Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo0.9, $caps2() (Read 3287 times) previous topic - next topic

foo0.9, $caps2()

Hey.
Some would say it's nothing, but I've found a bug which irritates me... ;>

I'm using $caps2() in trackinfo panel and playlist view, and foobar interprets two Polish diacritic characters ( 'ś' and 'ż') as a space.
Here's a sample:

Would be nice if someone fixes it. :]

foo0.9, $caps2()

Reply #1
Hey.
Some would say it's nothing, but I've found a bug which irritates me... ;>

I'm using $caps2() in trackinfo panel and playlist view, and foobar interprets two Polish diacritic characters ( '?' and '?') as a space.
Here's a sample:

Would be nice if someone fixes it. :]

That seems a bit improbable. If they were caps beforehand, $caps2() does not change them to lower case. You would want to use $caps() instead.

foo0.9, $caps2()

Reply #2
That seems a bit improbable. If they were caps beforehand, $caps2() does not change them to lower case. You would want to use $caps() instead.

When I use $caps() happens exactly the same. I can live with that... Just wanted someone to notice it and fix it in next beta/stable.

foo0.9, $caps2()

Reply #3

When I use $caps() happens exactly the same. I can live with that... Just wanted someone to notice it and fix it in next beta/stable.

I've had exactly the same problem as you when using $caps2 function in foobar 0.9.3.4 against polish diacritic characters. Every character after ? or ? is converted to capital. It caused a lot of problems to me already after I've ran my scripts against my polish tracks base (2000+ songs). I had to develop workaround script to revert that changes. Hope that foobar2000 developers will fix that in next release.