Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4586970 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7976
Code: [Select]
"$strstr(%title%,' with ')" PRESENT

Thank you very much, once again, marck23

One last thing about the Query search
All the scripts worked for me except the one that searches for tracks whose title contains the character ' and also the character "

"$strchr(%title%,''')" PRESENT

"$strchr(%title%,'"')" PRESENT

Reply #7978
Title Formatting Reference: As a special case, '' (two single quotes in a row) results in one single quote.

"$strstr(%title%,'')" PRESENT

Thank you very much Grimes

It worked perfectly

I just need to do a search that lists the tracks that contain in %title% the character " (double quotation mark)

I try this script and it does not work:

"$strstr(%title%,'"')" PRESENT

Reply #7979
Don't know if this is the right place to ask.

I want to add a field to the Item Properties panel. Easy enough for standard tags, but how do I add a tag that is normally reachable by using $meta (for instance $meta(label) or $meta(releasecountry) ).
If I use rightclick in a playlist and choose Properties I do get all properties, but they are presented in a couple of tabs and are editable.

So how can I add "special fields" to the normal Item Properties panel? Or is there a different component available?

Reply #7981
Try Item details.

Yes, that works, but means you'll have to "rebuild" the whole Item Properties panel in the Item Details panel.

Am I correct to assume it is not possible to use $meta and/or $info fields in the Item Properties panel?

Reply #7983
but how do I add a tag that is normally reachable by using $meta (for instance $meta(label) or $meta(releasecountry) ).
Why does it need $meta(label) ? Just enter LABEL and it works. (But if you are trying to split mult-values with $meta then looks like you are out of luck)

Reply #7984
Properties + Other Info bundled with my JScript Panel 3 component displays all tags. It just iterates whatever exists with no configuration required.

https://jscript-panel.github.io/gallery/properties-other-info/

Reply #7985
Why does it need $meta(label) ? Just enter LABEL and it works. (But if you are trying to split mult-values with $meta then looks like you are out of luck)

My bad :-)
I've been so used to having to use $meta for those fields that I overlooked testing the most obvious. So yes, I can add fields like discogs_label, discogs_country, musicbrainz album release country etc.

Only issue is that I would like to be able to define a field in Item Properties that displays something like:
$if3($meta(releasecountry),$meta(musicbrainz album release country),$meta(discogs_country))

But for now I'm quite happy.
Thx

Reply #7986
Properties + Other Info bundled with my JScript Panel 3 component displays all tags. It just iterates whatever exists with no configuration required.

https://jscript-panel.github.io/gallery/properties-other-info/

Thx for replying.

I'll check. I'm quite heavily dependent on 2.8.8 (with modified button and volume bar code for automatic adjustment for windows scaling and pseudo-transparency) though and as far as I remember I cannot use both versions of jscript_panel.

Reply #7988
You can install JSP3 along side your existing copy of 2.8.8. They have different dll names/internal names/ids.

Thx!

I installed a jscript 2.8.8 panel with the Properties + Other sample script.
I also a jscript 3.2.20 panel installed jscript 3.2.20 with the Properties + Other Info sample script.

Both show exactly the info I want to see and I like that you can select Follow selected track.

I do have two issues:

First issue: I cannot change the width of the displayed colums (fieldname and value) and the layout seems to first display the fieldname fully. Because of that I don't see much of the relevant values. Happens both in jscript 2 and jscript 3.

Second issue: How can I get jscript 3 to use pseudo-transparency? Jscript 2 works fine and looks great imo.

Reply #7989
That width issue is quite simply a bug. It's supposed to use the widest field name, not section header as the width. I'll fix that for the next release.

Although not documented, I guess you can get pseudo transparency in the latest 3.2.20 by adding from the Toolbar section in the CUI layout editing preferences, not Panel. You'd also have to edit the on_paint function inside the panel and comment out panel.paint like this...

function on_paint(gr) {
//panel.paint(gr);
panel.draw_header(gr, list.header_text());
list.paint(gr);
}

edit: script bug should be fixed. anyone using 3.2.20 can right click this>save link as

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jscript-panel/component/cfdc7c486c9256a85cb7e948e853b67ac01a71e3/samples/js/list.js

and save inside their user foo_jscript_panel3 component folder (samples\js overwriting the existing list.js)

Reply #7990
That width issue is quite simply a bug. It's supposed to use the widest field name, not section header as the width. I'll fix that for the next release.

Thx again.

