Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559114 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #75
hi,

my 2 cents about this promising alternate GUI:
It seems like it -could- become the GUI for which so many were waiting for. It's still apha, so bugs are okay. However, there's one thing which bothers me most: IMHO the settings and options should be severally streamlined. Combine options which can be combined, and drop the unneeded ones. Currently, the options are in a state and layout which makes it nearly impossible for style-designers, to post alternative designs for users to cut'n paste. Talking about cut'n paste, it would be nice if background-colors can be "disabled"(use the standard-windows-color).

Well, thats all which currently comes to my mind. As i mentioned already, imho the current vast amount of seperate options are overkill and could be streamlined.

great work

- Lyx

EDIT: see next post for more detailed descriptions
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Columns UI

Reply #76
ok, here're some basic things which come to my mind about streamlining and a more copy'n paste friendly layout:

- the colour-string should be global, instead of column-specific(individual column-foreground-colors can easiely be set in the column-string itself.
- selected-item-frame and background-color could then too be moved into the above global colour-string, and the coresponding color buttons removed
- rename "titleformatting spec" to "titleformating"
- rename "use custom titleformatting spec for sorting by column" to "use custom sorting string"

rearange the options:
- make the current "more" page, the root UI-page
- rename the current root UI-page to "column-formatting" and make it a sub of the root
- move the global color-string, vis-color-buttons and font-settings into a third options-page called "fonts & colors"

Of course the above is just my personal opinion on what could be improved about the options, and it may be well the case that most others do find my proposals wrong or plain stupid.

- Lyx

edit: even better would imho be, if the "global string" and "global color string" could be merged, so that we could set the global colors right inside the "global string" with a function, or something like that. But i don't know if thats possible.

Columns UI

Reply #77
Musicmusic,

Thanks for the sunken effect option. Looks much better on old-fashioned Windows.

Columns UI

Reply #78
Quote from: The Link,Jan 28 2004, 10:03 PM
This is getting really cool!  
Even the default settings look good IMHO (with the right fonts chosen). One thing that I'd like to have is working scrolling with the mouse wheel (no name mouse here ==> no good drivers). Otherwise everything is just great!

Regards,
The Link

Do you mean pressing the wheel (autoscroll) or turning it?

Quote from: BlueScreenJunky,Jan 28 2004, 10:08 PM
wow, sweeeet ! I love your UI, maybe still a few things to add/fix, but it's already better than the default one IMHO.

anyway, here are my thoughts, questions, suggestions :
  • Can you change the color of the font used to display the playlists list ? Well if you can't consider it as a feature request (white font on white background is not really readable ^^)
  • I think when you click the header of a column it should switch between ascending and descending sorting... Unless you prefer it that way for some reason ?
  • You should definitely be able to import/export configs (it's already been requested but I think it's an important feature)
  • I'd love to have a cusomizable tool-tip, that would display a string when you let your cursor over a title.
  • Could you use the same seekbar as in the default UI ? I find it easier to grab.
  • What is the space between the status bar and the playlist (about 5 pixels) used for ?  :-P

Well, I think that's all for now. Just keep up the good work ^^

1. done, forgot about that
2. ok will do since so many requests for it
3. yes later
4. later
5. ill change it
6. probably some bad calculations when resizing, can you show me a screenshot of everything?

Quote from: kerpondile,Jan 28 2004, 10:11 PM
Good job!! This component looks very good!!!

few improvements/suggestions:
when pressing a key in the playlist could take it to artist beginning with that alphabet.

for example you press B and the selection goes to Britney Spears

try foo_playlistfind, search for it

Quote from: kalmark,Jan 28 2004, 10:30 PM
Stuff worth mentoning:

1) You can only en/disable "Playback order", "Playback buttons" is linked to the same

2) If you change the column sizes by dragging, this does not change the sizes set in config -> you go into config, and everything gets back to the default (or whatever you set there)

3) Maybe a time_elapsed tooltip for the seekbar would be nice

4) And yes, the default colors should be changed

5) Maybe a different kind of vis... I made a small "stereo" vis, if you're interested, maybe it can be incorporated. I dunno how "vis-in-ui" code works, but I'm sure if I sent you my code it could be easily merged

BTW, anyone care to make some nice formatting strings for this UI?

And, before I forget : THANK YOU, again, for making this cool plugin! 

1. fixed

2. it should update when you next open prefs, but if you resize whilst prefs is open, it wont, because it cant keep track (you may add new columns etc.)

