Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 129364 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #52
@marc2k3 Not here.

Yeah, like I said in my post, I had 2 installs running. One was fine, the other was not. I think somehow I inadvertently selected "Default Playlist" from the "Layout>Quick setup" dialog - I don't consciously remember doing it but choosing "Album art in playlist" restored the columns again. Odd.

I think the columns should be selectable regardless of which quick setup option you choose.

Reply #53
Is there any similar link for HEIC ?

I don't think so. webp is very much a Google thing so that's why they've provided that for many years. HEIC support only comes in windows 10 and later via the store. Someone may correct me on that.

edit: I just googled "heic wic windows 7" and found this....

https://winaero.com/heif-heic-images-windows-10/

which links to this...

https://www.copytrans.net/copytransheic/

I'm not testing though.

Reply #55
Not 100% sure, but I seem to get crashes when moving around or resizing items on the toolbar, especially if I have toolbar visualizations are enabled. (specifically I usually use spectrum and oscilloscope).

I've pressed "send report" on such crashes a few times. Happened while remaking my usual layout on a fresh install, for now I've had to leave my toolbar visualizations disabled, but I figured I'd report it here in case it's not an issue that's been noticed.

on fb2k 2.0, 32-bit

Reply #56
Lossless DTS files that aren't packed in Matroska are not playable with new built-in DTS decoder.

Reply #57
I can't even get beta 3 or beta 4 running. Both crash immediately after the import process :/

Reply #58
fb2k 2.0 UI responsive too slow.
I have about 400,000 items in my playlist, and from 260,000 onwards, pressing and holding the up/down arrow keys will teleport without seeing movement.
It also uses too much CPU.
Look at the captured video file.
My CPU has 12 threads so 8.3% utilization equals 100%.

2.0 beta 4 x64.mp4
https://file.io/AVC8SVxBKQYb

1.6.12.mp4
https://file.io/1th89wg8aSde

Reply #60
Beta 5 https://www.foobar2000.org/download
    Fixed various crash bugs.
    Improved rendering performance of very large playlists with grouping & album art enabled.
    Made ReFacets sorting remembered.
    Fixed inverted titles of "Add Files" vs "Open" dialogs.
    Reduced output reopen delay when input format (channel count etc) changes.
    Improved dark mode rendering of checkboxes.
    Suppressed library error log lines about folder.jpg etc inside archive files.

Reply #62
About CPU usage increase of V2 beta 4 compared to FB 1.6 and V2 Alpha

Hello, the following notes just to seek for feedbacks / share my data in case others may have noticed the same CPU usage increase.

As I started testing FB v2 Alpha I did NOT notice any relevant CPU usage increase vs. previous v1.6.
Over the time I did not performe other comparison because I was not having performance problem, thereof I believe the CPU usage remained quite same until Beta 4.

As I installed Beta 4 I started noticing some CPU resource issue (to know that I am running a 32bit Win 10 old PC ... 2GHz 2 cores).
However, last time I made CPU check with v2 Alpha, with regular FLAC audio, I recorded 50% of CPU usage, while yesterday, with Bet 4, I had to record 80% of CPU usage.

Is it only me or also others have noticed this CPU usage increase?

Regards, Andrea

Reply #63
Please test beta 5 which has fixes for high cpu usage.

Reply #64
Is it only me or also others have noticed this CPU usage increase?

I've noticed that 2.0 can stutter and struggle if the CPU is under a heavier load like running Stereo Tool in VST Wrapper being one of the more extreme things you can do.  I haven't observed any increases in CPU usages though as it remains about the same.  In lighter CPU loads remains about the same as before as well.

1,6.12 handles the same heavy CPU load being generated just fine without stutters or struggles.

Reply #65
Please test beta 5 which has fixes for high cpu usage.

Thanks. I tested the new Beta 6 and it is somehow better than the Beta 4: approximatively 10% less CPU usage.
But I am still having big problems... I cannot play SACD anymore because running out of CPU power.

