of the brackets.

Reply #2
The answer to your question is if it suits you, then use it. If it gives you all the information you want in a format that you understand, then that's fine.

Reply #3
I would use:

Christina Aguilera - Stripped - 18 - The Voice within

Or think of usind a folder structure.
One folder for artist, within that a folder for the album and within that the songs just with their names and prefix numbers.

That seems to be the most logic way...for me...
As chongy said it is a matter of taste.

Reply #4
I would use:

Christina Aguilera - Stripped - 18 - The Voice within

Or think of usind a folder structure.
One folder for artist, within that a folder for the album and within that the songs just with their names and prefix numbers.

That seems to be the most logic way...for me...
As chongy said it is a matter of taste.

Actually, I like how your setup better than mine. How do I configure Foobar to get rid of the boxes and format my tags like the way you have showned me?