3. maybe later

5. do something about that much later

Quote from: Speek,Jan 28 2004, 11:14 PM
Quote from: musicmusic,Jan 28 2004, 10:18 PM
Quote from: Speek,Jan 27 2004, 01:42 PM
And another request: could you make the playlist 3D instead of flat look?
do you mean the frame/border around the playlist, or something else?

Yes, that's what I mean.

I added an option for it for now, because its only around playlist (not pl list if you use that) and looks bad for some reason.

Quote from: juglesh,Jan 29 2004, 12:44 AM

Maybe i could add a scrollbar less mode where columns expand/compress to take up all available space

that would be a decent solution if you could specify min/max pixels or % for each column.  for example, the length column (which i would want right aligned) would have a min/max of 70 pixels.  if all columns resized on window resize or column resize, the length column would allways stay the right size, and would allways stay to the right.

they would just act as ratios

Quote from: meatsoup,Jan 29 2004, 12:51 AM
I absolutely love this UI, but I have a problem with the playlist display after scrolling horizontally. Here's a screenshot.

If I scroll horizontally to the right, then select an item, it will display left-aligned as though I hadn't scrolled. This is with alpha 6, but I'm pretty sure it was happening with earlier builds.

Thanks, fixed

Quote from: treech,Jan 29 2004, 01:37 AM
Gettingreally good, but there are a few more things i'del ike to comment

the new option, use global string might have something to do with this suggestion, yes?

Also, ONE color property for all fields would be usefull (as an option)
and perhaps a singe place where i could paste thing like color definitions so i don't have to do that in every single window

please explain it further, i tried to add my color definitions there but it did not work as expected 

also, the scrollwheel on my mouse ain't working, mx700 (logitech) mouse that works just fine with the default UI

EDIT:
The dropdown thingy on the playback order is still not working.... 

1. it is combined with column string then sent to be formatted. put a $puts there and then a $get in each column it was wiped when you go back into config in alpha 6.

2. done
3. what happens exactly? nothing drops down? i will look into it, i just need to reproduce it first.

Quote from: bisley,Jan 29 2004, 11:32 AM
good job musicmusic, i like so much this ui   but 2 things...

when i change background color, only change the scroll bar color
and Why i dont see them?

keep up the good work !

1. i think you need to use colour string
2. you need to use arial unicode ms if you have that font

Quote from: Lyx,Jan 29 2004, 06:20 PM
ok, here're some basic things which come to my mind about streamlining and a more copy'n paste friendly layout:

- the colour-string should be global, instead of column-specific(individual column-foreground-colors can easiely be set in the column-string itself.
- selected-item-frame and background-color could then too be moved into the above global colour-string, and the coresponding color buttons removed
- rename "titleformatting spec" to "titleformating"
- rename "use custom titleformatting spec for sorting by column" to "use custom sorting string"

rearange the options:
- make the current "more" page, the root UI-page
- rename the current root UI-page to "column-formatting" and make it a sub of the root
- move the global color-string, vis-color-buttons and font-settings into a third options-page called "fonts & colors"

Of course the above is just my personal opinion on what could be improved about the options, and it may be well the case that most others do find my proposals wrong or plain stupid.

- Lyx

edit: even better would imho be, if the "global string" and "global color string" could be merged, so that we could set the global colors right inside the "global string" with a function, or something like that. But i don't know if thats possible.

i cant be bothered to cut up your quote so respectively:

1. then you cant set diff background colours per column, only per row (track). unless i set some extra item, %_column_index% or somthing, i might change it then
2. sel frame could if it was one string yes. background colour button does not relate to columns at all
3. what kind of diffrence would that make? apart from not making any sense.
Quote from: kode54,Jan 29 2004, 12:33 AM
There's also a slight bug in the total time display. It seems to show the length of the first track in the selection multiplied by the number of tracks selected.

thanks fixed
---
small release:
alpha 7
- fix turnng off toolbar buttons
- handle mouse wheel turning
- fix rendering when scrolling
- fix total time count
- some more options for fonts/ colours

Columns UI

Reply #79
musicmusic:
thanks for the fixes, very cool

Columns UI

Reply #80
1. then you cant set diff background colours per column, only per row (track). unless i set some extra item, %_column_index% or somthing, i might change it then

correct... however:
+ one string less >per column< to copy'n paste on sites like ampaa's formatting site
+ if the global string and such a global-color-string could be merged, ALL configuration stuff of a style could be centralized in the global string
- no column-specific background-colors possible

To me it seems, that the benefits are higher, than the disadvantages

2. sel frame could if it was one string yes. background colour button does not relate to columns at all

It may not relate to columns - but would it be possible to set the background-color via the color-string/global string?

