Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_midi (foobar2000 v2.0) (Read 26154 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_midi (foobar2000 v2.0)

Reply #50
v2.8.2.0, 2023-05-20, Spring Cleaning

Automatic update from within foobar2000 still does not work...
nice thx for the update Pgyt.
yeah, why is that, why does the update check from within Foobar2000 not working?

Reply #53
One stereo channel of midi file in Waveform minibar (mod) fails. (Maybe the wrong thread)

Reply #54
The problem is, that internal key foo_midi (x64) is not equal to the uploaded file foo_midi.
Well, then I'm stuck. I uploaded a new copy of the binaries as "foo_midi (x64)" but the portal returns it as "foo_midi". I had to use "foo_midi (x64)" because "foo_midi" was already taken by kode54. Unless Peter fixes this behind the scene, I don't see what else I can do.

Reply #56
One stereo channel of midi file in Waveform minibar (mod) fails. (Maybe the wrong thread)
Which MIDI player did you use?

Reply #58
It's too bad the midi and lyrics components are separate projects - I have a lot of karaoke midis with lyrics data foo_midi doesn't expose and foo_openlyrics can't see.
Lyrics support has been added to the next version.

Reply #59
There is a report of a regression in comparison to foo_midi v2.7.3 when used with VSTi: the vsthost32.exe doesn't close when playback of a track is over, so if a few tracks were played, a few vsthost32.exe are left running unused until foobar2000 is closed.

Reply #60
There is a report of a regression in comparison to foo_midi v2.7.3 when used with VSTi: the vsthost32.exe doesn't close when playback of a track is over, so if a few tracks were played, a few vsthost32.exe are left running unused until foobar2000 is closed.
I'll look in to it.

Reply #61
I'll look in to it.
Fixed in next version. Thanks for the report.

Reply #62
v2.8.3.0, 2023-06-01, Do you want lyrics with that?

* Cue Marker, Lyrics, Time Signature and Key Signature meta events are now converted to tags.
  * Soft Karaoke lyrics are stored in an SYNCEDLYRICS tag; other lyrics in a LYRICS tag. The tags can be edited but will not be written back to the MIDI file.
  * Info tag MIDI_LYRICS_TYPE contains the name of the Karaoke standard. For now, only Soft Karaoke format is recognized.
* Bug Fix: vshost process was not stopped when checking for presets. (Regression)

URL: https://github.com/stuerp/foo_midi/

Download from https://github.com/stuerp/foo_midi/releases or the Components Repository.

Reply #63
Automatic updating doesn't work because your component doesn't use the filename you have marked in the repository.
I think the best solution would be that the ownership of foo_midi component page is transferred to you.

Reply #64
I know.  I'll ask @Peter if he's OK with it.

Reply #65
I finally updated to the new component for v2.0. I held off for a while because I suspected there would be teething issues. Sure enough, I have lost the Secret Sauce option. The Secret Sauce link specified under Advanced preferences has not changed. How do I get this option back?

EDIT: Okay, not sure what I did but after fiddling with changing the output player, the Secret Sauce option rematerialised, but regardless the output is wrong. In fact, it seems no matter what output device I select, it's stuck using presumably the default chiptune midi synth. Tried restarting foobar2000, but hasn't made a difference. Did I ought to try a fully clean installation of the component?

Reply #66
I finally updated to the new component for v2.0. I held off for a while because I suspected there would be teething issues. Sure enough, I have lost the Secret Sauce option. The Secret Sauce link specified under Advanced preferences has not changed. How do I get this option back?

EDIT: Okay, not sure what I did but after fiddling with changing the output player, the Secret Sauce option rematerialised, but regardless the output is wrong. In fact, it seems no matter what output device I select, it's stuck using presumably the default chiptune midi synth. Tried restarting foobar2000, but hasn't made a difference. Did I ought to try a fully clean installation of the component?
The latest versions have a Paths sub-page that lists all the path- and file names that the component uses. Is the path for Secret Sauce correct?
You're clearly using the ADL decoder.

Reply #67
Hm, I just updated to the latest build from github (using 32 bit foobar2000 2.0) and I can't configure soundfonts for BASSMIDI anymore, the "Configure" button is greyed out and doesn't do anything. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, not sure. :)

Edit: Correction, I just saw I have to set the soundfont in the "Paths" settings now, but it doesn't seem to work, it plays songs with Emu de MIDI even when BASSMIDI is selected. The latest build before the current one (2.8.2.0) seems to work with BASSMIDI, though.

Reply #68
I just tested out v2.8.3 and found that when I play an official freebies from Yamaha back from the early 2000s that I have saved.
using the VSTi  Yamaha Soft synth S-YXG50 dll that Kode54 had setup for me...
it all sounds like Emu De MIDI .. and not the rich feel of the S-YXG50 dll...

edit1:
I checked Task Manager and found no VSTi host running under Foobar2000 app when I played a MIDI file..
so not sure whats going on but its not working right now..

Reply #69
I just tested out v2.8.3 and found that when I play an official freebies from Yamaha back from the early 2000s that I have saved.
using the VSTi  Yamaha Soft synth S-YXG50 dll that Kode54 had setup for me...
it all sounds like Emu De MIDI .. and not the rich feel of the S-YXG50 dll...

edit1:
I checked Task Manager and found no VSTi host running under Foobar2000 app when I played a MIDI file..
so not sure whats going on but its not working right now..
Confirmed. Seems like I cleaned up too much code in the player selection. I'll get on it.

Reply #70
v2.8.3.1, 2023-06-03, Do you want lyrics with that? Redux

* Bug Fix: The user selection of the MIDI player was no longer honored. (Regression) A SOLID bug...

Download from https://github.com/stuerp/foo_midi/releases or the Components Repository.

P.S. For the developers here... please stick to SOLID and never trust old code  :)

Reply #71
That update fixed the problem I was having, too, thanks!

Reply #72
v2.8.3.1, 2023-06-03, Do you want lyrics with that? Redux

* Bug Fix: The user selection of the MIDI player was no longer honored. (Regression) A SOLID bug...

P.S. For the developers here... please stick to SOLID and never trust old code  :)

thx Pqyt, its working again now..
huwayy!
a quick FIX!! lol

Reply #73
The latest versions have a Paths sub-page that lists all the path- and file names that the component uses. Is the path for Secret Sauce correct?
You're clearly using the ADL decoder.

I hadn't noticed this, good to know for future reference. The links there are correct anyway, the exact same as under Advanced preferences.
Regardless, the latest component update fixed my problem, I'm able to use Secret Sauce, S-YXG50 and whatever else again. Clearly I chose the precise wrong moment to update to this fork. :D

Reply #74
v2.8.4.0, 2023-06-26, Beat the Drum

• New: A new Info tag "MIDI_PLAYER" contains the name of the MIDI player playing the current track.
  • New: Added detection of an extra percussion channel in Standard MIDI Files (*.MID). When meta data messages of type Text, Track Name or Instrument Name containing the word "drum" preceed the first message for channel 16 it will be used as an extra percussion channel in addition to channel 10.
  • New: A new Info tag "MIDI_EXTRA_PERCUSSION_CHANNEL" contains the (1-based) number of the channel that acts as an additional percussion channel (only channel 16 for now).
  • Improved: Error reporting in general and in case of parsing MIDI files with problems.
  • Bug Fix: Playing loops did not always work. (Regression)