I have to investigate because no such kind of issues until recently (from Beta 4)...

All the best, Andrea

Reply #66
Not 100% sure, but I seem to get crashes when moving around or resizing items on the toolbar, especially if I have toolbar visualizations are enabled. (specifically I usually use spectrum and oscilloscope).

I've pressed "send report" on such crashes a few times. Happened while remaking my usual layout on a fresh install, for now I've had to leave my toolbar visualizations disabled, but I figured I'd report it here in case it's not an issue that's been noticed.

on fb2k 2.0, 32-bit

Update on this problem, turns out these issues are likely due to MSI Afterburner and RivaTunerStatisticsServer trying to hook into the the program- so users of MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner, to fix this, you need to open RivaTuner's GUI and add foobar2000.exe to the application profile list, and set detection for it to "None" to prevent it from trying to hook into foobar2000s video buffers, which is what was leading to all of the crashes for whatever reason.

I probably should've noticed this sooner, but it just didn't occur to me that RivaTuner would be trying to hook Foobar2000 at all, since it never did before, I assume this is due to the shift from software to hardware rendering for the visualizations. I only caught onto it being a RivaTuner thing due to a random crash I had not even opening the foobar error reporter and instead dumping the error into Windows Reliability History, with the faulting module being "dxgi.dll" in Windows.

Reply #67
  • Layout splitters can't be locked anymore (to prevent accidental panel resizing) in layout editing mode
Man this one is a real nuisance. I hope this is not intended... because previously in another thread @Case wrote -

Size locking is still there, see the various scale options. But you can't lock all sizes anymore, you have to pick which side of a splitter remains resizable.
The problem is the middle ones are not locked, they stay resizable. The "Scale left/right/top/bottom" options are fine in terms of not moving the splitters when the window dimensions change (I like that), but the splitter bars themselves can still be accidentally resized. And even worse with lots of splitters in play, rolling the mouse over the layout changes the mouse cursor to arrows constantly. <argh>

A single "Lock splitter" option (edit: to lock all panes at once) could still work together with the "Scale left/right/top/bottom" options - simply preventing the mouse cursor changing and accidental resizing. (It could be dimmed out with "Scale proportionally")

Please for the love of gods consider bringing back the option, Peter. Or Case, whisper in his ear. :D

Reply #68

on fb2k 2.0, 32-bit

Update on this problem, turns out these issues are likely due to MSI Afterburner and RivaTunerStatisticsServer trying to hook into the the program- so users of MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner, to fix this, you need to open RivaTuner's GUI and add foobar2000.exe to the application profile list, and set detection for it to "None" to prevent it from trying to hook into foobar2000s video buffers, which is what was leading to all of the crashes for whatever reason.

I probably should've noticed this sooner, but it just didn't occur to me that RivaTuner would be trying to hook Foobar2000 at all, since it never did before, I assume this is due to the shift from software to hardware rendering for the visualizations. I only caught onto it being a RivaTuner thing due to a random crash I had not even opening the foobar error reporter and instead dumping the error into Windows Reliability History, with the faulting module being "dxgi.dll" in Windows.

Visualizations now use Direct2D, which is in turn, built on DX10 infrastructure, such as dxgi.dll which exports functions needed to build the D2D instance.

Funny, I would have thought with a name associated with game cheating would know all about DLL hooking........

Reply #70
Beta2 through Beta6. I enter an exact song name into the search bar, but it finds no results.

Reply #71
Beta6 x64: Album Art in playlist forgets "Padding" and "Border" state after restart. Playlist columns forget their width.

Reply #72
In Defaut User Interface, System notification area options are gone ? Why ?
Minimize to notification area is a must have ;)

Reply #74
Beta 6

Default User Interface - if an splitter with tabs is resized enough to appear horizontal scrollbar it is displayed in white color.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why