What does this to relate to, exactly?

Ok, taking a wild guess that you may not understand what all this should be good for, here's a comparision.

stuff to copy'n paste and setup to insert a full foo_ui_columns style in the the options(in this example, our string has 5 columns):

as it is now:
01. paste global string
02. manually set background color
03. manually set selected-item color
04. paste column1 formatting string
05. paste column1 color-string
06. optionally past column1 sort string
07. paste column2 formatting string
08. paste column2 color-string
09. optionally past column2 sort string
10. paste column3 formatting string
11. paste column3 color-string
12. optionally past column3 sort string
13. paste column4 formatting string
14. paste column4 color-string
15. optionally past column4 sort string
16. paste column5 formatting string
17. paste column5 color-string
18. optionally past column5 sort string

if the color-string would be global, background and item-frame could be set in the color-string, and then, this color-string could be merged with the global string, it would be the following way:
01. paste global string
02. paste column1 formatting string
03. optionally past column1 sort string
04. paste column2 formatting string
05. optionally past column2 sort string
06. paste column3 formatting string
07. optionally past column3 sort string
08. paste column4 formatting string
09. optionally past column4 sort string
10. paste column5 formatting string
11. optionally past column5 sort string

I think saving 7 whole steps in the addition to having all central-config in the "general string" are worth sacrificing column-specific backgroundcolors.

---------------------------------------------------------

taking my above example, and asumung that the style we want to insert does not have custom sort strings, the advantage become even more obvious.

as it is now:
01. paste global string
06. paste column2 formatting string
07. paste column2 color-string
08. paste column3 formatting string
09. paste column3 color-string
10. paste column4 formatting string
11. paste column4 color-string
12. paste column5 formatting string
13. paste column5 color-string

with my idea:
01. paste global string
03. paste column2 formatting string
04. paste column3 formatting string
05. paste column4 formatting string
06. paste column5 formatting string

---------------------------------------------------------

ok, a final example. Lets asume that our style has different alternate color themes and we want to change between these themes.

as it is now:
01. paste color-config-part of the global string
04. paste column1 color-string
05. paste column2 color-string
06. paste column3 color-string
07. paste column4 color-string
08. paste column5 color-string

with my idea:
01. paste color-config-part of the global string

- Lyx

edit: added second example
edit: added third example

Columns UI

Reply #81
QUOTE (kerpondile @ Jan 28 2004, 10:11 PM)   
Good job!! This component looks very good!!!

few improvements/suggestions:
when pressing a key in the playlist could take it to artist beginning with that alphabet.

for example you press B and the selection goes to Britney Spears

QUOTE (musicmatch)
try foo_playlistfind, search for it

I meant the feature to be implemented just like in windows explorer, no extra windows... Is possible?

Columns UI

Reply #82
musicmusic:
thanks for the fixes, very cool

ah yes, it's a dropdown issue on the playback thingy, nothing really drops down, i've taken a small scrennshot of it...

screenshot

EDIT: cropping ?
wtf is that?

Ok that's what was happening before here, I know how to make it happen so hopefully i can fix it, thanks.

cropping: i probably meant to type clipped, basically when it gets cut off

Columns UI

Reply #83

correct... however:
+ one string less >per column< to copy'n paste on sites like ampaa's formatting site
+ if the global string and such a global-color-string could be merged, ALL configuration stuff of a style could be centralized in the global string
- no column-specific background-colors possible

To me it seems, that the benefits are higher, than the disadvantages

You cant put column background colours into global string, it wouldnt work because global string is just combined with column string and then formatted and then sent for display on playlist. Global string is just something to put tag guessing code/colour setting code into so you dont have to put it in each string. (i.e. make it easier to edit)

It may not relate to columns - but would it be possible to set the background-color via the color-string/global string?
What is the point exactly? So you have to type hex codes instead of using colour picker? I would agree, however, it would be better in some cases to be able copy and paste that easily but not in most cases.

What does this to relate to, exactly?
Surprisingly, it relates to the third bullet point you wrote. The word "Titleformatting" in that place in prefs by itself would not make any sense. I only wrote "spec" because i was trying to avoid the use of the word "string".