I confirm that the changes for list.js did the trick. Width is ok now.
I also changed code in the  Properties + Other Info sample script, but where can I find the following "Toolbar section in the CUI layout editing preferences" ?

Reply #7991
Right click any splitter>Insert panel>Toolbars>JScript Panel 3.

If you use Panels instead of Toolbars, you won't get transparency. It's not an option like 2.8.8  - it gets enabled automatically for toolbars.

Reply #7992
Right click any splitter>Insert panel>Toolbars>JScript Panel 3.

If you use Panels instead of Toolbars, you won't get transparency. It's not an option like 2.8.8  - it gets enabled automatically for toolbars.

Works like a charm :-D
I also used the same method (toolbar and altering the on_paint function) to migrate my ART panel (thumbs.js) to jscript3.
I'll now try to migrate the more heavily modified menu button, pbo button and volume slider which are all jscript2 panels and also depend on pseudo-transparency.

Edit: Migration of Volume slider to JS3 was easy enough :-) I added the altered source for reference.

Question about the Properties + Other Info toolbar.

I do like the fact you can click on certain fields which open up a playlist with all tracks with this particular value of the clicked field.
But is there a method to go back to the previous playlist other then navigating to my playlist panel?
Another thing is everytime you click a new playlist is created (even when it has the same search properties as another one) which kind of clutters the playlist panel.
Alternatively is their a simple way to disable the clickthrough functionality if there's no fix for the above?

Reply #7994
I have recently converted to foobar2000 v2.0 [x64].  In the process, I lost the use of albumart which used to do pretty well what I wanted it to do.

I note that Columns_UI has an albumart type component.  I can only select folder, back, CD and Artist.  Each section is configurable, e.g. I can name which images are candidates for the nominated section - folder.jpg, front.png and even *.png which will find the first .png file in the folder and display it.  I also note that if I click on the displayed artwork, Columns_UI will display the first image in the folder.

However I could not find an option that allows me to cycle through the several images that exist in most of my music albums.

Is there a way to make the artwork display cyclically through the images in a selected music folder?  Two places I can think of that would work for me is to use one of the existing sections and cycle through if *.png and *.jpg are nominated or if there is a fifth section which cycles through *.jpg and *.png files.  It would also be nice to change the display time of each file.

Reply #7995
I lost the use of albumart which used to do pretty well what I wanted it to do.
[...]
Is there a way to make the artwork display cyclically through the images in a selected music folder?
I have been on this very quest since v2.0 came out, and the short answer is, no, there is nothing available right now that can do what the Album Art panel does.

That being said, the JScript Panel 3 has a sample available that can cycle through album art (I think it's called "Thumbs"), but the cycle-times are fixed, and it does not offer cross-fading transitions of the images.  Also, there is no default image option, so when nothing is selected in the playlist, the panel is blank.  (These limits can probably be overcome if you can do you own Java script coding, but aside from that, there is just the default settings.)

This issue is exactly the reason I am staying with the 32-bit version of foobar2000, for the time being - the Album Art Panel still works fine with it.

Reply #7996
Is it possible to prevent the "Filter Results Playback" playlist from being created when searching from the filter search whilst the something from the "Playlist Results" playlist is playing? I have never ever needed this playlist and it consistently ruins my keyboard shortcuts and playlist manager layout. Would it be better to create an issue on reupen's Github?

Reply #7997
That's the opposite for me, I like the playlist "Filter Results" with playing song to be renamed in "Filter Results (Playback)". Like that I don't lose the playing playlist. That's something I rather miss with Refacets for example.
But it doesn't answer your question sorry. If you don't have success here, I guess you can ask your request in Github indeed.

Reply #7998
Does anyone know how to get rid of these headings in Columns UI? I just want a line separating the albums. I tried messing with this grouping setting without knowing what I was doing, but it doesn't seem like the setting that does what I want.

Also, if someone can recommend a cool idea to modify the toolbar area to match the rest of the window (maybe a waveform seekbar or better buttons or something), I'd be grateful

Reply #7999
I think the only way to do that (with CUI Playlist) is to:
- Keep your grouping showing your album names as-is, but "hide" it by coloring the text same as the background. In your case black, so put $rgb(0,0,0) in front of the display pattern. In essence you get an empty line.
- Have an additional grouping below that which only has a zero-width whitespace character in it. This will draw the horizontal lines. You can copy the character from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-width_space

The downside is that the spacing will be odd, you will have one "empty" grouping followed by a horizontal line.