Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: gapless playback plugin? (Read 4472 times) previous topic - next topic

gapless playback plugin?

Is there any gapless plugin for 0.9?
I really miss it in 0.9, in 0.8 it worked flawless (dont know which plugin, i think gapkiller).

edit: I know 0.9 plays lame-encoded mp3 gaplessly, but i have mp4/he-aac, and sometimes there's silence in the end/begining of the track, and the plugin usually cuts it off.

gapless playback plugin?

Reply #1
i believe aac supports gapless natively. maybe when the file was encoded, it wasn't made to be gapless. alternatively, i belive there is a DSP plugin which can emulate gapless.

edit: i belive that mp4 files encoded using iTunes have gaps in them. i don't use iTunes but a little google searching gave me the info. i'm not sure if the Nero AAC encoder supports gapless but i would believe that it does because it is said to fully support the mp4 standard.

gapless playback plugin?

Reply #2
For 0.9, there is Continuator (which is basically crossfading), and Skip Silence (which will skip any portion of a song that drops below a certain dB, even if that section is in the middle of a song).

For 0.8.3, there is a Gap Killer which will make non-gapless files gapless, but this hasn't yet been ported to 0.9
Is over the of = % over 100

gapless playback plugin?

Reply #3
i believe aac supports gapless natively. maybe when the file was encoded, it wasn't made to be gapless. alternatively, i belive there is a DSP plugin which can emulate gapless.

edit: i belive that mp4 files encoded using iTunes have gaps in them. i don't use iTunes but a little google searching gave me the info. i'm not sure if the Nero AAC encoder supports gapless but i would believe that it does because it is said to fully support the mp4 standard.

According to the HA Wiki, AAC is not a format which supports gapless playback natively. But support has been implemented in Nero mp4.

gapless playback plugin?

Reply #4
meh. i was partly right

gapless playback plugin?

Reply #5
I used 'gap_killer' with .8 and now use skip silence. Would prefer gap killer it was awesome. A lot of ppl said in the 'what i like about foobar' thread that they like the 'native gapless support' I have no idea what their talking about and will be watching this thread carefully to try and find a solution.

gapless playback plugin?

Reply #6
well, i used 0.8 to listen to the exact same tracks, and they were all flawlessly gapless, now with 0.9, i have skip silence and continuator, and i still cant play them without gaps..

edit: does anyone know if the source-code of gapkiller is available? im no expert programmer, but i could try to port it to 0.9..

gapless playback plugin?

Reply #7
All the music files created by me (mp3, aac), using EAC or Foobar plus Lame or NeroAacEnc, do play perfectly gapless with foobar. I've encountered some problem with some downloaded mp3s. They were all part of the same *.rar, and supposed to be part of the same album. When I play those files in foobar, there's a very little silence from consecutive tracks, but the astonishing thing is that iTunes is able to reproduce the same files perfectly gapless!!
Any idea of how can I solve this mistake? Maybe rewriting the ID3 tags?

Thanks for any hint.

gapless playback plugin?

Reply #8
iTunes fakes gapless on all files.
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)