Ok, taking a wild guess that you may not understand what all this should be good for, here's a comparision.
I understand perfectly what you are saying.

stuff to copy'n paste and setup to insert a full foo_ui_columns style in the the options(in this example, our string has 5 columns):

as it is now:
01. paste global string
06. optionally past column1 sort string
07. paste column2 formatting string
08. paste column2 color-string
09. optionally past column2 sort string
10. paste column3 formatting string
11. paste column3 color-string
12. optionally past column3 sort string
13. paste column4 formatting string
14. paste column4 color-string
15. optionally past column4 sort string
16. paste column5 formatting string
17. paste column5 color-string
18. optionally past column5 sort string

if the color-string would be global, background and item-frame could be set in the color-string, and then, this color-string could be merged with the global string, it would be the following way:
01. paste global string
03. optionally past column1 sort string
04. paste column2 formatting string
05. optionally past column2 sort string
06. paste column3 formatting string
07. optionally past column3 sort string
08. paste column4 formatting string
09. optionally past column4 sort string
10. paste column5 formatting string
11. optionally past column5 sort string

I think saving 7 whole steps in the addition to having all central-config in the "general string" are worth sacrificing column-specific backgroundcolors.

Yes that's why I will add import/export tools later, which i have said already. Im not going to reduce functionality/hinder users making their own display config for no real reason. Not to mention I already said you wouldn't have to sacrifice the column specific colours, which btw I am definitely not getting rid of. Also your method of arguement is flawed. You cannot just say two points for and one against therefore overall its a good idea, without considering how important each point is and its implications. Not to mention some of your points are theoretical and invalid since its impossible to set column background colour in global string, or would at least work strangely. This is what I would say:

+ one less string per column if copying and pasting (- however, there will be import/export tools later)
- have to use silly $select to select background colours if per column, meaning lots of vertical scrolling in small box. (i.e. more hassle to set diff colours per column)
+ easier to set same colour for all columns

related: global string isnt currently combined with colour string, because it would cause wierd results if global string outputs something, but that will change too (extra option) and will alleviate the third point i just wrote.

Columns UI

Reply #84
Do you mean pressing the wheel (autoscroll) or turning it?

I meant turning which is exactly what is working with your latest version. 

Regards,
The Link

Columns UI

Reply #85
EDIT: cropping ?
wtf is that? 

Ok that's what was happening before here, I know how to make it happen so hopefully i can fix it, thanks.

cropping: i probably meant to type clipped, basically when it gets cut off

hehe, that was just a joke, meaning i didn't bother cropping/cutting the image, just as a side note

Columns UI

Reply #86
Reducing the color formatting of all columns to one script would also be a spoony idea, as it would be moving the which-column conditional checks from native code to the script, which of course will execute slower. </run-on>

Columns UI

Reply #87
right click on playlist tab "Save Playlist" not working for me using v0.8beta1

Columns UI

Reply #88
Thanks for this great UI... ^^

One minor request:
Is it possible to add the option of custom icon (for system trey)?
Like in the standard UI, where we could use any icon we like for system trey.

Just one minor point.
Thanks again.

Columns UI

Reply #89
6. probably some bad calculations when resizing, can you show me a screenshot of everything?

nah, it's OK, the problem was that it looked weird without the "sunken effect", it's all right now.
Great release btw, everything works just fine ^^

Columns UI

Reply #90
I cant seem to remove the playback buttons when using this UI - using foobar 7.7b + the lastest ui_columns dll -

great work btw !

Columns UI

Reply #91
Illegal operation:
Code: C0000094h, flags: 00000000h, address: 00C76278h
Call path:
WinMain=>app_mainloop
This is the first crash logged by this instance.
Code bytes (00C76278h):
00C76238h:  00 8D 45 D0 50 FF 35 EC B3 C8 00 FF 15 44 71 C8
00C76248h:  00 A1 70 B2 C8 00 89 45 A4 FF 35 38 B4 C8 00 FF
00C76258h:  15 64 72 C8 00 59 03 45 A4 89 45 E0 E8 E7 D4 FF
00C76268h:  FF 8B 4D D4 03 C8 89 4D D4 8B 45 DC 2B 45 D4 99
00C76278h:  F7 7D E0 89 45 CC E8 8B D8 00 00 89 85 68 FF FF
00C76288h:  FF 8B 85 68 FF FF FF 8B 00 8B 8D 68 FF FF FF FF
00C76298h:  50 0C 89 45 C4 B9 E0 AA C8 00 E8 AD 01 00 00 89
00C762A8h:  45 C8 A1 20 B4 C8 00 3B 45 C4 7C 09 8B 45 C4 48
Stack (0012F630h):
0012F610h:  B9849BB8 A0000CA4 81867F88 00000001
0012F620h:  A0005B7B 00000242 00000111 A030DA68
0012F630h:  0012F650 77E168A4 004E5DD0 00001202
0012F640h:  00000000 01D173B8 0012FCE4 00C86945
0012F650h:  FFFFFFFF 0012F6D0 00C75C0B 000A0136
0012F660h:  0000000E 0012F6A4 01A9CDE0 00000010
0012F670h:  FFFFFFF5 01A61480 01942548 0000003C
0012F680h:  01A61480 01A61480 01942548 0000003C
0012F690h:  0000003C 0000000F 0000000F 00000000
0012F6A0h:  00000010 0000044B 000001BB 00000000
0012F6B0h:  0000000F 00000004 00004000 01A61480
0012F6C0h:  01A61480 0000000F 0000000F 0012F6D8
0012F6D0h:  00C7E8E1 00000000 0012F9F0 00C81FB6
0012F6E0h:  00000111 00220276 030003F3 00000111
0012F6F0h:  00460020 006C0069 00730065 00000000
0012F700h:  00670043 0012F7FA 00000058 005C0068
0012F710h:  00132540 0013257C 0012F9F0 77FCF0E0
0012F720h:  77F91608 7FFDEC14 0013256C 001324EC
0012F730h:  77F70D2C 001325F0 7FFDEBF8 00132540
0012F740h:  0013257C 0012FA1C 001325F0 0013262C
Registers:
EAX: 000001AB, EBX: 004F1718, ECX: 00000010, EDX: 00000000
ESI: 00220276, EDI: 00000111, EBP: 0012F6CC, ESP: 0012F630
Crash location: "foo_ui_columns", loaded at 00C70000h - 00C91000h

Loaded modules:
foobar2000                       loaded at 00400000h - 00450000h
ntdll                            loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
KERNEL32                         loaded at 7C570000h - 7C623000h
USER32                           loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
GDI32                            loaded at 77F40000h - 77F79000h
ole32                            loaded at 77A50000h - 77B3C000h
RPCRT4                           loaded at 77D30000h - 77D9E000h
ADVAPI32                         loaded at 7C2D0000h - 7C332000h
COMCTL32                         loaded at 71710000h - 71794000h
utf8api                          loaded at 10000000h - 1000D000h
comdlg32                         loaded at 76B30000h - 76B6E000h
SHLWAPI                          loaded at 70A70000h - 70AD5000h
msvcrt                           loaded at 78000000h - 78045000h
SHELL32                          loaded at 782F0000h - 78538000h
foo_input_std                    loaded at 00840000h - 008DA000h
MSACM32                          loaded at 77410000h - 77423000h
WINMM                            loaded at 77570000h - 775A0000h
foo_output_std                   loaded at 00960000h - 00969000h
foo_ui_std                       loaded at 00970000h - 00988000h
foo_vis_manager                  loaded at 00990000h - 00998000h
foo_cdda                         loaded at 009A0000h - 009AE000h
foo_flac                         loaded at 009C0000h - 009D7000h
foo_ape                          loaded at 009E0000h - 009FF000h
foo_wavpack                      loaded at 00A00000h - 00A0B000h
foo_speex                        loaded at 00A10000h - 00A28000h
foo_console                      loaded at 00A30000h - 00A38000h
foo_read_http                    loaded at 00A40000h - 00A49000h
WS2_32                           loaded at 75030000h - 75044000h
WS2HELP                          loaded at 75020000h - 75028000h
foo_rgscan                       loaded at 00A50000h - 00A5B000h
foo_diskwriter                   loaded at 00A60000h - 00A6E000h
foo_albumlist                    loaded at 00A70000h - 00A7A000h
foo_masstag                      loaded at 00A80000h - 00A8E000h
foo_history                      loaded at 00A90000h - 00A9E000h
foo_dsp_extra                    loaded at 00AA0000h - 00AB5000h
foo_ac3                          loaded at 00AC0000h - 00AD0000h
foo_audioscrobbler               loaded at 00AD0000h - 00AF2000h
LIBCURL                          loaded at 00B00000h - 00B19000h
foo_clienc                       loaded at 00B30000h - 00B44000h
foo_dbsearch                     loaded at 00B50000h - 00B6A000h
foo_freedb                       loaded at 00B70000h - 00B9E000h
foo_mpeg4u                       loaded at 00BA0000h - 00BCC000h
foo_ofr                          loaded at 00BD0000h - 00BFE000h
foo_osd                          loaded at 00C10000h - 00C1A000h
foo_pl_hopper                    loaded at 00C20000h - 00C26000h
foo_shn                          loaded at 00C30000h - 00C40000h
foo_syfm                         loaded at 00C40000h - 00C4A000h
MSVCR70                          loaded at 5D000000h - 5D04C000h
foo_tbar                         loaded at 00C60000h - 00C69000h
foo_ui_columns                   loaded at 00C70000h - 00C91000h
foo_unpack                       loaded at 00CA0000h - 00CD1000h
OLEAUT32                         loaded at 779B0000h - 77A4B000h
foo_utils                        loaded at 010F0000h - 010F6000h
foo_web                          loaded at 01100000h - 01118000h
foo_wma                          loaded at 01220000h - 01235000h
WMVCore                          loaded at 08530000h - 0872D000h
WMASF                            loaded at 07260000h - 07299000h
foo_write_http                   loaded at 01240000h - 01251000h
LgWndHk                          loaded at 01260000h - 01267000h
iTchHk                           loaded at 024F0000h - 024F7000h
LgMsgHk                          loaded at 02920000h - 0293E000h
rnr20                            loaded at 782C0000h - 782CC000h
DNSAPI                           loaded at 77980000h - 779A4000h
WSOCK32                          loaded at 75050000h - 75058000h
iphlpapi                         loaded at 77340000h - 77353000h
ICMP                             loaded at 77520000h - 77525000h
MPRAPI                           loaded at 77320000h - 77337000h
SAMLIB                           loaded at 75150000h - 7515F000h
NETAPI32                         loaded at 75170000h - 751BF000h
SECUR32                          loaded at 7C340000h - 7C34F000h
NETRAP                           loaded at 751C0000h - 751C6000h
WLDAP32                          loaded at 77950000h - 7797A000h
ACTIVEDS                         loaded at 773B0000h - 773DF000h
ADSLDPC                          loaded at 77380000h - 773A3000h
RTUTILS                          loaded at 77830000h - 7783E000h
SETUPAPI                         loaded at 77880000h - 7790E000h
USERENV                          loaded at 7C0F0000h - 7C151000h
RASAPI32                         loaded at 774E0000h - 77513000h
RASMAN                           loaded at 774C0000h - 774D1000h
TAPI32                           loaded at 77530000h - 77552000h
DHCPCSVC                         loaded at 77360000h - 77379000h
winrnr                           loaded at 777E0000h - 777E8000h
rasadhlp                         loaded at 777F0000h - 777F5000h
msafd                            loaded at 74FD0000h - 74FEE000h
wshtcpip                         loaded at 75010000h - 75017000h
kbdhook                          loaded at 02B90000h - 02B97000h
imagehlp                         loaded at 77920000h - 77943000h
DBGHELP                          loaded at 72A00000h - 72A2D000h

Stack dump analysis:
Address: 77E168A4h, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 00C86945h, location: "foo_ui_columns", loaded at 00C70000h - 00C91000h
Address: 00C75C0Bh, location: "foo_ui_columns", loaded at 00C70000h - 00C91000h
Address: 00C7E8E1h, location: "foo_ui_columns", loaded at 00C70000h - 00C91000h
Address: 00C81FB6h, location: "foo_ui_columns", loaded at 00C70000h - 00C91000h
Address: 77FCF0E0h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77F91608h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77F70D2Ch, location: "GDI32", loaded at 77F40000h - 77F79000h
Address: 77FCF070h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77E5C598h, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 77F8C277h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77FCF170h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77F91B5Ch, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77FCF0E0h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 02B92048h, location: "kbdhook", loaded at 02B90000h - 02B97000h
Address: 77F92A54h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77F98191h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77F92A98h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77FCC35Ch, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77F98191h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77F92A98h, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77E1A3C2h, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 77E152CAh, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 77E3A2D0h, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 77E29067h, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 012610D8h, location: "LgWndHk", loaded at 01260000h - 01267000h
Address: 77E1558Ah, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 77E1559Ah, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 01100060h, location: "foo_web", loaded at 01100000h - 01118000h
Address: 77FA15EFh, location: "ntdll", loaded at 77F80000h - 77FFB000h
Address: 77E1A3C2h, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 01261120h, location: "LgWndHk", loaded at 01260000h - 01267000h
Address: 77E3A2D0h, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 77E28C1Bh, location: "USER32", loaded at 77E10000h - 77E6F000h
Address: 00C81E50h, location: "foo_ui_columns", loaded at 00C70000h - 00C91000h

Version info:
foobar2000 v0.8 beta 1
UNICODE

try entering -11 or something low in the item height thingy to cause a crash
EDIT: i guess it depends on what fontsize u have, i'm currently using Lucida Console 8 and it dies if i type -11.

Columns UI

Reply #92
Disturbing, just found all of my columns getting set to default if i move the dll out, start foobar, close it and then put it back and start it 

anyway, it also seems to remove a few of the new 0.8 menu stuff, suck as sorting and so on, guess it's time for a 0.8 uppdate as well

also, it has happened that it simpli ignores // ascomments in the filds and insted pastet it on the playlist, i think u can reproduce it by doing thid in the lenght field:
//[%_TIME_ELAPSED%/]%_LENGTH%

it looks like crap here at least

Columns UI

Reply #93
Disturbing, just found all of my columns getting set to default if i move the dll out, start foobar, close it and then put it back and start it 

Yup... That's how the configuration system works. Data is lost when there is no matching cfg_var or config_var to receive it and eventually save it. Remove the component, and all of its settings will be lost the next time the configuration is saved to disk.

also, it has happened that it simpli ignores // ascomments in the filds

Incorrect. The problem is that your "global" script does not end with a blank line. The contents of the "global" script are inserted immediately before each of your column scripts before execution, and comments cannot be started in the middle of a line.

Columns UI

Reply #94
I feel like a dolt, but I can't get this to do ANYTHING.  Is there a tutorial anywhere?  I have installed the dll and played with the preferences to no avail.

EDIT:  I [span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%']AM[/span] a dolt!  I just found the drop-down menu for "User interface module."  DOH!

Columns UI

Reply #95

Actually, no. The checkboxes behave, but "Playback buttons" still toggles "Playback order."

Also, "Rename this playlist..." always renames the current playlist, regardless of which tab I right-clicked.

Columns UI

Reply #96
I cant seem to remove the playback buttons when using this UI - using foobar 7.7b + the lastest ui_columns dll -

great work btw !

Actually, no. The checkboxes behave, but "Playback buttons" still toggles "Playback order."

My bad, definitely fixed this time.

Also, "Rename this playlist..." always renames the current playlist, regardless of which tab I right-clicked.
Thanks, fixed.

try entering -11 or something low in the item height thingy to cause a crash
EDIT: i guess it depends on what fontsize u have, i'm currently using Lucida Console 8 and it dies if i type -11.
Thanks fixed.

About problems with playback order drop down - i couldnt get it to happen again here so I dont know what's up with it. Does anyone else know what's wrong with it/how to fix it?

alpha 8

changelog:
- changed selection behaviour
- improved seekbar, can grip from anywhere, added tooltip
- added tooltips support (on very old operating systems e.g. original win95 they wont be vertically centre aligned)
- clicking on columns remmbers asc/desc sort, and puts arrows on column (on below xp they are just some triangles i drew, on xp & above they come from visual theme or somewhere)
- added horizontal scrollbarless mode, use widths in prefs as ratios. (resizing columns from ui wont work in this mode.)
- fixed crash when item height becomes zero
- fixed removing plaback buttons
- fixed renaming playlist in tabs
- fixed blurred tray icon, tray icon resource leak (thanks kode54)
- fixed vertical scrollbar redrawing bug in prveious version

There's still some redraw problem when moving rebar items to a new bar/line I haven't fixed yet.

Columns UI

Reply #97
it also seems to remove a few of the new 0.8 menu stuff, such as sorting and so on

also, what is the "also use for colors string" checkbox for ?

Columns UI

Reply #98
it also seems to remove a few of the new 0.8 menu stuff, such as sorting and so on

also, what is the "also use for colors string" checkbox for ?

I guess it prepends the global script to the colors script when processing each column...

Columns UI

Reply #99
Shortcutkeys doesn't appear to work when you have selected a playlist in the playlist list.